Tendering/Docking

stjohnrocks

Does anyone know if the Princess Coral docks or tenders in Ketchikan also Juneau? I'm looking at a non-ship tour in Ketchikan that leaves at 7:00am and the ship is scheduled to arrive at 6:30 am. Or does it change from week to week?

Thanks

Even if everything goes perfectly, it's gonna be difficult to make an excursion that departs 30 minutes after the ship docks. If you tender, forget it!

I would contact the tour operator, let them know when you dock and which ship, and see what they say. Also, make sure that if the ship is late and you don't make a reservation, that you will get a full refund (or not be charged). Most operators do that, but it's nice to be certain.

-Monte

It is a MUST to go with the vender's recommendation for scheduling. They are the experts, sometimes, depending on ship schedules, they do adjust times. Have your port information accurate and consult with them directly.

That's what I was aiming for BQ. But you said it much clearer :)

happy sails

-Monte

With the help of a magnifying glass, I could see what ships were in port at the same time - but I still have no clue to the answer to the OP's question?? What am I missing?

Haven't checked the site listed so but if it doesn't show whether a ship is docked/anchored (it has in the past) that could be because it's still awfully early. Also, the specific date would be needed to be certain anyway. What most of the answers indicate just to go with the vendors suggestion. (although knowing both Juneau & Ketchikan, I feel theres an awfully good chance they dock at both locations)

BTW-if the link goes to a pdf file you should have a control that looks like a mag glass that will allow you to enlarge the writing.

Just checked! It is a pdf and I also don't see if they specify a dock.

-Monte

I looked at the link mentioned, it looks like our ship (Coral) is the first in port (Ketchikan) that day so I'm hoping it might give us a shot at the excursion,which is Misty Fjords boat trip 4 1/2 hr. I will definitely take Allen Marine's advice on whether it is doable. The ship is in port from 6:-30 - 2:00pm. If the tour starts @7:00am and we dock (hopefully) I'm hoping it will work.

Thanks for the link.

I'm sorry, it looks like they don't have the place of berth figured out yet.

Normally you can see a code in the pdf schedules telling you where the ship will be docking. Right now there's only the code KTN in front of the ship, meaning Ketchikan. In a while here will be a code mentioned, for example '1a' meaning the ship will dock at Dock 1 south. You can find the explanation of the codes in the 'berth codes' PDF-file.

Even if everything goes perfectly, it's gonna be difficult to make an excursion that departs 30 minutes after the ship docks. If you tender, forget it!

I would contact the tour operator, let them know when you dock and which ship, and see what they say. Also, make sure that if the ship is late and you don't make a reservation, that you will get a full refund (or not be charged). Most operators do that, but it's nice to be certain.

-Monte

In Juneau you will be docked at the Franklin Dock, you will not be tendered. I am not sure of the plans for Ketchikan but the Coral normally will be docked there.

Capt. Larry

Thanks Juliostone and Capt. Larry. Capt. Larry I will be contacting your office anytime to book for Juneau. In Ketchikan, Allen Marine advised to call back Feb. 1 for the Misty Fjords as they should have more info by then. It's been a few years since I've been on a cruise and I forgot they have to clear the ship etc. so who knows maybe they will tell me no. If we don't do the fjords I guess we'll just walk around town.

Thanks Juliostone and Capt. Larry. Capt. Larry I will be contacting your office anytime to book for Juneau. In Ketchikan, Allen Marine advised to call back Feb. 1 for the Misty Fjords as they should have more info by then. It's been a few years since I've been on a cruise and I forgot they have to clear the ship etc. so who knows maybe they will tell me no. If we don't do the fjords I guess we'll just walk around town.

What about a Misty Fjords flightseeing excursion? Those take about 2 hours.

Archived