#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

Hello to Bill, and the rest of you lucky cruisers on board the Golden.

I haven't heard much news from our neighbors- Ralph and Linda Skorupa, who are crusing with you for these two weeks. This is their first cruise- and since I love it so much, I was anxious to hear about their experiences.

Ralph is big on using the internet, so I was surprised.

No surprise, Judy,

.. it's probably the 50 cents a Min in the IC. I wouldn't do it if I had to pay for it either, Several $1,000s extra per cruise, at least.:eek:

I wrote them twice in email, to tell of the 15" of snow we received on Dec 1, near Kenosha.

My Mom & I were both Born & Raised in Kenosha:) , Small World! I was even an amatuer Weather Observer in High School, for a Chicago TV Station, back in the 60's.

Very sparse message came back from them. Only one sentence- to turn their thermostat up a few degrees.

Yup, 50 Cents a Minutes alright!, that will do it every time!:D

But since I've read all your wonderful LIVE posts, I understand that the Internet Cafe is crowded. Linda has short blonde hair, and is probably reading a book somewhere on the ship. Ralph is taller, wears glasses and loves to walk, and talk technical jargon about the airplaines he's built. They are from Salem WIsconsin.

They won't be in here much, but tell then to say Hi to the Guy with the Gray Goatee who lives in there!:D

With this breif description- if you see them, tell them the neighbors are pea green with envy, and so glad to hear your weather is wonderful.

I will if I meet them, for sure, Please eMail them & tell them about me, it would be my Pleasure, for sure!

Happy rest-of-the-voyage, and thank you so much for all the LIVE postings. Judi

Thank you, I will, & thanks for coming along!:) Please eMail them, OK? Bill

Thanks, Jotworld for your information. I am looking forward to going. Almost packed.

Arkcruiser and gdoyle, have you checked out the thread on the Golden roll call for the 16th cruise? We have quite a few people on it. We are also having a CC meeting after muster.

GM,:) Cells phones are Now Live on the Golden as of this AM,:eek: :D Please respond to it generally on the New thread I just started on the Main Princess Board. Only Golden specific questions here Please?;) It a Beautiful morning at Sea the Sun has just Rose 15 minutes ago, watched from my Balcony, it was Gorgeous!:) It's warm 72F Later.................. Bill

We are on the Dec. 16 sailing out of NO. Is the ship decorated for Christmas yet? If so, what should we expect?

Not Yet,:( but it will be fully decorated in NO:) ,they may start in Ft Laud(I Hope) & get the Decorations aboard & start then and at night, I'm told different stories by diff pursers, etc. The CD Said NO, but later changed, so who knows, I'll find out ...........:D Bill

GM,:) Cells phones are Now Live on the Golden as of this AM,:eek: :D Please respond to it generally on the New thread I just started on the Main Princess Board. Only Golden specific questions here Please?;) It a Beautiful morning at Sea the Sun has just Rose 15 minutes ago, watched from my Balcony, it was Gorgeous!:) It's warm 72F Later.................. Bill

Bill, Wonderful weather you've been having over the Atlantic? Is it always this warm in December?

Bill, Wonderful weather you've been having over the Atlantic? Is it always this warm in December?

Don't know what the avg is but:confused: , It sure surprised me, (And I am Weather Nut:eek: ). I thought it would be in the 50s-60s till we got close to Florida, we are still 909 N Miles from the Fla Coast! Wow, should have packed more shorts & t Shirts:D Day 5 at Sea, Wow, Wow, Wow! I love Sea Days! Later.................. Bill

Don't know what the avg is but:confused: , It sure surprised me, (And I am Weather Nut:eek: ). I thought it would be in the 50s-60s till we got close to Florida, we are still 909 N Miles from the Fla Coast!

Well, this cruise of yours is convincing me that the ride over the Atlantic is not so bad (vs the North America crossing to Europe in the spring ).

Wow, should have packed more shorts & t Shirts:D

Hope Irene hasn't had to do too much laundry. She will be very happy when you get Elite for the the free laundry service.

Day 5 at Sea, Wow, Wow, Wow! I love Sea Days!

Me too!

Later.................. Bill

Mary

I am also on the Dec. 16 sailing and would appreciate receiving recommendations of dinner entrees that are particularly outstanding.

Hi Arkcruiser,

I would have to say anything that looks good to you on the Menu, Order!;) It will most likely be Super!:) I order everthing almost from time & they just keep outdoing themselves!:D The old Saying: "try it, You'll like it!" is true:eek: :) My Best! Bill

Bill looks like you are hogging all the good weather. The Sun bridge cam appears to be all wet from rain again. :eek:

Wonder where Tony was when he popped in at 2:59am?

On a trip with as many consecutive sea days (my favorite!) do they have any special activities or do they just let folks chill out?

Thanks, Jotworld for your information. I am looking forward to going. Almost packed.

Arkcruiser and gdoyle, have you checked out the thread on the Golden roll call for the 16th cruise? We have quite a few people on it. We are also having a CC meeting after muster.

Thank you for the info & thanks for coming along!:) We'll keep it in good shape for you, till NO!:D Bill

hi there;

are u able to tell me whom the head maitre'd is right now on the golden??

thanking u inadvance,

Envy4U, Beat me to it!;) Thanks Sis!:D You are Welcome!:) Bill

BTW he is building the Champagne Waterfall in the Atrium Lobby tonight at 11:45PM, Tonight is our 2nd & last Formal night!:D B

Morning Bill..........just checking in from the Sun. There is no way I can keep up with you nor do I intend to try. You and Tony take first place. Don't know which one of you spends more time in the IC.

Arlene

Morning Sis,:) Have you had you Coffee perking yet?:D We are a little overcast, with the Sun trying to peek out. But Nice & warm & of Course breezy going 22.5 KPH, plus the Reg Wind, about 27-28 altogether! Nice & warm though, I'm really surprised!;) Barb, tells me you look like Rain, it that right, what is your forecast? You're at Sea for 2 More Days, also?

I'm in the IC All Day, but I sleep much more that Tony! :D Later...

Bill

PS You're Doing a Great Job Keep it up, & please EAT Something, Soon!:eek:

Bill looks like you are hogging all the good weather. The Sun bridge cam appears to be all wet from rain again.

I hate to be a Hog,:eek: but if Good Weather needs to be Hogged, So be it!:D

Wonder where Tony was when he popped in at 2:59am?

I just asked Him,Where Are you Tony????

On a trip with as many consecutive sea days (my favorite!) do they have any special activities or do they just let folks chill out?

There are so many activities , I can count them all;) , and I'm an Accountant!:eek: (Something for everyone!:D ) My Best! Bill

Bill looks like you are hogging all the good weather. The Sun bridge cam appears to be all wet from rain again.

Yup, It's Wide Open Sunny:) , right now, we just broke threw a Front, and are out of the Clouds for good, the Rest of the day, I would believe!:D

We are 900-- N Miles from Ft Laun,:( 4200++ N Miles from Roma:( We Both left our Hearts in Roma! We can't wait to get back there Twice next Sep/Oct on the Emerald B2B TA to Ft Laud!:eek: Time for Lunch, My first food of the day, Irene is waiting! Later.................... Bill

BTW this IC is Hopping again today, one right after another, almost all 19 full every minute! All Working Perfectly, Hard to Believe, But True! B

Just gorgeous out there today, everyone should be up by the Pools!:D

(The IC is about 3/4 full, some people just don't know how to live !)

Very Sunny, just a Few Scattered small puffy Cumulus Clouds, Seas look about 2-5' with slight whiteCaps, Beautiful. The Sun is just sparkling off the Seas. The Ride is smooth with a slight Rock, Very slight. (We must be cutting through the Waves in the right direction! )

BTW, haven't seen anyone talking on a Cell Phone yet Today, the first day!;)

Signed up for one more Quickie in the Caribe this AM, can't go from Dec 16th to Apr 24th "Cold Turkey"(Not with Tony, et al rubbing it in:eek: ), I'd never make it!:eek: Very quiet & peaceful on the Ship this PM, our last Formal Day. About 400 PAXs getting off in Ft Laud, Thursday AM, Good!;) My Best! Later....................... Bill

Dear Bill,

Thanks a million for giving me the opportunity to "extend" my vacation through your "live from" posts. DH and I were on the last sailing and had a blast.

Hey Greybear, were you on the Golden in Egypt? If you were could you let me know if you took the overnight in Egypt and what your impressions were? There are a bunch of us going next November on the Star to Egypt and we were wondering about the overnight. We heard from Tony on the Princess excursion and Vicki on the independent excursion but I'd really appreciate hearing of any more experiences. :D

Hey Greybear, were you on the Golden in Egypt? If you were could you let me know if you took the overnight in Egypt and what your impressions were? There are a bunch of us going next November on the Star to Egypt and we were wondering about the overnight. We heard from Tony on the Princess excursion and Vicki on the independent excursion but I'd really appreciate hearing of any more experiences. :D

It a Beautiful PM in the IC Lounge(Almost Full), looking out the Big Window to my Right.:) My Fav spot!;) The Seas, The Sun & the Clouds all Beautiful!:D My Best!

Bill

Archived