SEA Pass- Dial-up Problem

Today I tried to access my seapass and print my boarding

information. After over two hours of frustration, I called RCCL and was told by Amanda ( a supervisor) that they no longer support any dial-up service. I think that they should have told be before I invested two hours of my time. I also am concerned when I check in that the person behind me in line will view me as someone who is holding up the line. I want to do the right thing. RCCL will not check me in via phone or email. What's a person to do? I hope you are not behind me in line. I was told that things would move swiftly - so now I ask, why are you doing the on-line check in, if it doesn't make any difference? The seapass prior check in has been such a poritive thing. Why are we getting rid of it? If you have a problem and want to voice your concern, please post a note so that RCCl will hear our complaints.

I'd not worry about it so much. There are a number agents checking in at the counter and no one will notice if you're taking longer than anyone else. Even if they do, they will probably be finished and on their way before you are done.

I was wondering, too, if you meant dial up internet or an old fashioned dial up phone? If it is the internet, can you go to your local library, or have a computer at work that you can use to input your information?

Call and request that your docs be MAILED to you--in there will be a set sail pass form that can be filled out by hand. That way, when you arrive to board, it won't take any more time checking in than if you had done it online! Just don't wait until you are at the counter to fill it out! Do it before you leave home and you'll be fine.

information. After over two hours of frustration, I called RCCL and was told by Amanda ( a supervisor) that they no longer support any dial-up service. I think that they should have told be before I invested two hours of my time. I also am concerned when I check in that the person behind me in line will view me as someone who is holding up the line. I want to do the right thing. RCCL will not check me in via phone or email. What's a person to do? I hope you are not behind me in line. I was told that things would move swiftly - so now I ask, why are you doing the on-line check in, if it doesn't make any difference? The seapass prior check in has been such a poritive thing. Why are we getting rid of it? If you have a problem and want to voice your concern, please post a note so that RCCl will hear our complaints.

Don't you mean you can't access your SetSail Pass? You'll get your SeaPass when you check in. Don't fret, when your get your docs, just fill out the forms and hand them in................we had to hand in the pages in our docs along with the SetSail Pass on our last cruise. Didn't hold up the line at all. Relax and have a great cruise.

Do you have a high-speed connection at work? ;) Print it out there!

Or, how about your local library?

:)

Don't worry about it. Our last cruise I printed out the set sail pass and forgot it at home. I just filled out the form in the book and it didn't take me any longer to check in, in fact we were done before our traveling partners who had their set sail pass.

I find it hard to believe that a company like Royal Caribbean would discriminate against those of us with dial up. I don't understand why they would. If this is in fact the case it must be very new because I had printed out my SetSail Pass shortly before my November cruise.

I guess I'll find out when I get ready to do my paperwork for the Serenade. Plus, I think if your information is in the system it doesn't matter if you have a hard copy with you.

Hi :)

I just wanted to come back and let you know just like last year I was able to print my set sail pass today with dial-up :D. Give it another try maybe it will work dial-up can be very slow at times. Good luck ;)

Cali :)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our first AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

I don't think ANYTHING is compatible with that excursion ordering system. I had so much trouble with it before my November cruise that I finally gave up and booked private tours. When we got on board we then booked two more excursions and found that a lot of them were being cancelled because not enough people had signed up. Well, if they would make their excursion site more user-friendly I'm sure a lot of people would have pre-booked some excursions (including me).

I have AOL dial up. It took about 3 hours to print my passes yesterday, but I did it. I wasn't able to book my excursions on my computer though. I had to use another. I was told that AOL is not compatible with the excursion ordering system.

I also have AOL dial-up and when I printed my sea pass yesterday it took about 30 min. :o I was happy just to have it in my hand :) . AOL does work with RC as far as booking excursions online I did it this year and last year. I think RC may be to blame if they have to many people on the server at one time that could be it. I know I have had that happen sometimes when I try to get onto CC.

Have a good weekend everyone !!!!!

Cali :)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

I used dial-up last Saturday to enter the information for on-line check in, and it did take a couple of hours. i waited until I got to work Monday to print out the SetSail pass. I also used high-speed internet to book excursions on-line and it went relatively smothly (crashed one time, but the excursions were still in my shopping cart...)

I'm off to Florida in 4 weeks!

Archived