Laundry Questions

bobpatj

We are first time Princess cruisers, sailing the Sea Princess, January 20th. Does Princess offer "unlimited" pricing, on laundry service, or laundry "by the bag", like we've used on HAL? I understand there are passenger laundry rooms available, but hey, I'm on vacation!:D

I have always just used the self serve laundry. I have never seen any specials on laundry by the bag on the CB. I never found it to be a problem for the self serve especially since they post the time it takes to wash and dry and I go back to the room and relax some between cycles. I have it down to wash and dry and fold in 90 minutes for 2 loads.

OK... the self-serve laundry on the Sea Princess is free, i.e., the washers and dryers are free. There are a couple of small laundy rooms with two washers and dryers each on the ship and they're usually in high demand. I've found that doing my laundry after 4PM has always gone smoothly.

Your other option is using the Princess send-out laundry which isn't free (except for Elite and full Suite passengers) although it is reasonable. They do offer a "all you can stuff into a bag" special for $15 at least once during a cruise. Check the Patter for when they're offering the bag special. I've made good use of it -- it's amazing what I can squeeze into a bag.

We are first time Princess cruisers, sailing the Sea Princess, January 20th. Does Princess offer "unlimited" pricing, on laundry service, or laundry "by the bag", like we've used on HAL? I understand there are passenger laundry rooms available, but hey, I'm on vacation!:D

I'm on vacation too and that's the one thing DH gets to do!!! I think I may teach DD to do laundry before our next cruise as it's probably about time she learns!!!!:D :D

Something new? Never heard of or had free self-service laundry on a Princess ship. Sea Princess only?
No, definitely not new. I know the Regal Princess is free as well. I would guess that the Dawn and Sun Princess are free too. The Coral/Island are not. Don't believe the Grand-class are free either.

They do offer a "all you can stuff into a bag" special for $15 at least once during a cruise. Check the Patter for when they're offering the bag special. I've made good use of it -- it's amazing what I can squeeze into a bag.

I just relooked at our Patters from the April and October trip on the Caribbean Princess and there is nothing about a bag special for laundry. So this may vary from ship to ship or perhaps length of itinerary. I'm just glad they have the self-serve laundries. On the CB they are a dollar to wash and a dollar to dry.

Just off the Sea Princess Quebec to Fort Lauderdale 14 day trip on November 11. We used the all you can put in the bag offer and it costs us $17.95. Yes, the Self-serve Washers and Dryers were free.

I just relooked at our Patters from the April and October trip on the Caribbean Princess and there is nothing about a bag special for laundry. So this may vary from ship to ship or perhaps length of itinerary.
You're probably right. If I'm on a 7-day cruise, there's no point in doing laundry or sending stuff out. Most of my cruises are 14+ days.

The Dawn was free the first time I sailed her, but was not the last time.

My experience has been that the "all you can wash" specials have only occurred on 10+ day cruises. I'm usually combining my cruise with a week long land vacation so I don't mind throwing in a load of underwear, night shirts, tee shirts etc during a sea day. But I do like to take advantage of the all you can stuff in a bag special. Here's a tip: if you roll your clothing rather than ball it up, you can get far more in a bag.

Here, Pat, is the list (courtesy of Lynda) for laundry services: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=280295&highlight=laundry+price+list

Just checked with DH, washer and dryer on the Diamond were $1 each but we ran the twice to get it dry properly.

I did read on another thread that there is a charge for the SUN self service, DH will be using those on our 30 day cruise as we will need to wash and with 4 of us probably too much to send out!

Many thanks for all of your helpful replies. I've downloaded the laundry price list. We'll hope for a "by the bag" offer, and our cabin isn't far away from the laundry room. My DH doing the laundry? Hmmmm.:rolleyes:

On the Sun a year ago (sigh!) there were two $15 specials. You had to look closely to find it. So we missed it the first time but made it the second time. By using their pricing we fit $75 worth of laundery in the bag. The paper was screaming, if you touched it wrong it would break apart. The cabin stweard thought it was funny. Beware if you have anything that might shrink don't use the service. We also used the self service laundry and it was $1 for wash and $1 for dry and worked okay. Also if you need soap it to was $1. Remember if the machines are full on your deck try another one. The Sun had log books in each room so they know who was using the machines and whos cloths were in the machines. Everything seemed civil, did not see any closthes dumped out, but most very good about moving there cloths

Have Fun

Didn't see a all-you-can-stuff-into-a-bag special on our 15-day cruise last December...and I was checking the Patters carefully. We did laundry a couple of times. My daughter's skin is sensitive so I rather just use our allergen-free detergent (someone let my hubby use some of their Tide for one load and my daughter did get a rash) than send her clothing out for washing.

Archived