sale on luggage - when?

knothead

Unless you are looking at the most expensive brands. Usually, your best bet is to find a "closeout" of a name brand item. I did not buy my luggage set all at once, I purchased them separately, one piece at a luggage store closing, the second piece at Nordstrom Rack. I got lucky that they were the same line but I didn't plan it that way. I also got both pieces for less than half of their normal "sale" price.

Narrow down your choices and check several sources. I have found that the discount online stores are actually more expensive than if you buy at a store, especially after adding shipping charges. If you have a clearance outlet near you, that can be a good way to buy. Educate yourself first as to what you want in a bag, there can be a big difference even though they look the same on the outside. My biggest priority is that the wheels move smoothly when turning, cheap bags normally don't pay much attention to this detail.

I've found some wonderful deals on ebags.com also. They usually have some kind of sale every quarter or so. If I remember right, they had a big one right before school started last year for all the kids going off to college, so you might want to keep an eye on it for "back to school" deals.

TravelPro Platinum 3 Expandable Horizontal Rolling Garment Bag #5250

$620 at Macys.com

$270 at Luggageonline and EBags

$258 at Luggagebase.com

I bought this new in the box last night on EBay for $199.99 :D

I have found a 43" wheeled garment bag. Brand is Travelers Choice. $39.99

It is expandable,1600-denier polytex covering,with outside pockets and extended handle. I found it thru a place called shoppers advantage. Right now it comes with free shipping!

What are your thoughts? is 43" ok?

I thought it might not be the highest quality but the way my brand new luggage looked after one trip thru the cruise terminal, I thought why spend BIG $$ for luggage that will get abused!

Was at Big Lots today in California and they have those big pullmans with wheels that expand an additioanl 4 inches for $29.99. You can get luggage there all year long. Ross also carries luggage all year long for some great prices.

Jayne

Archived