WHere is the best place for your cabin to be on ship?

wendell62

I agree. I would try to go mid ship and either on a deck that is in the middle or on one of the lower decks. We also look for a cabin that is in good proximity of the starway/elevators but not too close where noise could be a factor. Ideally, maybe 4 doors down. Also, we look at the deck right above us. We wouldn't want to be below a lounge with dancing or something like that.

This is one of the reasons that we like to book relatively early so that we can get a good choice of rooms.

Keith

If you go to the website for the cruiseline you are going on, you will see deck plans. We looked at ours and wondered why there was nothing shown below us. Someone suggested it was the kitchen and darn if they weren't wrong. We did hear people pulling pots and pans out at 5am. Of course I never thoguht about a kitchen fire, yikes! 8-O But we didn't have any problems. If you are worried about seasickness, then do a midship, mid level room. IF not, then do you feel you need a window? I've never been on an inside room, but seeing them when the staff was cleaning made them look really shut in. I like a window. So I follow the advice of everyone on this message response--get a room that has what you like.

--Jo

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I booked the back - stern I guess - with a balcony on deck 10 is this a bad decision? Itinerary is AK Inside Passage, thought we could see coming and going.

The aft (most folks on the boards call the stern of the ship aft) balcony cabins are great, have a following and usually book quickly but they do have some draw backs. Shoot often drifts down on the deck chairs and you if you are sitting ourside when it occurs. Noise from the open decks or clubs above and folks dropping things onto your balcony from above. As to movement, the back of the ship has little. My Dad (a Naval Officer taught me this) Hold a page of paper up length wise. Move it as a wave might hit and lift the front. Note lower decks move only a bit while upper ones move a lot. Front lifts a lot and back little.

Archived