Kudos to the crew on SERENADE

mcsea

Wanted to extend Kudos to the crew on Serenade of the seas

for the extraordinary effort put forth last week to irradicate the Norovirus.

My Husband and I are both medical professionals with each over 20 years

experience in hospitals. We were impressed with the effort and detail

taken by the staff and crew to keep the ship healthy. Sanitization procedures were noted constantly throughout the ship..... elevators,

railings, countertops, tables , etc. frequently wiped down. Waiters worked

14 hour days , instead of having time off ,they served us food in the windjammer.

No one became ill. Bravo!! Serenade crew

Tis the season of colds, flu...... and norovirus . Remember what you can

do to stay healthy. Wash your hands frequently. Carry pocket hand sanitizer. Happy Healthy Sailing!

I was on Serenade in Alaska and the service was top notch. The crew really seemed to "gel." I wrote a detailed letter to RCCL corporate as that type of recogition is forwarded to the captain and the staffers I mentioned were commended. The concierge on Serenade, Maritza, is one of RCCL's best employees -- she has won awards for best employee of the year.

We are going on Serenade in Feb '07, we were on a "sick" ship(Explorer) last yr - and it is miserable..... soooooo happy to hear about this! and it just makes everyone comfortable!

Thank you - it is so great to hear a fabulous - refreshing - honest and CLEAN review! You go! :p :D :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the great post regarding the Serenade and its crew. We are sailing on the Serenade in June - and I'm looking even more forward to the trip after reading all these wonderful, positive comments regarding the crew. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Wanted to extend Kudos to the crew on Serenade of the seas

for the extraordinary effort put forth last week to irradicate the Norovirus.

My Husband and I are both medical professionals with each over 20 years

experience in hospitals. We were impressed with the effort and detail

taken by the staff and crew to keep the ship healthy. Sanitization procedures were noted constantly throughout the ship..... elevators,

railings, countertops, tables , etc. frequently wiped down. Waiters worked

14 hour days , instead of having time off ,they served us food in the windjammer.

No one became ill. Bravo!! Serenade crew

Tis the season of colds, flu...... and norovirus . Remember what you can

do to stay healthy. Wash your hands frequently. Carry pocket hand sanitizer. Happy Healthy Sailing!

I absolutely agree! They are working very hard to keep the ship clean and the pax healthy. What amazed both Mr. Ski and me was to hear so many pax complain about having to sanitize their hands.

We would constantly hear someone say "I just did that". Ok...so you used the sanitizing machine when you came onboard after going through security and you are now at the entrance to WJ. Let's see....did you not touch an elevator button or the handrail inside the elevator or maybe touch the handrail of a staircase or even maybe accidentally touch another person along the way????

Not only did we sanitize each and every time we passed a sanitizing machine....we each carried a small bottle of sanitizer in our pockets! Maybe we were "overzealous" but we enjoyed two fantastic weeks and neither one got ill. If we were in WJ we would sanitize as we went in the door and then when we got to the table we would sanitize again after touching all the tongs, etc. Then if I touched the salt/pepper shaker or the sweetner packages, etc. I'd sanitize again. Maybe too much in other people's book....but didn't want to chance being sick on our vacation.

One day last week I even saw a teenage girl reach in to the cookie plate and pick up a cookie with her hand. (And it was a plate full of cookies so I know she touched other ones.) She just laughed when I suggested that it would be better if she didn't do that.

But....I digressed...yes, the SR crew is doing an outstanding job at keeping the ship clean and the pax healthy and doing it all with smiles. They are a fantastic crew in each and every way!!!!

Archived