Does anyone know where the cheaper Motels are in Miami?

pebbles1362

We are cruising on the Victory 1/7/07 and are flying into Miami a day early, Does anyone have any suggestions on a cheap but nice/clean motels that has shuttle from the airport ? What about getting to the Port any cheap transportation to share? We have 3 children so a pool might be nice also. HELP:eek: !

We have stayed at the Port of Miami Holiday Inn twice before pre cruise and we have reservations to stay there again in February. we have never had a problem and the location is great! It wasn't the best hotel I've ever stayed in but it wasn't dirty and gross. It was clean.

Did a priceline in Nov. for Miami Beach,ended up in Sunny Isles (North Miami Beach), $80 for directly on the beach (Newport Resort). With what we saved we could easily afford the $60 ride to the pier. Easy bus service to So. Beach (kinda long ride,though, 30-40 min.), $1.50 each. Had a great time.

Guess I know where we won't be staying ~ YUK!

Don't base your decision on what one person says. Check the reviews of the hotel. Here is a link to a good site for reviewing hotels ...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/

This site may also provide you will information on prospective hotels ...

http://www.mytravelguide.com/?referral_id=PCLN&referral_click_id=HOTELSURVEY

There are plenty of good, and bad reviews of the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We stayed there before our last cruise, and I'll have to say it will be my LAST resort for future hotel stays pre or post cruise. Some love it, others don't. It is very overpriced for what it is. Probably won't go down anytime soon because the place stays booked 6 months out.

We are staying at the Mariott Springhill Suites. Free shuttle from airport, breakfast included and 10.00 per person shuttle to Pier. We get a military discount so I am not sure of the rack rate. Mariott has senior rates and AAA rates. Just a little FYI

Jeanine

It is an unfortunate fact of life that there are few, if any, decent but inexpensive hotels/motels in Miami. It is such a touristy area that the "market" price is going to be much higher than many other locations. Many of the local franchises of the chain motels that you would normally trust to be at least clean and safe are not likely to be so. As a previous poster suggested, check out any place you are considering on the Trip Advisor web site.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Archived