Best Cuban Sandwich in Miami???

ms_guy99

Hi ALL!!

DH loves cuban sandwiches!!! Since we are going to be in miami with a rental car and need to know where to get the BEST CUBAN SANDWICH in MIAMI!!! The best GENUINE CUBAN!!!! :D

THANKS!!!

All responses will be appreciated...no lie if you give me four or five the man will probably try to tast at least three in one day!!!

I was in Miami recently and spent a few days also in the search for the best Cuban Sandwich. After a few dissapointments I pled my case to the fine folks at the Padron Cigar headquarters and was directed to the Latin American Restaurant on SW 57th St. about 50 yards south of SW 8th Ave. They could not have been more right - the Cuban sandwiches were absolutely delicious (yes I must confess I ran down there from the Doral more than a couple times!)

Here is a link via Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=miami&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=25.763267,-80.288054&spn=0.004793,0.009613&om=1

The parking lot is always full, I just parked at the Wachovia Bank next door and never had a problem.

Little Havana in Miami is where you want to head to as esqted referred to above. Versailles is the epicenter of Cuban restaurants at 3555 SW 8th Street. Google search "Calle Ocho" and you'll find many a genuine Cuban restaurant. Avoid the "touristy" wannabe Cuban restaurants in South Beach or Bayside Marketplace, you'll do yourself a great disservice. ;)

http://miami.about.com/cs/maps/a/calle_ocho.htm

Hi ALL!!

DH loves cuban sandwiches!!! Since we are going to be in miami with a rental car and need to know where to get the BEST CUBAN SANDWICH in MIAMI!!! The best GENUINE CUBAN!!!! :D

THANKS!!!

All responses will be appreciated...no lie if you give me four or five the man will probably try to tast at least three in one day!!!

I'd have to say Versailles....my Cuban fiance agrees with me on this one...well.

Its right on the edge of Coral Gables. The address is 3501 SW 8th Street. 8th Street is a very simple street to navigate and you can get it from just about anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived