Why, why, why, why...why??

Danno

Obviously I'm a little older than some of you, but I understand your feelings. I don't let things bother me while on vacation either but I do appreciate the Celebrity cruise experience and would like to see it remain a more traditional cruiseline. A person here or there who is inconsiderate is one thing and easy to ignore. I'm sure what Danno and others are concerned about is how easily it becomes something altogether different. It's easy to sit back and say you don't care what others do until it reaches a level that even you can't tolerate. I'm sure most of us appreciate the things Celebrity offers or we wouldn't be sailing with them. I'm just enjoying the exerience while it still exists because with the "I don't care" attitude becoming ever more prevalent it won't be too many years before we'll have to watch out for skateboarders in G- strings in the dining room.:)

Well stated Ma!

Those G-strung skateboarders will probably be yaking away on their walkie talkies on their way through! :eek:

Stretch

I think it may be too late.:eek: Joan that line is classic. :cool: Serious for a moment, I too enjoy the traditional cruise experience that Celebrity puts out. That's the reason I have booked two more cruises on Celebrity and cruising is not even my favorite way to vacation ( no flames please). Sometimes I think we may read too much into all the so called rudeness, cell phone / walkie talkie use, and lack of following dress codes. For those of you that have cruised Celebrity, have you really seen a lot of this?? I haven't. G-string skateobarders in the dining room........well if it will get my wine to me faster it might not be all that bad. Just one person's opinion.;)

My husband would pay extra for g-string skateboarders in the dining room....no one will tell him about this, OK?? :D

Hey now you and I have not cruised together yet....:p

Bill

I really haven't seen too many problems...but then I'm not looking for trouble either. Every once in a while there's a real jerk, but that happens everywhere.

Joan,

It could be fun. BTW, I have discovered Lori (this board really has some great gems of information on it at times). Used her for the TA next Sept 2005, got a great cabin at I think an unbeatable price.

That's true Bill, we'll just all have to give that a try. Sounds like fun!

I agree that this world has become casual, and not just about how we dress.

The world has become casual about their relationships, morals, work ethics, how they raise children, their homelife, their attitude, their manners, respect, laws, education, love and life in general. I could go on.....almost seems we're striving to be less.

So who is right?

Danno, I must say I see your point of view.

Danno has made it quite clear that he condones insurance fraud showing that someone can believe in the importance of formal dress and Celebrity rules at the same time that they are lax about honesty or compliance to laws.

I know and work with many people who rarely wear anything more formal than slacks and polos who are fine upstanding, honest and faithful. There have been plenty of people over the decades who wear more formal clothing and are willing to break the law, be dishonest or be unfaithful to their spouse. I'm not saying those behaviors are any likely among those wearing suits than those of us who wear shorts/slacks, polos and Tevas/sneakers/Rockports most of the time. I just don't see any correlation.

What in the h**** are you talking about??? Dishonestly and condoning insurance fraud???? As related to dress codes, deportment and ambiance.

Maybe your less than formal friends will find a cruise line other than Celebrity to cruise and you will leave all of us in our Tuxedos and evening gowns alone.

PLEASE!!!!! Go somewhere else in you Teva's and Rockports!!!!!

Greatam..............there was a thread a few days ago, the OP was asking about cancelling a cruise and skirting the insurance requierments, Danno had some personnel thoughts about insurance companies.

I am really tired of the idea that "clothes don't make the person, the person makes the clothes" OR just because you put a tux on a pig, you still have a pig" OR "I would rather sit with someone in a polo shirt that has good manners, then sit with a man in a tux who talks with his mouth full" OR any of those analogies when referring to the dress suggestions. While it may be true it does not alter the fact that what one wears on formal night is either formal wear and following suggested dress OR NOT formal wear.

I too vote for the g-string skateboarders in the dining room.

Danno has made it quite clear that he condones insurance fraud showing that someone can believe in the importance of formal dress and Celebrity rules at the same time that they are lax about honesty or compliance to laws.

Give New Cruiser some credit he/she is correct I did say that I would do to insurance companies what they do to their clients...cheat and steal. I also said I have never had opportunity to do so and I am well aware that when an insurance company cheats a client it's good business, when a client cheats an insurance company it's a felony.

If you are going to bring up something I said please bring it all forward. Selective editing to put someone in a bad light is best left to the media and politicians.

Duck, Mrs Duck & their duckling will enjoy this. Yesterday as I was headed to a WalMart to return an item I saw 30 geeslings with 6 moms trying to cross a freeway entrance/exit area to get to the creek below it. SO I put my car sideways with my lights flashing, get out my POLICE vest & STOP sign for school crossings I do a few times a year. Got all the traffic to stop and I told the moms to hike it fast as they & the kids ran across & down the hill into the water. I got a round of applause & even was a news story that freaked me right out that a news crew was sitting there & got their camera out.

Archived