Do they change the shower curtain?

keeponrolling

This is something I took note of on our Elation cruise last month. The curtain was spotless. They very well could change them every cruise as it looked easy enough to do, it looked so clean and they are very light. Not like the heavy duty curtains that cost a bit more. FWIW, I never had the shower curtain brush against me and I fit my 2 toddler girls in there with me LOL. Though, the shower stall was much bigger than I had remembered it being...maybe it was and we lucked out on that?

OMG! are the shower curtains unsanitary now also?

should i bring my can of Lysol or just stay home in my germ free house.

Please people I am joking;)

You mean you don't already bring a can?

Seriously everything has been spotlessly clean for us on both of our cruises, but I'm somewhat overboard about diseases so we do bring our own to spray the walls and anything else that may be touched or sneezed on.

The crew on the Imagination were constantly cleaning and polishing. The shower curtain and toilet (in cabin) were spotless every day. Even when I came in to change clothes halfway through the day the bathroom was refreshed! I don't like shower curtains, even my own touching me! I have a heavy duty commercial liner that I bought from Walmart for around $25.00 or so. It cleans up very well and mildew hasn't been a problem. I do clean it with general cleaners and bleach, even though it's gauranteed from collecting mildew!

Gee guys, what about the carpet? Ever walk barefoot anywhere? In everyone's life there are germs everywhere. You can't spend your energy worrying about everything you come into contact with. The ships are cleaned very well and people rarely get sick (regardless of what the media tries to scare us with). More than likely if you catch something it will be from something you have absolutely no control over. The funny thing is, most of the germaphobes I know get sicker more often than I do. Everyone needs a little germ exposure in their life to boost their immune system. The only real exceptions to this are people with immune suppression issues.

I have to agree with everyone else...we've always found the shower curtains on Carnival to be spotlessly clean.

(Unfortunately, the same was not true in our JS on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas last month. That shower curtain, although it looked clean, smelled of mildew. In fact, the whole bathroom smelled like that stinky shower curtain until the steward--FINALLY--changed it!)

I was relating the toilet seat idea to DW and she mentioned that they changed our shower curtain during our cruise on the Insiration. She said when we first got on it was dragging on the floor, then it had about 1/2 in gap, then it went back to dragging the floor.

And about germaphobes, don't forget allergies. There's a reason we each have a full size box of Kleenex in our vehicles ;)

As long as you don't use it while in line, I'm ok with it:eek:

<sarcasm>You mean that you don't use them in line?? I put two suit cases on each side. Place the ring between them and let it fly.. It also helps get one thru the lines quickly.. when Cust Service sees you positioning the suite cases, and the toilet ring.. you go straight to the front of line.. LOL </sarcasm>

Isn't a toilet seat consider a leathal weapon?? I agree what it handles could be considered cruel and unusual punishment:D

<sarcasm>You mean that you don't use them in line?? I put two suit cases on each side. Place the ring between them and let it fly.. It also helps get one thru the lines quickly.. when Cust Service sees you positioning the suite cases, and the toilet ring.. you go straight to the front of line.. LOL </sarcasm>

Isn't a toilet seat consider a leathal weapon?? I agree what it handles could be considered cruel and unusual punishment:D

FTLOG...now I have scene from Jackarse the movie stuck in my head.

Gee guys, what about the carpet? Ever walk barefoot anywhere? In everyone's life there are germs everywhere. You can't spend your energy worrying about everything you come into contact with. The ships are cleaned very well and people rarely get sick (regardless of what the media tries to scare us with). More than likely if you catch something it will be from something you have absolutely no control over. The funny thing is, most of the germaphobes I know get sicker more often than I do. Everyone needs a little germ exposure in their life to boost their immune system. The only real exceptions to this are people with immune suppression issues.

I just got back from the Destiny yesterday...as far as the shwoer curtain - my cabinmate got sick and threw up everywhere in the bathroom (and she wasn't the only person sick, I heard of several people being sick) and while the room servant was quick when I asked her to clean it up - she didn't change the curtain until i told her too...i also noticed that when i spileed soemthing on the bed she didnt change the sheets - i had to ask her to do that as well

I just got back from the Destiny yesterday...as far as the shwoer curtain - my cabinmate got sick and threw up everywhere in the bathroom (and she wasn't the only person sick, I heard of several people being sick) and while the room servant was quick when I asked her to clean it up - she didn't change the curtain until i told her too...i also noticed that when i spileed soemthing on the bed she didnt change the sheets - i had to ask her to do that as well

Room servant?

Archived