Sabatini's on the Coral --- Questions

bjboothman

I've done a half dozen or so Princess Cruises and never taken advantage of the alternate dining venues. This time, I am definitely going to try Sabatini's. Any advice on which night would be best (I'll be sailing over Christmas so I'm thinking that the regular dining rooms might be particularly festive on xmas day and xmas eve). Any not-to-be missed dishes at Sabatini's --- I don't think I'll have room for all 18 courses! When can I make a reservation --- by phone, or do I need to go to the restaurant to book a time?

We've eaten at Sabatini's twice on the Coral and each time it was on a Formal night. We prefer the alternate restaurants on formal nights because they are special nights and the restaurants are pretty special, in my opinion. You can call and make reservation right from your room. No need to go directly to the restaurant. My favorite dish is the gnocchi, great little potato dumplings with a creamy white sauce. The pizza's are pretty good and all the pasta's. If you're a pasta fan, make sure you have room. For my main course, I ordered the lobster. It was two tails each split in half with garlicy butter sauce on them. Pretty good, but not as good as what I had in Sterlings. We skipped the caviar, not fans of it. And of course all the desserts are great! This time I was not so full that I was uncomfortable. I tried the things that looked good and reminded myself I didn't have to eat everything on my plate.

Enjoy the cruise and your evening at Sabatini's!

Mary

Thanks for the info. I am a huge gnocchi fan, having a 100% Italian father who made them for us from scratch. Also love pastas of all kinds. I don't eat calamari, octopus, caviar, and a number of other seafoods. I met a woman on my last cruise who loved Sabatini's and hates seafood and she assured me I would find plenty of things I liked outside of seafood. Looking forward to trying it.

Just a tip, when we were on the grand reservations were readily available, just for later. On the last sea day we decided to try sabatini's. I called that DINE line at about 11:30 am and there were spaces starting at 8pm.

the food is very, very, very good. No, you won't be able to eat everything, but I would suggest trying a bite of almost everything, even if you don't know what it is! I didn't care for the caviar, either...but I'd never had caviar before. now I know.

Archived