Waitlist on Oceania

player 91362

I tried to book a reservation on one cruise in May and three in June in Europe, having heard such wonderful things about all three ships. My travel agent tells us that PH1 to 3 and VS are all waitlisted for all 4 cruises. He told us that if we made a deposit for each date we might have a better chance of getting on. We did this and he assured us that it is fully refundable if no cabin opens up. Has anyone had any similar experiences or any other suggestions re the waitlist? Thanks Player91362 (Cynthia)

We were waitlisted on the Regatta for it's trans-Atlantic cruise leaving Miami on March 23. We just cleared the waitlist last week and are excited to be holding a reservation now. Waitlists generally tend to clear as the date approaches when the deposit is not refundable. People who have held a cabin "just-in-case" with a deposit have to make a decision at that point whether they really want to go or bail out. A lot of them decide to opt out for various reasons (like schedule conflicts) at that point.

Of course, you won't have that problem because they can't keep a deposit for a cruise they they can't deliver to you.

Cynthia - There is a priority wait list and there is also a guaranteed wait list. With the former, one pays their deposit and hopes for the best. With the latter, one pays their deposit and is guaranteed a cabin. Also, the latter takes priority over the former. I have been in such a situation where I had a guaranteed PH3 or better. Your TA has to pull a few strings with the cruise line. It can be done.

Thanks all of you for the good information. I can see that people might cancel bifore they make their final payment. We have never had this problem before. Mostly we have been on Crystal but this cruise line sounded great to us. Our TA has not done a lot of business with Oceania but I will ask him about the guaranteed one. I feel a little bit more hopeful now. Player 91362 (Cynthia)

Ok now I'm feeling a little sickish inside after reading these posts re the wait list. I booked Insignia for Oct 2007 in the beginning of Nov.,and had no, repeat no, idea that we might not be going!!! Don't they at some point shut down the list of people that want to take the ship? Is it possible to pay the rest of the $ now in the hopes of going on the trip? Oh lordy I was so excited but now feel near tears.

Well I phoned after what was written above and we HAVE A CABIN ASSIGNED!!! Ok happy camper here!

Now you can relax!! ;)

If you have not already done so go the the website & fill in your guest registration information...you will need your booking number (from your TA)

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=f0c97e34-9636-47eb-8d9b-acd1bdc66bb3&Secure=True

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thread

I am travel agent, and have used the $1000 deposit frequently, and have ALWAYS gotten the owners suite or the next one down. You or your travel agent should call them 2 or 3 times a week, especially before the final payment date when most of the space turns over, again on final payment and the day after. After that, booked guests are in penalties so only broken legs will help with cancel, but stay in touch with cruise line.

I expect your TA doesn't have time to make that many calls, stay on top of it yourself. My experience is mixed. One cleared shortly, others day of final payment.

Enjoy

While I am not a travel agent I can tell you that we were put on a waitlist for the Reunion Cruise "Pathway of the Nordic Explorers" in November of last year . We put down the $1000 deposit and like you we were concerned it would not clear, but it did at the bewitching final payment hour. My TA kept us informed the last couple of weeks almost on a daily basis and assured us that the final payment date almost always opens up a spot. Plus the cruise with stops in Iceland, Northern Ireland and Ireland was more than worth the anxiety

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me at what point the finial payment is due? The cruises we are interested in are 3 in June and one in May. Would it me something like 90 days before sailing? If I know the date I can make sure that either I or the travel agant calls. Thanks. player91362 (Cynthia)

I'm new to all this! I have a booking number for a cruise on May 22, how do I find out if i have a cabin assigned? Is there somewhere on the Oceania website?

You could try logging in

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=f0c97e34-9636-47eb-8d9b-acd1bdc66bb3&Secure=True

The place I found it was in Oceania club under profile but we had cruised before with O so not sure if you need to have a previous cruise to get in the Oceania club.

Get your TA to call O and ask if you have an assignment yet.

Archived