***live From The Sun Princess*** (12/10/06)

arlenemilt

Arlene, can you comment on the food quality vs. other Princess ships you've been on recently? B2B on the Sun were our first Princess cruises 4 years ago, and we were NOT impressed with the food, but on every ship since it's gotten better (the Grand excepted), so I'm hopeful. Also, have they installed personal TVs on the treadmills, or should I be sure to pack my MP3 player?

Food? hahahahahha, you picked the wrong person to ask about food. I dislike mostly everything. Had a great meal last night; crab legs. Two portions. Couldn't even eat my broccoli. Tonight will be another favorite; lobster tails. I intend to have four! :D Just finished lunch (had 3 ribs and broccoli) and watched Milt and some friends have eclairs. You couldn't pay me enough to eat that. :) In case anyone is interested, there is swiss cheese on the buffet every morning, or they get it for you if you ask. This is an important part of my life and on certain ships they make a big deal about swiss cheese.

No personal TV's at treadmills. In fact, there are two TV's, one on each end, and they can't be changed. They show soundless ESPN 24/7. I just look at the water and/or talk to my neighbor. Most of the time Milt is my neighbor. ;)

Now that you guys have Tony back, I don't have to wrack my brain trying to be interesting.

Arlene

Food? hahahahahha, you picked the wrong person to ask about food. I dislike mostly everything

Arlene

Not to worry I can and will eat what you won't . On our last cruise I had Joe , Jeff and Archie order different desserts . They did not want any and the desserts were all for me . I could of ordered all of them but I did not want to look like a pig . However , the big mouths let the cat out of the bad to the waiters . They thought it was funny especially given my petite size . BTW I did a pretty good job at polishing them off .

Not to worry I can and will eat what you won't . On our last cruise I had Joe , Jeff and Archie order different desserts . They did not want any and the desserts were all for me . I could of ordered all of them but I did not want to look like a pig . However , the big mouths let the cat out of the bad to the waiters . They thought it was funny especially given my petite size . BTW I did a pretty good job at polishing them off .

You better cool it when we are on together on the Golden in 3 weeks time or we'll ahve 6 desserts being ordered between both of us!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Yeah, that's what all you ladies say. But what about Milt?

What about Milt? He's certainly not undernourished. And he's been eating all the baaaaaaaaaaaaaa he wants; can't get any at home. Baaaaaaaaaa, that is. :)

Good Morning from a beautiful day outside Princess Cays. Got a late start today; crazy hours finally caught up with us and we didn't do the gym this morning. Actually didn't get out of bed until 8:00 AM. I can't believe it's time to pack, which is what Milt is starting to do right now. We intend to tender over to the island about noon. Must let Milt check out all the "chotchkes." How the H do you spell that word? Anyhow, had a nice leisurely breakfast (cheese day) on deck; no discernible humidity. Very nice.

Tony and Envy, nice of you to keep the thread alive with your chit chat while I vaccillate. (I think that one is spelled incorrectly)

We had lobster last night; wonderful! I had four, as promised. Nothing else except broccoli, and not much of that. For dessert I finally asked our waiter to find me a chocolate chip cookie and he brought enough for an army. My tablemates indulged too and I DID NOT take the remainder back to the cabin.

Decided not to attend any shows and instead played "Name that Tune", which we tied for first place. We then peeked into the comedian/juggler show; that guy is nuts. Did manage a few laughs. Afterwards too tired to attend the midnight R rated comic; will hear about him later from our friends who never seem to sleep. (Talking about Ro and Murray). Champagne waterfall had a gazillion in attendance; Milt looked, I didn't.

Lots of movies being shown tonight; RV with Robin Williams, Devil Wears Prada and something else which I don't recall. Tonight is also the passenger talent show; always fun to watch. I've only had the chutzpah to do it once, though I have been known to participate in karaoke from time to time. I don't think I've mentioned the groups who play in the Wheelhouse. I would like to spend some time in there occasionally, but the smoke is abominable. There seems to be more elderly smokers on this cruise than ever before. Maybe it's their last hurrah. :D

This pseudo blogging has been fun, though I wouldn't want to do it for any length of time. I feel a committment; something I MUST do at certain times every day. Committment doesn't necessarily = dedication. Tony is King; would never want to intrude on that turf. :p

Later, if I can.

Arlene

Just had the best lunch; everything I like. Fried shrimp; keep the shrimp, the batter is to die for. :) Broccoli, of course, followed by corn on the cob, baked potato and ribs. Mostly carbs, but tastes sooooooooooooo good! :D

Only I could come on here and talk about what I ate, instead of what's doing on the ship. For those who don't know me, I'm not a foodie so this is a novelty. :)

Quiet ship; everyone off on Princess Cay. We didn't go. I hate tendering for no reason and going to the island to do nothing is reason enough not to go.

Arlene

Hi Arlene,

Gosh packing all ready.Only seems like yesterday when you started this thread.I think packing at the end of the cruise is the worst bit as you really know the cruise is coming to an end.I usually leave it to the last minute and then just throw everything in,to be be sorted out at home later.

Thank you for the great reports of your cruise.I have been on plenty of cruises, but not a Caribbean Cruise yet,so it is all a new learning curve for me.

All the best for the Festive Season,

(We are planning a picnic on the beach for Cristmas Day.........

Baaaa tastes great in sandwiches!!!!!!!)

1958163912_001sun_bridgeprinCays.jpg.d5bf60e75afb950281755331a7303a56.jpg

I have been on plenty of cruises, but not a Caribbean Cruise yet,so it is all a new learning curve for me.

All the best for the Festive Season,

(We are planning a picnic on the beach for Christmas Day.........

Baaaa tastes great in sandwiches!!!!!!!)

Whatever have I done to all you normal people? Now even you, David, is baaaaaaaaaaaaaa-ing. :D If you're planning on a Caribbean cruise, make sure you guys contact us. We'd love to see you on our turf. We thoroughly toured NZ years before we met you, so doubt if we'll be coming out there any time soon.

Arlene

Hello everyone. Just dropping by to tell you this is my final post aboard the Sun Princess. It's almost 8:30 PM and by the time all our evening activities are over, the purser's desk will probably have shut me down. I suppose it's time to "shut down" my rambling anyway. :D

Thank you all for reading and to those who actually responded. Seems that this thread had over 6 thousand hits. I guess there are people out there who do like chatter after all. :)

See you all over at Tony's "house." Goodnight and goodbye.

Arlene

P.S. sniff sniff...............I hate goodbyes

Thankfully Tony has finally surfaced on the Tahitian and can "take over." He does it so well and is far more dedicated than I

Arlene, it is true that Tony is very dedicated and does it well but you also have done a great job of posting. I think you are just naturally funny and it comes across in your postings. Don't short change yourself....you have been very informative while entertaining at the same time.

Have a safe drive home.

BTW: What does AFAIK stand for?

Mary

Hi Gang............I'm hooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmme. This thread is ready to disintegrate and/or self destruct. Thanks to all my "groupies" and yes, Mary, I am usually funny. Just call me a "sit-down" comic. :D

So now it's back to the real world and the waiting begins until our next cruise. Meanwhile we both go to work tomorrow morning. :(

Arlene

Archived