Docking at the Hilton Marina Question

TASHA64

Our Ship wll be docking at the Hilton Marina site. I am on the Granduer sailing August 15th,2004 from Baltimore. Can anyone tell me if this is near the shopping area? Can it be walked? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The area you will be docked at is right at the Mallory Square are of Key West. The main "shopping" street in Key West, Duval, is only a couple of blocks from there. I don't know what you are shopping for but Key West is not really known as a great shopping port. It has a lot of sovenuir and t-shirt shops but not anything that I would really call great shopping opportunities.

Have a great next cruise.

:)

Besides t-shirts and souveniors, there is a Christmas shop - think it is on Duval Street. There is also a small shopping mall (just a handful of stores) near the pier that has a Blue Cat shop and another store that sells leather handbags made in Mexico.

Other than that - not much to shop for here.

If you are interested in glass sea shells, right at Mallory Square, there is woman in an open market store that sells them.

:)

Thank you everyone for all of your information. I was in Key West last Nov on a cruise and we had to dock at the Navel Base..then we had to board tram cars and trollys and be taken into town. Going back was the same, but you then had to go thru the bases security to get back on the base for the boat. we had to have our ids out when we got back to the gate, then a security officer came onto the buses/trams and checked everyone. I'm glad this time it won't be such a hassel. Thank You !!

• 2 weeks later...

Tasha -

I've been at both the Naval dock and the Hilton area, and the Hilton is SOOOO much better for getting in and out of town!!

If you are a cat or dog person, the Blue Cat/Blue Dog shop in that little mall that Krazy mentioned is really fun!! I bought a few things on my first visit - ended up getting there too late on the second one to get anything (I lost a Greyhound earring I had bought there, so I intend to replace it this time!).

There are also a bunch of dive shops if you do SCUBA - we dived with Southpoint Divers last time and had two good dives. Diver's Direct also has a HUGE dive supply store right across the street from that little place that sells all the lime products (and near the "Key Lime pie on a stick" place). And by the way - if you like lime and shortbread, that same store (the name of which escapes me at the moment, but it's only about two blocks off Duval) sells little lime shortbread cookies that are to DIE for! Expensive, but you can go in and sample the wares before buying (or just sample if you don't want to buy).

Anyone else dive in this crew??

I'm getting antsy at work waiting for this...my brain is DEFINITELY predisposed to think of beautiful blue water right now.

JMT..Thanks for the info. I wasnt sure when I signed up for this cruise is the Hilton was within walking distance. I'm glad it's there and not at the naval yard where I was docked at before. I remember seeing you on the Roll Call for the grandeur for Aug. 15th..I'm on that one too..It's less than a week away I can't wait!!!

Archived