NO faith in people.

cjdd2006

We just returned from the GP, and left one of our bags in Galveston. It is clearly marked with name, ph, address, and containd ALL of our souveniers from our trip. I know it was our mistake for leaving it, but SOMEONE has it, and isn't decent enough to at least call me.

Are you sure someone took it ? This happened to the couple we were traveling with on our Golden Princess cruise a year or so ago. A couple days after we got home, thinking the bag was lost forever, it was delivered to their front door by UPS. Princess arranged the whole thing. So, even if someone else took it by mistake, they may well return it once they realize and Princess will ship it to you. Don't give up hope yet.

I once left a bag, full of rum no less, sitting in the Puerto Plata airport.

It sat there overnight, and only was rescued the day after I got home by the Charter air company who delivered it to me the following weekend.

A bag sitting in a third world airport, safe and sound.

I have however been robbed twice thru Miami, the worst airport that I know of for theft. (Maybe it's improved since the scandalous 60 Minutes report a few years ago, but I doubt it)

Hi There,

last year while waiting at the airport for my bags along with hundreds of others I spotted by bag being pushed on a trolly, at first I thougth it could not be mine must just be similar but I just got that feeling so I ran after the bloke asked him to stop he was not happy to stop was in a hurry to get some place, any way it was my bag, did not even say sorry.

Was he a thief or just careless in picking the wrong bag ?.

yours Shogun

Last January, after we had returned from a Grand cruise in and out Of Galveston, we got a call at home the next day telling us that they had one of our bags that had been left in the terminal. We hadn't even realized that we were missing one, but, after checking, we realized a small roll on carry on was, in fact, missing! The caller from the port offered to send it to us, but since we live only 30 miles from Galveston, we picked it up ourselves. If you do this, you must go into the building and ask where to get it, because it will be locked away. Good luck.

About 4 years ago about 10 family members and I went on an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver to Seward. Upon arriving in Seward we rented a large van and spent about 4 nights in Alaska before returning home.

When we were unloading the van at the airport, after the land portion of our vacation had ended, we found an extra bag in the car. It was a duffle type carry-on. Everyone had thought it belonged to the other! Upon opening it we discovered that it didn't belong to any of us, but it did belong to someone on the same ship. At that moment there was nothing I could do but check it with my own luggage and take it home with me. It didn't have a tag, but I found something inside with an address. I took it over to FedEX and had it shipped to the owner. Because of our land vacation and shipping time, etc, they probably didn't receive it until 2 weeks after they lost it (or we accidently loaded it into our van at the rental company).

Things do have a habit of going out of sight very quickly.

While going through pre boarding security check on a recent cruise I left the area without my casual jacket ( I did not pick it up from the back side of the x ray machine) and did not realize until I was being checked in for boarding (about 10 min' later). I hightailed it back to the security area and the jacket could not be found anywhere. Fortunately it was not a valuable item and I was not too upset other than a few choice words to myself for my stupidity in leaving it there.

Bottom line is ---- if you leave it, expect to lose it. If it is returned it is a bonus.

We just returned from the GP, and left one of our bags in Galveston. It is clearly marked with name, ph, address, and containd ALL of our souveniers from our trip. I know it was our mistake for leaving it, but SOMEONE has it, and isn't decent enough to at least call me.

If you "just go off the GP" that must have been this Saturday. Hardly time for it to show up.

So, will your faith be restored if your bag turns up like many of the other poster's bags did ? :confused: :confused:

Let us know how it turns out, especially if it turns up. ;)

This Past September I Left One Of My Bags Outside The Miami Airport I Never Even Knew It Was Gone! As I Was Sitting Waiting For The Flight My Name Was Annouced Over The Intercom And They Told Me That They Had My Bag And I Was Shocked B/c I Didnt Even Know It Was Gone!!! So Needless To Say I Met Up With A Princess Rep Who Had Recovered It And Got Everything Back!!! So Maybe Call Princess!!!

I too have a lost bag story that has a happy ending just last month. My friends and I returned to the airport in one of those mini vans that wait at the terminal for passengers. There were 4 of us, and the driver wanted to get another party of 4. We were first in the van and first to be dropped off at the airport. Because the others in my group were elderly, I was in charge of getting our bags off the van. Well, I was paying attention to everyone else's bags that I didn't get mine from the van -- duh!!! It wasn't until I went to go weigh my bag in the terminal that I realized I didn't have it. I went back outside but the van was naturally long gone. I was a little upset about it but figured there would be a valid reason to get a new cruise wardrobe (it was a large suitcase will only my cruise clothes)! Out of curiosity I asked the sheriff there what the outcome could be in a situation like that. Since I didn't note the cab company (could have called them if I did), she said the driver might come back or he might turn it into Princess who then may be in contact with me about it. I am the type to think the worst first, so I just figured the driver would take the suitcase home for his wife/girlfriend/mother. I sure learned not to jump to conclusions!! Not only did he phone me on my cell phone (my cell number was on my luggage tag, but I couldn't get to the phone in time to answer it), he did come back with my luggage when he dropped off another group. It was about an hour later and I did stay outside watching for vans hoping to see him, but he came right to me waving at me from his van and saying that he tried to call me to tell me not to worry about it. Needless to say, I was very happy and surprised.

After arriving home from a trip to Mexico, I realized I didn't have my laptop computer that I had taken with me. I had left it on the public parking lot shuttle bus that takes you from the terminal to public parking lot B. I thought it was a gonner for sure. I was able to hunt down the phone number of the parking lot and I called...they had my laptop waiting for me!

I think your bag will show up. Nobody wants a piece of someone's luggage. what do they contain, old clothes in someone else's size and other items that are not useful to anyone but the owner.

Everyone carries valuable items in their carryon's. So unless your bag looks like a carryon, it probably will turn up.

Archived