Legand of the Seas

I have seen very little written about the Legend of the seas. I will be be sailing on her in Oct. The is my first time sailing with RCI. I was just wondering about rooms, food and staff. If there is anything that is a must do. Any secret places or any must see. I am not new to cruising just to RCI. We will have an inside cabin on deck six. I would just like the pros and cons. We will be doing the Mediterrean. Thank you

Delores

We sailed Legend this past March to Western Caribbean.

Overall the ship is a nice ship. Definitely older, but I think the upkeep is good. We had an interior room, but I cant remember what floor. Six may be it. There were a few things that needed replacement in our cabin, such as tv stand and mirrored cabinet had a chip in glass :eek: but overall it was nice. I have a very very lengthy review on here from the cruise in 5 parts. If you search "Legend of Seas" in search function I am positive they will come up for your review. I was so detailed in every aspect of cruise.

Have fun. I would definitely sail this ship again after I have tried out some other RCI ships. We do prefer Voyager class though, due to amenities on board.

I sailed the Legend several years ago to the Mediterranean and loved her. She is older but she is also smaller and more personal in my opinion. The food was fine - it's tough to say excellent when you look at the fact that we took her to the Mediterranean and Italy is so full of delicious food, but none of the four of us had any complaints with the food on board.

Enjoy your cruise and the smaller ship!

We just got off the Legend 2 December. Overall the ship is in good shape. The only real complaint my wife had was the carpet in our hallway on deck 8 smelled. Not terrible, just an odor she could smell.

We had cabin 8080, aft junior suite. It had the new bedding and a new flat screen TV. Our friends had 8078 and had the new bedding, but the TV was not flat screen.

They were constantly cleaning the ship and revarnishing railings. No real secrets, just a nice older, smaller RCI ship.

We sailed on her in 97 and after this sailing, we would sail on her again.

We just got off the Legend 2 December. Overall the ship is in good shape. The only real complaint my wife had was the carpet in our hallway on deck 8 smelled. Not terrible, just an odor she could smell.

We had cabin 8080, aft junior suite. It had the new bedding and a new flat screen TV. Our friends had 8078 and had the new bedding, but the TV was not flat screen.

They were constantly cleaning the ship and revarnishing railings. No real secrets, just a nice older, smaller RCI ship.

We sailed on her in 97 and after this sailing, we would sail on her again.

Paul, we will be in JS 8086 - do you have any pictures of the aft JS please? Also, it has been asked before, does the Windjammer have the seperate Jade asian food section, or does it serve Asian food at all. Also when Legend was based out of England it used to do themed menus at night in the WindJ - does this still happen. Also comments on the main dining room would be appreciated. Does the ship lack from having a speciality restaurant at all......so many questions! Thanks

Still wotking on the pictures, but we do have some of the cabin. Will post the address when they're loaded to webshots.

We ate in the main dining room except for the night in Cozumel. There was a theme in the Windjammer that night. I'll have to check the compasses to see if anything was said about that. There's no jade on the legend, but there was oriental food available at least some of the time.

We were impressed with the selection and quality of the food when we ate in the Windjammer. Check every section before you load your plate. We found some stations with different food after we were already full. That was true for all meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The food in the dining room was very good after the first night. I wasn't impressed with the prime rib that night. Also, our waitress forgot one of the appetizers for some of us. I took her aside when we were leaving and mentioned it to her. She was very appreciative that I didn't complain to her head waiter and we got excellent service after that.

We've been on ships with the specialty restaurants and have used them occasionally. We did not miss them on the Legend. I'll try to answer any other questions you have.

Since you are little britain, do you live in Britain and, if so, where, if I may ask?

Since you are little britain, do you live in Britain and, if so, where, if I may ask?
Paul - we are approx 35 miles south-west of London, in a small town along the River Thames. Windsor is about 10 miles away.......

Thanks for your answers and looking forward to the pictures and anything else you can let us know!

BTW - Love the pics of your kitties...!

We'll be in London in June prior to our Jewel of the Seas sailing on the 18th. A group of us are staying at the Rubens at the Palace.

Can you recommend a good place to eat on either the Saturday or Sunday night we will be there (16th & 17th). Some of us may go to a West End show the 17th. Mama Mia will be playing then.

Would rather go to a good place that the locals know than a "tourist" place to eat.

We'll be in London in June prior to our Jewel of the Seas sailing on the 18th. A group of us are staying at the Rubens at the Palace.

Can you recommend a good place to eat on either the Saturday or Sunday night we will be there (16th & 17th). Some of us may go to a West End show the 17th. Mama Mia will be playing then.

Would rather go to a good place that the locals know than a "tourist" place to eat.

Wow - a subjective topic and very much rated by £££. Be prepared for smaller portions :D and pretty ropey steaks!!

OK - for the view I would suggest the top of the Oxo Tower http://www.oxotower.co.uk/rese_bottom.html. Pricey but the view is fantastic and it right next to Tate Modern Art Gallery on the South Bank.

Otherwise a great traditional atmosphere can be found at Maggie Jones which is at 6 Old Court Place, in Kensington http://www.london-eating.co.uk/2531.htm

For more British Roast Beef go to 'Rules' or 'Simpsons on the Strand'. Very authentic and old.

For great noodles go to Wagamama's - they are found all over the place. Good reasonable food - large shared tables

Langans Brasserie just opposite The Ritz on Piccadilly is owned by Michael Caine.

For meal deals [such as theatre and dinner packages] try toptable.co.uk or lastminute.com

Hope this helps! If I think of any more I'll add them

The Sound of Music is the newest 'hit' to open over here - think it is sold out for about 6 months! They ran a talent show on TV to select the girl to play Maria!

Archived