high tea

baruby47

Yes U Do But Its Formal!!!! Very Formal For Men!! Must Wear Jacket And Good Shoes Or Will Get Kicked Out!

You make it sound so very hostile. Didn't you just post the same harsh words on another thread! :mad:

Guest alexMD

I wonder! Why do you use so many exclamation marks!!! ?

"I seriously question the sanity of somebody who uses multiple exclamation marks."

"Multiple exclamation marks [...] are a sure sign of a diseased mind" -- Terry Pratchett

Afternoon tea is served in the "buffet" each day, also on a recent cruise I took , there was a Captains Club Afternoon Tea served in the "alternative restaurant ", this is very elegant, and it is expected that passengers will reflect the occasion.

Another afternoon, an Elegant Tea was served in the dining room , and again the passengers were asked to dress accordingly.

For those who do not wish to "dress up" there was as usual tea , sandwiches, and cakes in the buffet.

My husband was sent away from high tea last year because he did not have a jacket on. He had black dress pants on and a very nice shirt and was still not let in. He complied & came back. I on the other hand just threw on some lipstick and long sleeveless sundress over my suntan lotion covered body & was welcomed. The tea was lovely but there were only about 20 people there. I thought the hostess was being a pain not letting my husband in, afterall, the place was almost empty. Needless to say, he will never go to high tea again. I am not at all against a dress code but the hostess could have been nicer about it especially since the room was almost empty.

The last two cruises I was able to attend the high tea without needing a jacket. Guess I'll keep this in mind for next year. Either that or I'll let my wife go to the high tea and I'll head to the Martini Bar.

The last two cruises I was able to attend the high tea without needing a jacket. Guess I'll keep this in mind for next year. Either that or I'll let my wife go to the high tea and I'll head to the Martini Bar.

In my house High tea is a Martini!

We had butler service and he served "high tea" to our stateroom. I was told it is the same goodies served in the dining room. I just found the eating to be too much (as much as I loved it) Next cruise - No High Tea - Martinis only (less fattening). The tes service is like a second lunch 2 hours after lunch--and believe it or not-- we were hungry!

I guess I fall on the side of the Dress Code. There are only a few "throw-back" traditions left in the cruise industry...This one is a most enjoyable activity....But pales in comparison to High Tea on the S.S. Norway.

High Tea on those ships are held in the Fleet Bar or Americas Cup Club or in the restaurant. I like it held in the Fleet or Americas the best. The Windjammer just has the regular everyday teatime goodies of little sandwiches, cookies & little pastries from 4 to 5 every day.

I believe the dress code for the "tea" was stated on the invitation. I just try to observe what the invitation states, and I have not been "kicked out" yet.

What do they call the buffet? THE BUFFET:D ....LOL...On the CENTURY it is called "The Islands Cafe"...on MERCURY its called "Palm Springs Buffet"...don't know the names on the other ships.

Archived