first time criuser radance jan 20

PSTIXS

Just found cc and signed on myself and 4 other ladies are cruising in jan on the radance would like some imput, what excursions, have booked a suite for two of us what does the conciegre include have late dinner is that a mistake what kind of clothes to take and wear any help is greatly appreciated also any one else cruising on the 20th?;)

Are you cruising Eastern or Western?

Radiance is my favorite ship. You will love it. They get the new bedding soon which is the only negative thing I could ever say on this ship.

I have done early and late seating. Early has more families, late is more adults. Had good experience on both.

Bring more money and less cloths is my cruise motto!

Enjoy your trip!

I see you found your roll call thread. That's a good place to start to get excursion advice. Also check the port of call section of Cruise Critic.

I did a "girls" cruise on the Radiance in November with 10 women I knew (or who knew someone else) and an additional 10 women from Canada who I "met" here on Cruise Critic. The Canadian group had early seating and we had late seating. We all had a good time, so seating is very subjective. Is this everyone's first cruise? If so, I'd pick the dining time that is closest to your normal dining time at home.

The Radiance is a fabulous ship and I"m sure you'll enjoy it. The Concierge Lounge will offer a continental breakfast each morning and an extended cocktail hour every evening. There is coffee/tea machine available 24/7. Additionally, if you have any tendering ports, be sure to stop in the Concierge lounge the night before you tender. The concierge will have priority tendering tickets available to you.

Enjoy!

Bring clothing appropriate for the weather! Daytime is shorts, nighttime are nice slacks or capris, or skirts ,etc... Formal is just that--Formal!! Dress to impress, either long gown or cocktail dresses. Fancy shoes! You know what to do!

Just found cc and signed on myself and 4 other ladies are cruising in jan on the radance would like some imput, what excursions, have booked a suite for two of us what does the conciegre include have late dinner is that a mistake what kind of clothes to take and wear any help is greatly appreciated also any one else cruising on the 20th?;)

Hi my husband and I are cruising on this ship. I agree with the poster who said less clothes, I don't know about the more money statement though. Beachey clothes for the day time, and some casual and dressy clothes for evening. I only pack what will fit in a 22 inch carryon. Lorelle

Welcome to this cruise. We will also be on Radiance on 1/20/07. You will love the ship. We were on her for a back-to-back a couple of years ago and have been looking forward to sailing on Radiance again. Don't forget to sign up for the Meet and Mingle. If there are 25 people signed up, they have an M&M on the ship with some goodies and a few giveaways (usually). It's a lovely way to meet fellow passengers and Cruise Critic posters.

I think at last count there were 20 already on the list, so if you and your friends sign up, there will be enough for the Meet and Mingle. Feel free to ask any questions.

We love the concierge lounge. There is a cold buffet breakfast in the morning and drinks and hors d'oeuvres from 5 to 8:30 p.m. The concierge will make reservations for you in the alternative dining rooms (Chops and Portofino). He or she will also have some DVD's for you to borrow to watch in your suite if you want. It's another very relaxed way to meet others.

In terms of dinner, we always take late seating. It gives us a longer day in port or for whatever activities we participate in on the ship. Even though it is fairly late (usually 8 or 8:30 p.m.), we would rather have a longer day.

Clothing -during the day, it is pretty casual on the ship. On the 8 night itinerary, there are usually 2 formal nights, 1 or two smart casual (a little dressier than casual) and the rest are casual. I usually take one or two pair of dress slacks and some (resort-wear type) tops for the casual nights. The others are appropriately more dressy. After overpacking for many cruises, I have finally learned to wear evening clothes twice. Usually nobody notices, and even if they do, no one cares. I try to bring things that can be worn with black shoes so I don't have to bring a lot of different colors. Shorts are not permitted in the dining room at dinner. Jeans at dinner are discouraged but you will see them occasionally. If you have a tendency to run "cold", be sure to bring some kind of wrap or shawl because some rooms can be cool. On shore it is usually very warm. Be sure to bring comfortable shoes for walking.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Archived