Ever heard of a book sale prior to disembark?

LHC

DD heard that they offer books for a deep discount and that those who have brought books on board can get in on trading their book for others. Ever heard of this? We both love to read and the idea of swapping for others prior to coming home is delightful to us!

Linda

DD heard that they offer books for a deep discount and that those who have brought books on board can get in on trading their book for others. Ever heard of this? We both love to read and the idea of swapping for others prior to coming home is delightful to us!

Linda

I don't think it's a book sale ... but rather a book swap. You can leave one and take one. There's usually a table in the Explorations Cafe, or a certain place, where people leave their books when they have finished reading them. Most of the books are paperbacks, of course, and what a lot of people do towards the end of their cruise is drop off their finished books and take some new selections left by others. This way you have something fresh to read for the trip home.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Santa Christmas the new mystery by Mary Higgins Clark and another book called Jamaican Me Crazy (we are visiting Jamaica this trip). Both are Christmas setting great for Holiday Cruising....along with a couple of Carl Hiasson novels.

Linda

On Veendam they had a shelf in the Explorations Cafe to leave/pick up a paperback. Halfway through the cruise there were about 12-15 books there. On the next to last day, the shelf had two full rows.....probably 60 or 70 books. Like me, everyone was leaving books they had finished or didn't want to cart home. Maybe the first day of the cruise would be a good time to check it out to see what previous passengers left.

Wow I didn't realize they did that. When I go on a cruise I pack books for going, while there and coming home. I just the ones I have read to the library. I am a commuter so I read at least an hour each morning and evening and then I read at my lunch time so I always have an extra book so if I finish one I have another. The passengers on the bus laugh at me and keep track how many books I read in a week.

Kathy

Santa Christmas the new mystery by Mary Higgins Clark and another book called Jamaican Me Crazy (we are visiting Jamaica this trip). Both are Christmas setting great for Holiday Cruising....along with a couple of Carl Hiasson novels.

Linda

Have you read any Carl Hiasson yet? He is my FAVE to read on vacation! So funny, and his crazy characters are a hoot!

We love Hiasson. I hope to have his new book for our Jan cruise. The only difference is that we listen to audiobooks. My eyes are not what they used to be. Just can't do it anymore. Audiobooks add a new dimension to books that is wonderful. If you haven't tried it, you should. The reader can make all the difference in the world.

Sue

Archived