Can cabins be changed online?

If you booked online, you can change your cabin online. If you booked with a phone rep, you have to change with them. But I caution you....If the price has gone up in your category, and you change online, sometimes the system has been known to change your price too. So I would change with a phone rep just to be sure. Besides, their website doesn't always show all available rooms.

I have a question I hope someone can provide some advice...

I recently booked a JS on Serenade through booking online and have been waiting for ages for a balcony category cabin to become available. (Yes I want to downgrade!) This cruise has been solidly booked for ages until tonight! So when I saw a balcony cabin D1 become available I booked. Now I am hoping my TA will be able to simply transfer my deposit from the JS cabin to the D1 cabin. Will this be possible? Will I be hit with a cancellation fee?

I have a question I hope someone can provide some advice...

I recently booked a JS on Serenade through booking online and have been waiting for ages for a balcony category cabin to become available. (Yes I want to downgrade!) This cruise has been solidly booked for ages until tonight! So when I saw a balcony cabin D1 become available I booked. Now I am hoping my TA will be able to simply transfer my deposit from the JS cabin to the D1 cabin. Will this be possible? Will I be hit with a cancellation fee?

There should be no problem to downgrade if that is what you want to do.......if the category you want is available..........your TA should be able to call RC........especially before final payment and make the downgrade with no penalty..........your deposit will transfer.........should be no cancellation fee since you are not cancelling the cruise.

Good news! I called when RCCL opened this morning and was able to move to the cabins with no extra charge.

I often read comments about the customer service department = many are not positive. But I have to give credit where credit is due. I have added booking, changed cabins, changed dining etc...and they have done a great job on each transaction.

Nice work, RCCL!

Maureen

Good news! I called when RCCL opened this morning and was able to move to the cabins with no extra charge.

I often read comments about the customer service department = many are not positive. But I have to give credit where credit is due. I have added booking, changed cabins, changed dining etc...and they have done a great job on each transaction.

Nice work, RCCL!

Maureen

I think C & A CSR's have provided great service for me every time. On our last cruise, our pass card had gold instead of platinum on it, which would have affected several perks. The C & A CSR e mailed the ship to correct the oversight. That's going above and beyond.

Archived