Question About E Doucments

nickusaf

I received an E-Mail from my TA today she has my Doc but they are E Doucments, she is trying to figure out if she should print them out or E-Mail them to me. My Question is how do you get your luggage tags if she prints them out or E-Mail them to me? We are booked on the Sun on Feb 4th. She will get back to me after Xmas.

A copy of my luggage tag came with my EDocs... there's only one,so you have to print that page out in accordance to how many bags you have.

Exactly what we are going to do....but on plain printer paper they seem a little flimsy.

Exactly what we are going to do....but on plain printer paper they seem a little flimsy.

The instructions with our edocs show the tags as being printed and folded so that they are three layers of paper thick, which should be strong enough (assuming you put them on at the pier). I tried one on cheap photo paper and it was great.

The instructions also say to staple it. Something else to add to my packing list.:rolleyes:

G

The instructions with our edocs show the tags as being printed and folded so that they are three layers of paper thick...":rolleyes:

UH, OH.....you mean I'm going to have to read the instructions?!! Yikes! Hey, I'm a guy, reading the instructions is worse than having to ask for directions!

I agree with Derf.

Have the luggage tags mailed to you. I have never heard of printing the tags....how would you stick them on the handle of your luggage?

Called NCL they will not mail luggage tags you will have to print them or get them at the pier. This is the first in 13 cruises that I need to print luggage tags. I guess NCL is cutting cost. I through they were color code in accordance to where you are located on the ship and that is how they distrubute the lugagge. All I have isa black and white printer.

Because we booked a few weeks before our Bermuda cruise last year and didn't have time to receive docs via mail, our TA e-mailed them to us and we printed them out. The porter put tags on our luggage at the pier.

We received e-docs for our Alaska cruise (we actually requested our docs that way). I printed out small Avery labels that had our cabin number and our AFT location on them. Next time I won't bother. As monicajay said, the porters at the pier have tons of tags, and black pens on which to write your location. It's much faster to write on their tags than to stick on the Avery labels.

Porters at the pier had pockets full of them. No problem. Luggage was in cabin in less than an hour.

Same here. didn't have the luggage tags, so the porter put one on each of our pieces of luggage & asked for our cabin number. that was it. luggage was there in no time.

The day of paper cruise docs soon will be a thing of the past much like paper airline tickets. With the advent of on line immigration information due to Homeland Security, you really don't even need them for most cruises. You are on the passenger manifest at check in. As long as you have proper boarding proof of identity/citizenship, you can board without them many times.

Princess Cruise Lines went paperless in November. No option. Luggage tags arrive with pre cruise and shore excursion information mailed directly from Princess.

Royal Caribbean/Celebrity both auto issue eDocs if reservation is made within 21 days. That began over a year ago. Beyond 21 days, eDocs are an option. RCI/CEL have luggage tag "stock" for agents to print luggage tags for clients. I look for them to go all eDocs in the future.

As previous posters mention. All cruise lines porters have all the luggage tags you could ever want right at the pier.

Archived