CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

I was just pulling this up again (will most likely book it today) to get my ducks in a row and confirm everything. I wanted to clarify.... it's technically a 50% supp from the inside guarantee rate, but I always factor the price from the regular room rate (not the guarantee). My reason for that is... I always get an upgrade when I travel solo and was told by the guy checking me in on my last one that it's a lot easier for them to upgrade solo travelers (don't have to worry about splitting groups, etc) and that they almost always upgrade the class, even if it's still an inside cabin. That's what I factored the 22% from. (Last cruise I got an oceanview at the very front of the ship... it was awesome! I checked the price for that cabin when I got back and it was almost triple what I paid!)

I found a flight for $313 but might watch that just a bit before I book to see if any specials come along. Even so, $1077.30 for the cruise and air seems pretty great to me!

After talking about the QM2 T/ABTB and New England I have had a change of heart and for around £250 more I have booked the Millennium Celebrity for November on their 14 night New Zealand OZ cruise. I will then follow this with a 4 week stopover with my Brother in Perth and spend Christmas and New Year with them.

I was very excited about it all yesterday. Today I am delighted but tired as I thought about it for all of a few hours and then booked it at lunch time yesterday. I can be impulsive but I have a strong gut feeling when something is right.

I had intended to go out to Australia sometime this year in any case so I can now do both which makes the deal better then ever.

Sue

Hey Y'all. I am the original Cruzin Suzin. I killed that identity for many reasons and took a break from the boards.

Anywho!!!!, Celebrity Cruiselines has some unbelievable prices for 5 night cruises out of Florida during the month of February. They are offering solos prices of less than $500. On at least one ship, this includes an oceanview cabin (which is cheaper on that cruise than an inside room).

If anyone can take a last minute cruise, now is a great time to sample Celebrity and see what all the talk is about.

Happy cruzin'

Hey Y'all. I am the original Cruzin Suzin. I killed that identity for many reasons and took a break from the boards.

Anywho!!!!, Celebrity Cruiselines has some unbelievable prices for 5 night cruises out of Florida during the month of February. They are offering solos prices of less than $500. On at least one ship, this includes an oceanview cabin (which is cheaper on that cruise than an inside room).

If anyone can take a last minute cruise, now is a great time to sample Celebrity and see what all the talk is about.

Happy cruzin'

Hi Suzin:)

Not sure where you are looking...I know TA's are not allowed

on here but booking directly through Celebrity none of the Feb

sailings are 500.00 for a solo.

600.00 to start on insides cabins for the 5 nighters...actually

with taxes and the fuel supplement closer to 668.00 for a solo.

The windows are even more. We must be looking at 2 different

things? Century is the only ship they have out of Miami for these

short cruises...they go from Dec to April only.

I was on CENTURY last month though:)

Happy cruzin'

First of all, how did you manage to "kill" your identity. I didn't know you could. Secondly, I would love to try a new cruise line as all 8 of mine have been on RCCL and the service is going down the drain. I don't mind going solo, but doing it on a new cruise ship is a little scary.:confused:

Hi Patty:) I am sailing in March for 10 nights to celebrate

my 50th birthday:D. Going on Galaxy out of San Juan

with a great itinerary.

Grenada

Tortola

St Martin

Aruba

Curacao

Barbados

St Lucia

I have been sailing with Celebrity since 2003 and love

their product:)

Holland and Princess regularly have single supplements of anywhere from 20% - 60%. ****************************************************. I've not read this enire thread but would love to find NCL cruises with a single supplement bargain!

Happy Cruising

Winnie

Holland and Princess regularly have single supplements of anywhere from 20% - 60%. ****************************************************. I've not read this enire thread but would love to find NCL cruises with a single supplement bargain!

Happy Cruising

Winnie

I know a few folks who sail both of those lines and pay

way more than those supplements...20%? You mean 120% maybe?

That would be a very low supplement. But 20% would be unheard

of

Actually, Roz, don't you sail HAL on a pretty regular basis?

There ss is in the 150% range right? The only 20% supplements

I have ever heard about is on the true luxury lines and their

prices are so high the low SS doesn't help me anyway.

Happy Cruising

Winnie

As others have pointed out, NCL does not offer a discounted single supplement. However, depending upon where you're interested in going, HAL is still offering a 0% single supplement on inside cabins on the Prinsendam's sailings next summer and fall. Most of the cruises are longer (14 days or more) with a European itinerary in the $3000-5,000 price range. For more info, check CC's major advertisers.

As others have pointed out, NCL does not offer a discounted single supplement. However, depending upon where you're interested in going, HAL is still offering a 0% single supplement on inside cabins on the Prinsendam's sailings next summer and fall. Most of the cruises are longer (14 days or more) with a European itinerary in the $3000-5,000 price range. For more info, check CC's major advertisers.

Never say never about NCL. The December translatlantic on the Gem had no single supplement. I'm keeping my eye on NCL all the time, watching for another good deal for singles...it may not be as good as the one on the TA, but maybe some sort of break.

Never say never about NCL. The December translatlantic on the Gem had no single supplement. I'm keeping my eye on NCL all the time, watching for another good deal for singles...it may not be as good as the one on the TA, but maybe some sort of break.

Thanks for the reminder, Dallas -- we'll all be watching (that is, those of us willing to cruise NCL).;)

Rosebud, that's a good fare if you can afford the airfare to San Juan.

Roz

I hear ya, air keeps me away from all San Juan sailings.

I did find a 4 day on RCCL for feb 14 ( long weekend for schools too) out the door for 662.54. I was the same as a five day on Carnivals 1A.

Hey Dallas! :D How 'r u doing?? It's Nancy from said cruise. I was getting ready to post similar 'never say never' LOL!

I really want to do another TA next fall - I LOVED it!

Upon hearing we're getting a $600 check to stimulate the economy, I thought I'd give mine to my favorite industry - the CRUISE industry. I also have a $229 SW air credit I need to use by 5/11.

Looking for cheap 5-night cruise to anywhere before 5/11. I like sea days.

[edit: this is the one Goldearrings was talking about]

There's a Norwegian Pride of Hawaii repo cruise 5-day Feb 4 from Honolulu to (all sea days) LA - inside $199 Per Person (not solo). (OV $299 pp) -- but I can't get off work. If someone loves sea days....

Quote:

"Upon hearing we're getting a $600 check to stimulate the economy"

I heard that (saw it) on the net today too:D. Then came home

and saw the news.

Have no idea when they are going to start being mailed out as

the IRS is working on the 2007 tax season from now till April:rolleyes:

so it may not be till summertime but that is ok too....600 bucks

will definitely come in handy:)

Lois,

In answer to the question/comment you posed, yes, I sail HAL on a regular basis, and the single supplement on an inside or outside cabin is in the 140-150% range. That's assuming you're sailing during a non-peak time. I've priced cabins for holiday cruises, and HAL is up there with everyone else charging 200% (just because they can :D ).

You're right about the luxury lines charging 110-125% for a solo, but like you pointed out, the base fare is so expensive to start with, it's hardly a bargain for us hardworking single gals. ;)

Roz

Lois,

In answer to the question/comment you posed, yes, I sail HAL on a regular basis, and the single supplement on an inside or outside cabin is in the 140-150% range. That's assuming you're sailing during a non-peak time. I've priced cabins for holiday cruises, and HAL is up there with everyone else charging 200% (just because they can :D ).

You're right about the luxury lines charging 110-125% for a solo, but like you pointed out, the base fare is so expensive to start with, it's hardly a bargain for us hardworking single gals. ;)

Roz

Lois,

Roz

and boys.

Jack,

My mistake...didn't mean to exclude the guys on this board. I mistakenly thought the discussion was among 3-4 of the ladies. I apologize for the oversight.

Roz

Hi Jack, yes for those single girls AND guys:) ...didn't mean to

omit anyone:D.....sorry!

Jack,

My mistake...didn't mean to exclude the guys on this board. I mistakenly thought the discussion was among 3-4 of the ladies. I apologize for the oversight.

Roz

No problem! I forgot the litlle wink after my comment. :) . I'm all for the hard working ladies of the world!

Archived