CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Hi,

I was looking at the Aug. 7 Transatlantic Crossing for a while now since it had a very low price (750$pp tx and fees included) but I wasn't lucky about finding a roomate to share the cost (single occupancy was double price... as most of the time).

I was getting discouraged Friday morning since the cruise was then less than Sailing in less than 2 weeks. Just for fun, I looked at the 12-night B2B crossing too and put 1 passenger and the total came to 1325$ tax and fees included !!! I couldn’t believe it, it was no more expensive than the per person rate of double-occupancy room for 6-night + flight to come back home. The cruise was on hold on the computer for 15 minutes. I called DBF to see if he’d mind if I was gone 2 weeks instead of one (since we wouldn’t have much vacation together – he’s not into ships much by the way), checked with my boss if my vacation date could be changed and I booked the cruise in the allotted time.

About an hour or two after that, when I got home, I checked and this deal was gone (I wanted to post it on this board but it was too late already). I called Cunard this morning since my stateroom is just under the gym and I wanted to change (I had booked a D5 guarantee cabin, it’s all they had available). They had no room to move me to since they are fully booked for this 12-night B2B crossing for over two months!!! The lady couldn’t believe I had just booked Friday, she said it was probably a last minute cancellation and I got extremely lucky.

I’ve been dreaming about a TA crossing for years now and it’s becoming reality, I will be sailing in 10 days!!!!. I’m so happy (even if I have the less desirable room on the ship).

It’s also the first time that I will have an assigned table (I have only cruised on NCL ships in the past) and I think I will enjoy the experience. I’m 29 years old and I know most passenger will be older than me (probably could be my parents or even grand-parents) but I’m fine with this.

There are also a couple of other solo cruisers in my age range (under 40) and they seem interested in joining me for tea, lunch or a drink sometimes. I’m sure I will have a terrific time.

As you can see, it pays to check often for the cruise price and it IS possible to get sailings at no single supplement (my other solo cruise was also at no supplement).

I have not read the whole thread, but go to Roll call and see who else is cruising with you both ways then you can set up a meet and mingle.

I have not read the whole thread, but go to Roll call and see who else is cruising with you both ways then you can set up a meet and mingle.

Thank you, yes, I'm on the 2 roll calls and I will go at the 2 meet-and-greet and can't wait to be onboard (only 3 days!!!)

Have a very enjoyable solo across that vast ocean! Let us know your experience when you get back! Bon Voyage!;)

Thank you (and yes, I will post a review that will include things about being solo on a crossing).

It’s also the first time that I will have an assigned table (I have only cruised on NCL ships in the past) and I think I will enjoy the experience. I’m 29 years old and I know most passenger will be older than me (probably could be my parents or even grand-parents) but I’m fine with this.

A long time ago my sister gave me one piece of advice about traveling: "Hang around old folks. They know how to have fun!"

Maybe it's just my early timing, but I'm finding decent solo rates for May 2009 7-day Alaska cruises on Princess dot com. I checked alot of the travel sites first and thought the rates were okay with OBC's, but found $100-$200 savings by logging in at Princess - and I'd rather pay less for the cruise than have $50 to spend on board! For instance - inside on 5/16 Sapphire Princess is going for $1201 on alot of sites - Princess has it for $1041. I know alot of folks say to get a balcony for Alaska cruises, but I book an inside so 1) I save money and 2) I get out of the cabin and meet people.

Any thoughts from my fellow CC solos about Princess? I'm not quite sure how the dining arrangements work but have plenty of time to figure it out. I did not like freestyle on NCL one bit, but I think Princess' dining is a bit different than that, and I can always reserve traditional and opt out before final payment, right?

Thanks, all!

Liz

Maybe it's just my early timing, but I'm finding decent solo rates for May 2009 7-day Alaska cruises on Princess dot com. I checked alot of the travel sites first and thought the rates were okay with OBC's, but found $100-$200 savings by logging in at Princess - and I'd rather pay less for the cruise than have $50 to spend on board! For instance - inside on 5/16 Sapphire Princess is going for $1201 on alot of sites - Princess has it for $1041. I know alot of folks say to get a balcony for Alaska cruises, but I book an inside so 1) I save money and 2) I get out of the cabin and meet people.

Any thoughts from my fellow CC solos about Princess? I'm not quite sure how the dining arrangements work but have plenty of time to figure it out. I did not like freestyle on NCL one bit, but I think Princess' dining is a bit different than that, and I can always reserve traditional and opt out before final payment, right?

Thanks, all!

Liz

Princess has the option of Traditional (2 fixed seating times) or Anytime.

There are two DRs for Anytime and one for Traditional. If you book early enough, you can probably get Traditional. However, my experience with Anytime has been good to excellent. I dine @ 7 - 7:30 and am usualy seated immediately. However, I'm not fussy and ask for a "share".

Visit the Princess message boards. There's a slew of threads about dining.

I agree about booking direct. I nearly always get my best price w/Princess, and the cruise reps are very helpful. Even when the TA's price is less, it's usually only $50-100. Not worth having a middle man in my book. Also, signing in to my Captain's Circle account often makes a major price reduction.

Princess is nearly always MUCH less expensive than my previous favorite, HAL.

I just booked a 8n cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas....top category inside. $865 for a single room. Nov 29 leaving FLL arriving in Panama.....The cruise is very cheap, the problem is the airfair....I ended up canceling the cruise because the airfair cost more than the cruise...I tried to use my airline miles on CO but that didn't work either............:( what a nice itinerary too! Check out the RCCL website for the great "special pricing" rate.

I just booked a 8n cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas....top category inside. $865 for a single room. Nov 29 leaving FLL arriving in Panama.....The cruise is very cheap, the problem is the airfair....I ended up canceling the cruise because the airfair cost more than the cruise...I tried to use my airline miles on CO but that didn't work either............:( what a nice itinerary too! Check out the RCCL website for the great "special pricing" rate.

I thought about this cruise too, months ago. But I decided against it because November is the RAINIEST and MOST HUMID month of the year in the panama canal area. And December is not much better.

Living in Oregon, I figure you just might want to get away from the rain for a while on a cruise. :o

Hope this helps with your disappointment!

For California residents able to travel this month and are able to work out airfare, the Celebrity websight is offering the following pricing on the Millennium, August 29, 2008, Seward to Vancouver, for an Inside Cabin (Category 9) on Vista Deck. Pricing may work for other states.

Single pricing is:

SubtotalCruise:639.00Fuel Supplement:70.00Taxes:119.17Total Price:828.17

Jack

For California residents able to travel this month and are able to work out airfare, the Celebrity websight is offering the following pricing on the Millennium, August 29, 2008, Seward to Vancouver, for an Inside Cabin (Category 9) on Vista Deck. Pricing may work for other states.

Single pricing is:

SubtotalCruise:639.00Fuel Supplement:70.00Taxes:119.17Total Price:828.17

Jack

OMG....that is dirt cheap:) hollar out to any CALIF folks!

828.17:D wow...wow.....and there are cabin choices available

as well!

I have a $250 deposit on a "future" NCL cruise which is due to expire this November (to make reservation; can cruise up to a year afterwards). Anyone aware of any upcoming NCL cruises with good single-rate deals? Particularly interested in Canada/New England but also open to other "not-the-usual" itineraries.

Thanks!

I have a $250 deposit on a "future" NCL cruise which is due to expire this November (to make reservation; can cruise up to a year afterwards). Anyone aware of any upcoming NCL cruises with good single-rate deals? Particularly interested in Canada/New England but also open to other "not-the-usual" itineraries.

Thanks!

The NCL Spirit (10/18/08) repo cruise:

Sat- Oct18New York (Manhattan), NY 4:00pm

Sun - Oct19At Sea

Mon - Oct20At Sea

Tue - Oct21Samana, Dominican Republic 10:00am6:00pm

Wed - Oct22St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 9:00am8:00pm

Thu - Oct23At Sea

Fri - Oct24Aruba 8:00am5:00pm

Sat - Oct25At Sea

Sun - Oct26At Sea

Mon - Oct27Belize City, Belize 8:00am6:00pm

Tue - Oct28Roatan, Honduras 8:00am6:00pm

Wed - Oct29Cozumel, Mexico 9:30am6:00pm

Thu - Oct30At Sea

Fri - Oct31New Orleans, LA 8:00am

has a 0% singles supplement! Some sites are offering other incentives as obc and another discount for past passengers. I got a BD balcony for $1660 (solo) and my friend got an inside (JJ) for under $1000. Not bad for 13 days.

While there are most are "the same old" ports, there are a few different ones and a different itinerary in general. We've got a fun M&G going on: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15891585#post15891585

There are a number of NCL cruises with 0% supplement, so if interested in specific, check out the cost with single rate chosen and you might be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, we'd love to have you join us :)

Nancy

Thanks!

Someone just posted on the NCL board with 8 repo cruises this fall that have no single supplement. It also gives the Promo Code to use. Go there and see what you find. I'm bummed because I already booked on one of those cruises and had to pay the supplement :-( I'm going to see if I can get any back in either cash or OBC.

If you can cruise soon, Celebrity Millennium has super prices (around $100 per day) for Alaska sailings Sept. 5, and 12.

That's a great price for 5 Star Millennium.

Also good prices for Oct. 6, 11 days Ensenada to Hawaii.

And Oct. 17, 16 day Hawaii to New Zealand, via Tahiti.

Now is the time of year for cruise deals, we should be seeing more posts here.

Check out the Carnival Elation HALLOWEEN cruise, sailing Oct. 31st from San Diego.

This is a unique cruise, the only one like it: 6 nights, 2.5 sea days, and 3 ports: Cabo San Lucas, La Paz (only on this cruise), and Ensenada (the 1/2 sea day).

I got it for a good price, thru Carnival.

Hi All,

I thought this would be a good place to post these sailings that don't have single supplements, now I see that you have discovered them on the other board. Well, so you don't have to go looking....

Ask for PROMO CODE PGSGL100

SHIP SAILING DATE ITINERARY CRUISE DAYS

Dawn 11/02/08 Repo: NY – MIA 13 days

Jewel 09/17/08 Repo: Transatlantic 11days

Jewel 10/28/08 Repo: NY – MIA 12days

Majesty11/01/08 Repo: PHL – CHS 14days

Sun 09/14/08 Repo: VAN – SFO 7days

Sun 11/04/08 Repo: SFO – VAP 19days

Spirit 10/18/08 Repo: NY - New Orleans 13days

Star 09/21/08 Repo: VAN – LAX 6days

Archived