CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

:eek: That's a STEAL! I'm going to search it right now!! I thought my RCL AOS 7-day balcony under $1200 was good..... YOURS IS AMAZING!

Nancy

Must be the senior rate. I've got one more year til I get senior discount. :D

I got the same deal on the same cruise. In fact by continually checking on the price I spotted a drop in the price and got a further $300 off it. The price went back up since.

I think that the cruise company that offered this cruise do not charge 100% supplements anyway. And as it is a repositioning cruise it is well worth checking out.

There are still places left.

Do any of you get offered better deals if you book while on a cruise?

I know they offer deals that are not always available on the ship but what about us solo folks?

Thanks.

K

I booked my next cruise (Empress Of The Seas) while on a TA in April. The deal is $100 onboard credit on the new cruise. As it happens I just sent an email to RCCL yesterday with a query. Two friends of mine booked at the same time, similar category and got $100 OBC each. Given that I paid a full 100% extra supplement I figure that I have paid for 2 people so should get $100 x 2 OBC - like my friends did. I'm waiting for RCCL to get back to me.

Hi Gary:) I would love to know if Royal gives you extra credit...

but I seriously doubt it.

I sail Celebrity (owned by Royal) and have never received

additional credits.

Good luck to you.

I booked on the Feb. cruise('09) and I didn't get offered the onboard credit or the champagne...how do I get that deal??

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would pass along a pretty good solo deal that I just booked. It's the Carnival Splendor 17 day South America cruise sailing on Jan. 31, 2009. I know it's still a looong ways off, but the early bird gets the worm!:D

A 1A grty. is costing me $1696.00 total. Included is $100 onboard credit as well as champagne and chocolates in cabin. Under a hundred bucks a day for a solo on a new ship with a unique itinerary is not bad in my book.:)

Tony.

Hi everyone!

Lois- I know, one of these days we will just have to put our minds to it and pick a cruise and date to travel. It would be great share a few more laughs and some great martini's with you.:D

cjcruiser27- I booked with an agency that has group space on this cruise. Unfortunately, can't say the name here on the boards.

Patty- Correct, no airfare included. I am hoping to have enough miles for an award ticket by then. If not, Carnival's airfare will run me $1100.:eek:

Tony.

I am booked on the Empress of the Sea's next to last 11 night sailing next February. I booked thru a travel agency with a girlfriend who is a member. I am not sure they are a full fledged agency or more of a travel club. But I do know I got a terrific price (group rate) for the balcony I wanted. And it turned out that my balcony was recently the same balcony as a trip report I read. That made my selection all the more sweeter.

So anyway, back to what I was saying, Im wondering if in the long run its cheaper to book thru a group rather than the cruise line directly as a solo traveller to get the best rates. Grant it I probably won't get the on-board ship credit but that is much less than the per cabin discount I got.

What does everyone else say? Oh, and I turned down RCCL's cruise air fare, $608 rt to San Juan. I got it on my own for $310 rt. And Im one of those that need to wake up in the city Im sailing from.

Of course, Im taking a quickie labor day cruise and am flying down same day so here's hoping my nerves hold out.

K

i just booked a balcony suite on RCCL's - AOS for 1100.00 as a single for the 30sep sailing

David

I loved our AOS. We rented a Jeep on Aruba right at the dock and had a fantastic time. Rented a car on Curacao and went touring there as well. Watch for the small parrots in the trees. I would go again in a heartbeat by myself. Have a wonderful time...I'll be on a "shortie" to the Bahamas just to take care of the addiction for a while.

I can definitely relate!!!

I got a moon burn on that beach.. hubby went out waste deep and all of a sudden.. no pants!!

only part a bit intimidating was going to the bar at the beach where the only thing the bartender was wearing was her smile!!

K

ps We did run into our cruise director there.. hahahahahaha what a memory

i just booked a balcony suite on RCCL's - AOS for 1100.00 as a single for the 30sep sailing

David

David, HI!

I got the same deal on a balcony :D for the sep 16 AOS cruise. We've got about 38 people for our meet and mingle, 5 of which are singles! Feel free to check out our thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=11180699#post11180699 -- maybe you'll want to switch :p

Either way congrats on a GREAT DEAL!

Nancy

it sounds like you'll have a great time, but cant switch mom would kill me if i miss the holiday. your theard also looks better then mine too. But no matter what cruise tour on its a great time.

let me khow how your cruise was when you get back

David

I booked my next cruise (Empress Of The Seas) while on a TA in April. The deal is $100 onboard credit on the new cruise. As it happens I just sent an email to RCCL yesterday with a query. Two friends of mine booked at the same time, similar category and got $100 OBC each. Given that I paid a full 100% extra supplement I figure that I have paid for 2 people so should get $100 x 2 OBC - like my friends did. I'm waiting for RCCL to get back to me.

Wilde, did you get the credit? Has RCI even responded, with anything other than a form letter "while we recognize you paid 200%, we blah blah blah..." :)

I'm getting really excited about my upcoming Hawaii cruise, for which I paid MORE THAN 200% (go figure that).

BTW, I love your photo ... immensely intriguing.

I'm getting really excited about my upcoming Hawaii cruise, for which I paid MORE THAN 200% (go figure that). /quote]

Ryan, enjoy your POA Hawaiian cruise. I did that one in May and loved every minute of it. The ship isn't too fancy, but the destination is fabulous! For some strange reason, the A/C malfunctioned in some of the cabins on the ship during most of my cruise. Fortunately, I was one of the lucky ones who did have A/C. But I loved the itinerary so much that I'm thinking of repeating it again next spring. Aloha!:D

--Deb

I noticed tonight that the Norweigan Sun 9/29/07 10 day Hawaii; HNL to Ensenada for a solo had dropped back down to around $650 inside without insurance. I got it a few months ago for $550 but then the price doubled for a few months.

This is probably their last attempt to fill it up for anyone that can cruise at the last minute.

thanks for the update Blazer Fan. I also see that NCL reservations will be down all weekend! did you notice any other bargains before the reservation system shuts down?

No. I was just checking a few particular cruises I've been watching. I didn't realize the system was scheduled to go down this weekend. I always use the old web site instead of the new one. IMHO it is so much easier to use than the new one until they get all the bugs out of it.

Hi,

RCCL has a ocean view (Category I/obstructed view) single cabin price of $337 right now for their Dec 3 and Dec 10 (4 night) sailings. That's with the 55 or over discount applied. They add about $30 if you're under 55.

You can get some OBC's if you book through a particular TA (to remain unnamed!!!) but even without the incentives, the price seems pretty good to me for 4 nights. It sails from Miami and goes to Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West, returning to Miami. Departs Mondays at 5 p.m. and returns Friday at 8 a.m.

For those of you who've traveled solo more than I have, is that a reasonably good price?

Kathy Q

I noticed tonight that the Norweigan Sun 9/29/07 10 day Hawaii; HNL to Ensenada for a solo had dropped back down to around $650 inside without insurance. I got it a few months ago for $550 but then the price doubled for a few months.

This is probably their last attempt to fill it up for anyone that can cruise at the last minute.

Wow it's a great price today but the air fare for me at this stage......:( .... cancels out all the benefits.

Where do you fly home from- Ensenada? or is it far to go up to San Diego?

Archived