Nassau Snorkeling In Jan?

Hogladyrider

Anyone used Stuart Cove to snorkel in Nassau? Their web site looks good. Would love to snorkel in Nassau when we stop there the end of January on Elation.

Any recommendations? Any pros or cons? Is the snorkeling worth it, how does it compare to Cozumel, Florida Keys etc.

How can I find out what the water temperature might be in January?

Thanks.

Anyone used Stuart Cove to snorkel in Nassau? Their web site looks good. Would love to snorkel in Nassau when we stop there the end of January on Elation.

Any recommendations? Any pros or cons? Is the snorkeling worth it, how does it compare to Cozumel, Florida Keys etc.

Thanks.

In Nassau we went to Blackbeard's treasure beach/snorkel. There were no fish and all I saw was sand. I would not recommend doing this one. Unfortuantely, I do not know about Stuart Cove.

The water temperature when i went on Elation (12/18 - 12/23) was a little chilly but not bad at all.

Thanks.

Hi, I First time cruise on the CCL Fasination 1/19 yeah.. I would like to try snokeling but wondering will it be too cold?

DH and I used Stuart Coves and I thought it was fantastic! THey take you to three seperate snorkel locations! I really enjoyed the shark snorkel. You don't have to do it if you feel uncomfortable but we went out and held onto a rope attached to the boat. They chummed the water below...it was sooo cool! After you're in they chum the water and you see fins all over the place. Wish I had had my camera ready for this. They are caribbean reef sharks and they are actually helping their survival by doing this. They were right on time with picking us up and dropping us off.

• 1 month later...
DH and I used Stuart Coves and I thought it was fantastic! THey take you to three seperate snorkel locations! I really enjoyed the shark snorkel. You don't have to do it if you feel uncomfortable but we went out and held onto a rope attached to the boat. They chummed the water below...it was sooo cool! After you're in they chum the water and you see fins all over the place. Wish I had had my camera ready for this. They are caribbean reef sharks and they are actually helping their survival by doing this. They were right on time with picking us up and dropping us off.

I am really curious about the Stuart's Cove expedition. It looks amazing! Did you book in advance or on the island? I need to book today or tomorrow to be within 7 days of our arrival, but I'm just not sure. Is it easy to book on the island?

Beth,

When we went I did not book but I did call when I was in port on the island. From all i have read and a few freinds that this is one of the better exscurious for snorkeling. It was easy to book on the island she said that if I wanted to make sure i got the after noon trip that i should call by 10 am. but if you want the earlier I would suggest booking in advance or calling before you leave state side . I decided til i was on island that way if the weather was bad then i didn't have to book

Thanks.

Nassau: “Snorkel Bahamas Adventure” is a 5-½ hour trip operated by Stuart’s Cove. The boat trip is @ three hours, and visits Schoolhouse Reef, the spectacular Golden Key Reef and finally a “swim with the sharks” at ‘The Wreck of the Bahama Mama’. I have never before witnessed such a number and variety of fish as at Golden Key. There are never-ending fish, large and small, singly and in large schools. The floor is decorated with huge, magnificent coral formations of all shapes and sizes. While there, a shark cruised past our group. He obviously thought this was his ocean and didn’t know, nor care, that we weren’t scheduled for a shark encounter until after Golden Key. Surprisingly, getting in with a dozen or so sharks is not frightening. I suspect we were too caught up with their grace and magnificence to be scared. The fact that the boat captain hadn’t lost a diver in twelve years was also encouraging. This is a five star, gold medallion, prime trip, not to be missed!

Water temp in the Bahamas can be cool. You might want to buy a "Rash Guard" shirt. It not only helps keep your torso warm, but also provides some protection from the sun and little stingy things.

Archived