Disembarkation from PG

koalabear6314

Although we're not cruising on PG for another 9 months :( we were wondering about the latest time we can disembark the ship.

I seem to have read varying reports from other cc cruisers about this.

If we purchase the Regent package for the last day, do we stay on board and have lunch before transferring to the hotel, or do we transfer after breakfast and have lunch at the hotel ?

If we opt not to purchase the package can we stay on board till lunch time ?

From other cruisers that have done this option before, how early do they transfer you to the airport ? We're not leaving till the 2nd Tahiti Nui flight around 11pm, so dont want to spend hours in the airport before hand.

Any advice/opinions most welcome !

We took there package and loved that last day. i think we were taken to the radisson. We had breakfast on the ship and were on our way. We opted to have lunch at the hotel and enjoy the pool. Our flight was also at 11 and i do believe we left sometime around 630. By the time we checked in we still have a couple of hours to kill. But the hotel was such a wonderful end to the trip. We had a beautiful room to nap and shower in and the pool was an amazing infinity pool with a gorgeous black sand beach. If you do go with this lots of others did the city/museum tour first..from what I heard big waste of time.

Any other ?'s feel free to email me msheiny@yahoo.com.

We are going on the PG June 30 and also plan on taking Regent's air package. Is it worth the extra expense? Do they provide lunch for you at the hotel, or are you on your own? The paperwork says they provide brunch on the ship that day, but I wasn't sure what time frame that meant. Did you do a pre-cruise stay? If so, where did you decide to stay?

I've never found that doing air through Regent to Tahiti was expensive compared to doing it myself, but maybe your case is different, especially if you're using points I guess--if you do Regent air, then this is all included. I don't know what they charge for the package separately, so can't comment on whether it's a good deal. But you do get to stay on the ship and have lunch, then take an optional, fairly short bus tour (plus a visit to the museum), then on to the dayroom at the Radisson, or straight to the Radisson (where you can sit around the pool until the dayrooms are ready.) Later you check out and are taken to the airport. Or you could take a cab yourself (recommended, to avoid the crush checking out, and the hanging around waiting for everybody to appear on the bus.)

We did the cruie last year, had a wonderful time. This was our disembarkation day: Up and out of suite by around 9:30 a.m., had breakfast then you could leave your tagged carry on in the Grand Salon until 1:00 (large luggage was picked up previous night). We went into town for some last minute shopping, back to ship for lunch then got on a bus for the city & museum tour. My recommendation: skip it. Go straight to the Raddison, it's great. We had a beautifu suite for the rest of the day and the pool area and beach are, indeed, wonderful. I think we were then taken to the airport around 6:30 or so for our 11:00 flight back to L.A. Regent does a wonderful job it their air/land programs. You never have to worry about how your're getting where and when. Have a fab trip.

Sorry to butt in here, but maybe somebody can help.

I have checked into the post-cruise package, but can't get an answer from my travel agent or Regent about the transfer time from the hotel to the airport in my case. I'm not leaving on a flight to the USA but on one leaving at 3:30 AM.

I'm not sure if there are varied departure times from the hotel for people traveling to different destinations, or if Regent has one time everybody has to go, which is 6:30 PM. I'd rather not check out of the hotel that early, just to sit around the airport for 7 more hours. Even if I made my own transportation arrangements, I might not be able to use the room past midnight.

Does anybody recall seeing any information posted by Regent or at the hotel about this for passengers not going to the USA?

Also, if I don't take the post-cruise package, can somebody answer what time would I have to get off the ship the last day?

I really appreciate the help provided here and hope somebody can answer my questions.

Thanks a lot.

Just a thought! The hotel might need the rooms for guests arriving on evening flights so that's probably why all the Regent people are shuttled to the airport at 6:30 p.m. If you can't get an answer then you might be better booking the room yourself and providing your own transport to and from the hotel. At least then you would be guaranteed the room to 11:00 a.m. or noon the next day and would not have to possibly vacate when everyone else did.

They do not throw anyone off the ship in the morning. You just need to vacate your stateroom. You will be able to stay until after lunch if you want, when they transfer the others to the pre booked hotel.

Just book yourself a hotel room , make arrangements on board ship for your transfer to the hotel , and then check out of hotel at midnight for your 3:30AM flight, and go to airport.

The hotels, the cruise, and the island is used to accomodating tourists who come and go from all over the world at the strangest times.

None of your concerns are anything unusual.

I appreciate the feedback. Sounds like I can go at my leisure until after lunch if I decide to stick around the ship a while longer on the last day.

Also, I was assuming the same thing, meaning that the post-cruise people all have to leave the hotel at 6:30 PM so those arriving pre-cruise, around maybe 9PM or so, would have rooms ready.

Just in case, I have been working with the nicest person at the Le Royal Tahitien, who has made a reservation and transfer arrangements. It's not the IC, but since I'm not sleeping the night it's sounds like a great deal. Plus the res agent has been really terrific helping me out with my sitiation.

Thanks again.

Also just off the PG 1/7, skipped the optional Papeete tour and left for the Radisson (through Regent) around 1P after a huge lunch (and the pool bar was open 10-11, go figure). We were given a huge, two story "townhouse" at the Radisson, with a fabulous view. Enjoyed the pool, and the black sand beach, which was gorgeous, but full of local kids with boards and was really too rough for me, but I still enjoyed walking the in sand and watching the kids.

We had the 11:45 flight, and indeed the departures were 8 and 810, go figure. But the earlier flight was really late, ours wasn't. Airport took a long time, but we still had about an hour to kill. Some folks opted to take their own taxi and go later (around 9P), which I think would work because they dumped so many people off at once, that is probably why it took so long.

Archived