Which is the best Florida cruise terminal?

Since we have experienced them all, I would have to throw my vote to Port Canaveral now. Just back from there a few weeks ago and it was smooth sailing in and out. While Miami is impressive with all the ships lined up, it can be hectic at times. Fort Lauderdale was OK, but small and that was 10 years ago though. We just liked parking in front of the pier, rolling the luggage up to the porter, scanning the others and waiting in line to check in. We go there at 10 am and with all the parking, security and checking in, we were on board before noon. Would have been sooner, but most of the time was waiting as they cleared the ship.

We haven't been through Cape Canaveral, so I can only compare the other two. We found the embarking and disembarking to be far easier in Ft. Lauderdale than Miami. The ports are very close to the airport, and everything was very organized. My in-laws dropped us off at the front of the terminal at 1 pm and we were onboard 15 minutes later. Disembarking was equally smooth. So, my vote has to go to Ft. Lauderdale.

Tammy

Port Canaveral hands down now that they got the check-in straightened out. Love the luggage carousels, just like at the airport. In an out with no muss and no fuss. Also far less congested area then Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

I have experienced all three and would have to say that as a pure terminal Port C is the best, easy parking good access, great luggage disbusement. Obviously your mode of getting to that terminal has an impact. If you are driving I think Miami is horrible, Ft Lauderdale tolerable and PC the easiest. If you fly in then I would have to go with Miami's since it is closer to a major airport than the other two. Just an opinon!

Monarch of the Seas (2)

Song of Norway (2)

Song of America (2)

Sovereign of the Seas (2)

Legend of the Seas (2)

Nordkapp

Sea Princess (2)

Grand Princess (2)

Sun Princess

Star Princess

Pacific Princess

Sun Viking

Nordic Prince

Viking Serenade

Grandeur of the Seas

Legend of the Seas

Norwegian Sea

"If you fly in then I would have to go with Miami's since it is closer to a major airport than the other two."

Port Everglade is the closest port to the airport of the three. And using FLL is much easier than using MIA.

in my humble opinion port canaveral stinks.

1) they have a different time every week you can get in to it for embarkation (makes it tough for those of us who get there early to enjoy the first day)

2) there are no "NICE" hotels by it

3) It does not cater toward "out of towners" as my driver pickin me up to go to the airport had to park miles away and then walk through the rain to lug me and my wife and luggage back to the car while billy bob was able to pull his pick up truck right up to the curb and hit my luggage while waiting to load his cooler of unconsummed smuggled milwakees best into the bed of it.

i will say that the terminal workers and porters are amoung the best though.

Hands down miami is the best I get to the port at 10:00 am every time I give my luggge to the porter with a nice tip I go up the escalator I wait until they call platnium members I go in I get in the lounge I get on board.

Comming out it is just reversed....

Im sure you folks who live close to canaveral think its great because it certainly seems easy for "locals" But for us who need to fly the friendly skys to come it stinks

Don't know when you were last at Port Canveral, but there is the Ron Jon Caribe next door that is very nice (from someone who is used to 5 star European hotels). As for access, our car came right up to the area where we were waiting to pick us up - no problem. Again, I dont' know when you were there last, but this was in June.

Friday through monday this past week (7-16 to 7-19)--- Where is he ron jon at??? I heard some about it but never found any info every one always talked about the radisson resort at the port which was horrible. I can tell you that the porter even told me that no commercial vehichles (limos, taxi, black cars or the like) could come curbside when our limo driver called us to confirm we were off the ship he told me the same thing so it must have changed

i think miami has the fastest and most efficient check in process i've encountered. but as one who drives to the port, i have to cast my vote for tampa. i drive up to the porters and while they unload my luggage my husband is handing the keys to the valet parking attendent. thats it,walk in no problems. the worst is the ports when you have to drive up drop off the luggage , drive back around to the parking area then hike back to the terminal. and its even worse after the cruise. one of you hike to the parking garage ( the other has to stand waiting with the luggage) and try to pull up to the terminal while all the taxis and buses are trying to load people and luggage. of course you could always drag all your luggage with you to the car. i like the valet service at tampa. are you listening miami?:D

Archived