jeans

indigo7

Regardless of opinion, Jeans shouldn't be worn to the diningroom.

Nice Jeans? Heck I'll wear my nice work boots to go with them, and maybe my nice white t-shirt with my formal ball cap......

This whole dressing down thing is a disease.

Dave:eek:

The only cruise I can think of where jeans are acceptable in dining room is the NCL Dream on cruises from Texas.

Other cruise I would say NO

Must be a Texas rule!!:D

Sad, but true! NCL told us a few days ago that they are lifting the ban on jeans in the dining room from cruises originating in Texas due to the "local culture".

IMHO, jeans of any color / style do not belong in the dining room. Go to casual dining and you'll be fine. (The OP DID ask...)

"Sad, but true! NCL told us a few days ago that they are lifting the ban on jeans in the dining room from cruises originating in Texas due to the "local culture". "

If anything I would say local LACK of culture....

Dave:eek:

i myself do not bother going to formal night because i just do not want to dress up while i am on a cruise vacation. SOME people are just too "SNOOTY " at those things anyway.

I think it is just having good manner's and being respectful to your fellow cruiser's and adhering to the cruise lines suggested guidelines.

My cruise from Galveston was the dressiest I have ever been on. The ship was maybe 50% Black-slash-African American. They dressed to the nines, male and female, old and young, and were a lot of fun. I didn't see any cowboy boot and jeans wearing stereotypical Texans... although there was a sickening amount of Proud to be an American, God Bless the USA activity in the crowd at one of the shows. I'm proud, God bless, etc., but it was really pro-war in Iraq. Just made me so sad!

I think it is just having good manner's and being respectful to your fellow cruiser's and adhering to the cruise lines su

ggested guidelines.

i dont disagree, but some people just seem to have to jump dont some poor guys throat just for asking a simple question about what is acceptable to wear for dining. would it be better to not even inquire and just show up wearing something that is going to piss everyone off. some people on these boards are exactly like that, they reply with totally smartassed comments instead of informing the poster properly. i agree that you should abide with the cruiselines regulations and so i choose not to attend the formal events, and i am fine with that.

I am one of those people who buy a different outfit for each night of my cruise, such as cute little sundresses (of course not for formal night). I enjoy dressing like that, but I must say it wouldn't bother me if someone wore jeans in the dining room. ITS YOUR VACATION!!! As long as you aren't offending someone, do what you want. I know there are guidelines for what to wear in the dining hall and thats great. I can honestly tell you I really never notice what other people are wearing, its diner afterall not a fashion show! Also, my cabin attendent told me that the first night on a cruise is "come as you are" in the dining room. Have fun!

on the CB in jan, and wanted to know if you can wear denim to the dining rooms? if you were to wear nice jeans and a fancy top would that be ok for smart causal nights? what kind of drinks are free with meals?

There is a big misconception in differentiating (business/ country club/ smart) casual vs. informal. For the record, jeans are considered informal wear not casual. Examples:

(1)

Casual Attire

Women

· Khaki, corduroy, twill or cotton pants or skirts, neatly pressed

· Sweaters, twinsets, cardigans, polo/knit shirts

· Solid colors work better than bright patterns

Men

· Khaki, gabardine or cotton pants, neatly pressed

· Cotton long-sleeved button-down shirts, pressed, polo shirts or knit shirts with a collar

· Sweaters

· Leather shoes and belt

(2)

"Smart casual" is a more relaxed, yet professional look. Pressed

pants, a collared shirt, and clean, matching accessories. A sport coat

will add a touch of class to a casual look. Avoid jeans, sneakers and

T-shirts.

(3)

The style: Business casual has come to take on a variety of meanings -- most of which are misconceptions. Society has constructed this term to mean "anything other than a suit and tie." That's why it's not poor Larry's fault when he shows up to his meeting with the execs in jeans and a concert T.

So, what does "business casual" actually mean? Think of it this way: no jeans, no ties. Anything in between this spectrum is acceptable -- provided the outfit is assembled properly. From khakis and slacks to dress shirts and sweaters, you should be able to build enough of a varied wardrobe that'll impress the whole business casual boardroom.

Some, like the OP, ask a legitimate question due to not understanding the difference. Others may take it to the extreme by interpreting their own version of the rules.

The bottom line is that people will end up wearing whatever they feel like wearing.

on the CB in jan, and wanted to know if you can wear denim to the dining rooms? if you were to wear nice jeans and a fancy top would that be ok for smart causal nights? what kind of drinks are free with meals?

Nice jeans and a fancy top will be perfectly fine on casual nights. I know what you mean about "nice" jeans; a lot of people don't seem able to differentiate. And on OUR RCI cruise this summer, there were "formal" nights and "casual" nights - didn't say business casual, didn't say resort casual or smart casual; just casual. The jeans I wear to mow the yard are not the same jeans I wear to meet my friends for dinner, and THOSE are not the same jeans I wore with my heels and a jacket on my cruise -- on CASUAL night. There's a difference. Believe me, I was one of the better dressed on casual night. Anyway, drinks that are free with meals would be milk, water, tea, coffee and lemonade. I think that's all, I may be missing something. And it's tap water, not bottled water, that's free.

Let the fun begin...

icon_popcorn.gif

I know, I keep waiting for the fun to begin but just maybe I squeaked by on this one!

Have to say that I loved your state. We stayed in Galveston for two nights before. We had a great time. We got back two days before Katrina and a few weeks before Rita- our hotel was the one right behind the CNN guys the whole time.

Trying to think of what "CB" is. Carnival Bensation? Caribbean Brincess? Help me out here.

CB is the accepted designation for Caribbean Princess. It helps differentiate it from Coral Princess. Pretty simple when you think about it.

Of course I'm sure that there are folks on this board that are so against jeans that they would think it stands for Country Bumpkin.

thanks for all the imput. the boat is the carribean princess. i think i will wear my nice jeans one night that is casual and see what happens.

Ahhhhh, a person with class. Totally ignored all the smartass comments and responded with grace to the rest.

I tip my hat to you.

Archived