Nebulizer on Conquest

TexanCrew

One of our children is on medication to prevent asthma attacks. He rarely needs a nebulizer, but it would be good to have access to one just in case. Do you know if a nebulizer is available onboard (if we bring our own tubing, etc.), or should we pack one? They're pretty heavy...but worth it, if needed.

Our son also has asthma and we carry his nebulizer machine and meds for it with us whenever we travel. Last year our doctor wrote a presciption for a small hand held neb machine (so our insurance would pay for part of it) boy is it nice - you can find them in any medical supply store.

One of our children is on medication to prevent asthma attacks. He rarely needs a nebulizer, but it would be good to have access to one just in case. Do you know if a nebulizer is available onboard (if we bring our own tubing, etc.), or should we pack one? They're pretty heavy...but worth it, if needed.

Definitely bring one, my son ended up in the infirmary, and had to get

2 treatments and steriods orally. cost me 200.00, and I am still

waiting on the insurance to reimburse me

Yeah , that was the glory Oct. 7 , I sent in what carnival gave me Which

as basically a recipt for services, sent it in to blue cross blue shield, They

requested more info., so I called guest relations and had to fax an

authorization to obtain more medical records from carnival, recieved that

about 3 weeks ago and sent it in to bcbs and I am still waiting to get

it processed:confused: but next Oct. I wll be bringing the nebulizer:)

Since the infirmary is only open about 2 hours a day, I'd bring my own. Asthma is pretty scary, and I'd hate to depend on the ship's doctor to provide one for me.

Definitely make sure the medical staff are aware of his condition though. In the event of any sort of emergency, you don't want to waste time explaining anything to them.

The smaller portable unit sounds wonderful. Good luck to you!

Yeah , that was the glory Oct. 7 , I sent in what carnival gave me Which

as basically a recipt for services, sent it in to blue cross blue shield, They

requested more info., so I called guest relations and had to fax an

authorization to obtain more medical records from carnival, recieved that

about 3 weeks ago and sent it in to bcbs and I am still waiting to get

it processed:confused: but next Oct. I wll be bringing the nebulizer:)

Oh, I see! You didn't have trip insurance and are trying to file with your personal health insurance.

Could someone give me a link to a portable unit? It would be a good idea for my mom to carry her machine, but her unit is also large. We use to have a nebulizer, but lost it in a fire. :(

I am a Respiratory Therapist, How old is your son would he be able to use a Metered Dose Inhaler? You could carry it with you even when off ship, in case he gets into trouble and you can't get back in time.

Our son is almost 13 and an asthmatic. He rarely has a severe episode although he almost always has a mild episode with any cold. We bring his inhaler when we travel. Is your child old enough to use an inhaler? They make spacers for younger kids but I think they need to be around 5 to use the inhaler with the spacer.

Our son is almost 13 and an asthmatic. He rarely has a severe episode although he almost always has a mild episode with any cold. We bring his inhaler when we travel. Is your child old enough to use an inhaler? They make spacers for younger kids but I think they need to be around 5 to use the inhaler with the spacer.

Our son is 11, and his trigger is usually large particulates (fields being cleared by burning, etc.). We have an albuterol inhaler with a spacer, but our experience is that it isn't nearly as effective (maybe comforting?) as the nebulizer with the exact same medicine. Maybe it's the slower, enforced "down time"?

nec21sm.gif

NEC-21V Portable Compressor Nebulizer

Retail Price $115.00

Our Sale Price $68.95

Here's a pic of one of the palm sized ones. Any local durable Medical Supply company would probably carry them or you can search for "portable nebulizer" online and find plenty of people happy to sell you one. *you do have to have an RX from your doc though.

Archived