NFL Playoffs on Television - Westerdam

Bluesdude

A seem to recall that the Sports Bar does NOT get the major TV networks while at sea. I was wondering however if the NFL Playoff game on Sunday 1/7/07 at 1pm would be on the TV's PRIOR to leaving port???

Alternatively, is there a Bar in the port area (Port Everglades) where I could catch at least part of this game??

GO PATRIOTS!!!!

Thanks

This was one of the questions asked during a Q&A session with the Hotel Manager with regard to major sporting events. The answer was that HALs practice is to buy the event to be carried on board. That may or may not apply to the play off games, it does apply to the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Playoffs; so it may be possible. You may want to call Ship's Services and speak with the ship's coordinator, pehaps he/she could give you the official answer.

3 years ago we were on the Amsterdam during the NFL playoffs and we were able to watch the games in the Sports Bar and in the theatre! That was 3 years ago, so I cannot say if HAL will still "buy" those games or not.

Glad we're sailing after the playoffs and SuperBowl. Wouldn't want to miss seeing the Chargers and LT go all the way..:D (We, in SD, have hosted the BIG GAME, but never won. This year we are hopeful!)

It can get rather uncomfortable in the ship's sports bar when folks are ready for a playoff game and billards comes on...been there and seen that.

We once watched a Charger game in a small bar in Zihuatanejo--LOTS of us!!!

We were on the Zuiderdam for playoffs three years ago and they showed the playoff games in the movie theater. It was a lot of fun as they provided popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, etc. along with selling beer, etc. I am counting on it again this year as we will be on board for the Super Bowl and we are counting on the Ravens being there!!!

I called Ship Services and learned that the AFC/NFC games will be shown on the Noordam. I'm sure they will be shown on the entire HAL Fleet. The reprentative I spoke with said they get a lot of calls regarding these football games.

Ahh..steaming to the tropics and watching playoff football..what else do you need?!:D

Let's Go JETS!!!

Jonathan

You said it!!! Go Ravens!!!

We were on the Zuiderdam for playoffs three years ago and they showed the playoff games in the movie theater. It was a lot of fun as they provided popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, etc. along with selling beer, etc. I am counting on it again this year as we will be on board for the Super Bowl and we are counting on the Ravens being there!!!

I called Ship Services and learned that the AFC/NFC games will be shown on the Noordam. I'm sure they will be shown on the entire HAL Fleet. The reprentative I spoke with said they get a lot of calls regarding these football games.

Ahh..steaming to the tropics and watching playoff football..what else do you need?!:D

Let's Go JETS!!!

Jonathan

Is this all the playoff games or just the championships (if you know). Would be awesome to have the playoff games and see the San Diego Chargers while we cruise to Mexico! :D

Is this all the playoff games or just the championships (if you know). Would be awesome to have the playoff games and see the San Diego Chargers while we cruise to Mexico! :D

I specifically asked if all the playoff games would be shown and the HAL Ships Services Representative I spoke with said "Yes, all the games." So a toast to you and the Chargers sailing to Mexico from a die-hard Jets fan cruising to the Caribbean.

Jonathan

There will be so many of us from NY, NJ and New England on our January 6th cruise that I hope they show the AFC game between the Jets and Patriots in the Queen's Lounge. I am sure there will be a lot of interest in this game and the Sports Bar is very small.

G O P A T S ! !

So here is our frightening thought...we leave for Hawaii on SUPERBOWL Sunday!!

Our departure time is 5PM. But we haven't yet received our DOCS so not sure when we can board.

Will we be able to see OUR Chargers BEAT UP on whoever they are playing??

Ship leaves from San Diego which is the good news as we live in San Diego county...

Does anybody have any suggestions or soothing thoughts?

GO CHARGERS!

Archived