Mexico or Carribean?

BalletDad

Hi all,

DD's (16 and 14) and I are looking to go cruising in June after school gets out. Aug. '05 we sailed on the Pride and had a fantastic time (we live in So. Cal). Now I'm pondering doing the Pride again or giving the Caribbean a try. I'd appreciate any and all advice on ports/ships/weather in Late June etc. etc. Not really concerned about flying to MIA but if the Caribb. doesn't have any great any advantages over Mexico then I'd rather not deal with it.

Thanks for the comments!

Fritz

I love the carribean... the the airfare can really put a damper on the trip. Also, you lose two days traveling in an airport. Have you considered the Spirit out of San Diego...?

I've sailed the Pride a couple years ago, and will be sailing her again in May. Can't beat the price... and the convienence.

But if money was not an object... then I'd choose the Carribean every time.

1st choice: Carribean.

2nd choice: Carribean.

3rd choice: Mexican Riviera

I love the carribean... the the airfare can really put a damper on the trip. Also, you lose two days traveling in an airport. Have you considered the Spirit out of San Diego...?

I've sailed the Pride a couple years ago, and will be sailing her again in May. Can't beat the price... and the convienence.

But if money was not an object... then I'd choose the Carribean every time.

1st choice: Carribean.

2nd choice: Carribean.

3rd choice: Mexican Riviera

Hi all,

DD's (16 and 14) and I are looking to go cruising in June after school gets out. Aug. '05 we sailed on the Pride and had a fantastic time (we live in So. Cal). Now I'm pondering doing the Pride again or giving the Caribbean a try. I'd appreciate any and all advice on ports/ships/weather in Late June etc. etc. Not really concerned about flying to MIA but if the Caribb. doesn't have any great any advantages over Mexico then I'd rather not deal with it.

Thanks for the comments!

Fritz

Caribbean is nice. Mexico (Gulf of Mexico) is cool to.

If you have never done the Carib....go for it.

Or...north to Alaska......That was a song, wasn't it ?

If you are on any ship to anywhere...who cares.....:D

There are some great ports in the Cabib...just depends on what you are looking for. Shopping...activities....tours....it is up to you.

Here on Cruise Critic there are many ways to find out what you are looking for. With the two kids it might be best to lok at the ports of call threads and go from there on the Carib.

The nice thing about summer time in the Carib is that alot of ships have relocated to Europe...Alaska and elsewhere. The ports are not as crowded.

Archived