Yes, yet ANOTHER formal question!! Help!

bythehex

Sorry for yet another formal question, but here goes. :o

I've been organizing my clothes for our August 1st sailing on Explorer Of The Seas. I have two formals I was going to bring, one is a light weight Jessica McClintock (long) gown. It's sleeveless, the top is kind of sparkly and the bottom is a brushed cotton in navy. The other dress I have comes down to my ankles. It's purely black lace with a black underdress which is attached.

My husband knows I habitually overpack, so has been trying to talk me into only taking one formal for both formal nights. What do you think?? He claims nobody will know the difference and even if they did, who cares?

I do have a black chiffon shawl that I can wear one night to "change" the look of the formal. It would go with either dress. I'm not sure what to do.:confused: :confused:

I need opinions, please. I appreciate your help.:)

Sharon H.

I never let my husband make any packing decisions for me. He only gets to say whether he likes something on me, or not. If we left the decisions up to the husbands, we would only get to bring two pair of shoes.

Will you be comfortable in the same dress both nights? Some people are but I wouldn't be. I also wouldn't think anything of it if you wore it twice except that you packed light!

Hi:) its only me...no hubby or SO here....but I have to agree with the other gals...if you can fit both, take them:D....for me, its just more fun wearing 2 different formal outfits..:)

I agree with the others, it's about what makes you feel best. I would not feel good wearing the same gown twice. No one else might notice, but I would and I want to feel special. Most men don't seem to understand this. They wear the same tux and feel OK about it! My husband wears the same tux, but wants different accessories, so he is not wearing the same thing twice, or three times or more if it is a longer cruise.

It is not about what other people notice or don't notice. It is about what makes the event special for you and what makes you feel good.

If it was me, I always take a different gown for each formal night.

Linda :)

No one will point and stare if you wear the same one twice, but I say bring them both! Neither sounds like it will take up a ton of room and they both sound pretty.

Like HappyKS said, if we left it up to our husbands we'd only be bringing two pairs of shoes. Eeeek.

Thank you everyone!! That's what I originally thought, that I would bring both. You're right - they don't take up all that much room, and even if other people didn't notice, I would know it was the same dress. I can wear the same shoes with both, so there's my compromise!

He almost had me doubting myself there for a minute. What was I thinking??!! :confused: :o LOL!

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!:)

Sharon H.

Another good reason to bring both formal dresses is the pictures. Wouldn't you want pictures (either pictures you have a fellow passenger or crew member take of you or the posed pictures from the ships' photographers) in both outfits?

T

Archived