Which beach in Zihatanejo/Ixtapa

mattR

Which beach in Zihatanejo/Ixtapa would be best for my family. Me and my wife and our son(9) and daughter(4) Would like something nice that isn't hard to get too but also isn't crwaling with vendors? Only have a couple hours so needs to be fairly close to the cruise dock. Thanks for any help!

after you get off the tender, take a water taxi to las gatas beach. about 5minutes,,

its beautiful.... and great for kids, the water is shallow and not rough,

you can snorkel. ride banana boats. swim or whatever, not to many vendors come there since its only accessible by boat,

theres resturants with lounge chairs you can use for no charge, they were all so friendly there,,, its a nice place,

heres a link to some of our pics

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555967401BpRTpu

i think las gatas is page 7 and 8...our daughter who is 6 loved it ,,, the water was the nicest ive seen in the mexican riveria,,,

in cabo go to medano beach by water taxi,, a lot of vendors though, or lovers beach not any vendors, but no resturants or bathrooms,,,

you drive it all by yourself,, and do whatever you want,, its pretty cool, we have one at home, so my husband does all the tricks,,

but its safe, the water isnt real rough there, and its not real touristy like most mexico ports..

Be very careful about those "cove like" beaches in Zihatanejo and all of Mexico. The bacteria and trash don't easily get washed out and tent to stay near shore. Last April on the Mercury our 4 table mates all get very sick after snorkeling at one near the pier in Zihatanejo. Later (after missing two days of the cruise in bed) they told me they thought something might be wrong as there were dead chickens in the water. They were from Canada and new to Mexico.

Really enjoyed your pictures. Looks like a nice place to spend a day. Thanks for posting. Bucky

youre welcome,,,

it is a very nice place, i wish more ships offered it on their itenerary.

and like the other poster said, there isnt good swimming or snorkeling by the pier, it is a lil dirty. thats why it is best to take the water taxi to las gatas, i didnt see anything dirty in the water at all, not even cigarette butts or anything, it was very clean,

REAL SALTY though... LOL....

• 1 month later...
you drive it all by yourself,, and do whatever you want,, its pretty cool, we have one at home, so my husband does all the tricks,,

but its safe, the water isnt real rough there, and its not real touristy like most mexico ports..[/quote

I was wondering if the sea doo rental place is right at the beach? DH and I are trying to figure out what to do at this port. DH is more at ease to venture out on our own. I prefer ship sponsored excursions. But I have been reading all of the reviews on this board and I am starting to feel much more at ease. We are not experienced travelers, so I feel some what out of my own comfort zone. But all of you on this board offer great info, it is helping a lot on deciding to get at it on our own.

but its safe, the water isnt real rough there, and its not real touristy like most mexico ports..[/quote

I was wondering if the sea doo rental place is right at the beach? DH and I are trying to figure out what to do at this port. DH is more at ease to venture out on our own. I prefer ship sponsored excursions. But I have been reading all of the reviews on this board and I am starting to feel much more at ease. We are not experienced travelers, so I feel some what out of my own comfort zone. But all of you on this board offer great info, it is helping a lot on deciding to get at it on our own.

theres people at the beach at las gatas they have the jetskis banana boats, snorkel gear or whatever you want, its not real touristy like cabo, but its all there, you will love that beach its so nice.

have a great time,sorry it took me a while to answer your question i wasnt looking at this thread until now..

take care and have a great cruise

Melissa

theres people at the beach at las gatas they have the jetskis banana boats, snorkel gear or whatever you want, its not real touristy like cabo, but its all there, you will love that beach its so nice.

have a great time,sorry it took me a while to answer your question i wasnt looking at this thread until now..

take care and have a great cruise

Melissa

Melissa,

Thank you for all the great info. :)

Melissa,

Thank you for all the great info. :)

anytime.... email if you have any other questions,.,,

To the other poster,, I believe i saw some people parasailing, im not sure where they went to do that, i dont think there was any at las gatas offering that , i could be wrong, but it doesnt seem like it, they must have been at another main beach there,

Melissa

Another option is to walk down past the open air market. There is a pretty walkway that will take you to a nice beach with several resteraunts where you can swim. We did the walk but then went to another beach. I spoke with others who said it was nice.

You could also catch a cab to la Ropa Beach for $5 each way. Its farther down. Thats what we did. It was nice. But not for snorkeling.

Another option is to walk down past the open air market. There is a pretty walkway that will take you to a nice beach with several resteraunts where you can swim. We did the walk but then went to another beach. I spoke with others who said it was nice.

You could also catch a cab to la Ropa Beach for $5 each way. Its farther down. Thats what we did. It was nice. But not for snorkeling.

Archived