Help Please

cruisin4fun323

Well, I guess the Doubletree had a fire/death and is closed now until March. We had our room for the night before our Feb 3rd cruise booked and now in need of a new hotel. Is anyone familiar with Key Lodge on Duval looks simple but convenient, Marriot close to Doubletree, or the Inn looks beautiful but no free shuttles anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated!!!:D :D Southern Most had no rooms that we needed available, Crown Plaza almost 400.00 for the night.

We were booked for the DT in February for a few nights:(

They might open sooner, but it doesn't look good at this point. There is a Sheraton nearby, not sure if they run a shuttle. Lots of B&B's near downtown. You might want to try the Key West forum at TripAdvisor for suggestions. We always stay at the DT in Key West so I can't help much with other suggestions.

thanks you guys I will look them up. I see Aqua you live there how fun is that!!!!!:D

I've grown to love the island atmosphere. I live a few islands up from KW on an island called Summerland Key. It's a true paradise. It just sucks to see the cruise ships everyday and not be on them! :)

I live in the apartments next door to the Double Tree and the police tape is still up...such a tradgedy.

There is also a line of chain hotels along Roosevelt that offer shuttles. Places like Holiday Inn, Radisson, etc. These might be cheaper than the downtown hotels actually. I guess it would be nice to be downtown, but Key West is only a 7mi by 4mi island, so it isn't like you are so "far away" if you stay on the Roosevelt stripe. :o

I guess it would be nice to be downtown, but Key West is only a 7mi by 4mi island, so it isn't like you are so "far away" if you stay on the Roosevelt stripe. :o

Wow! Erica, It's not too often a hear a woman exaggerate size! :D:D:D KW is only 4 x 1.5. ;)

:D Well, Aqua glad to hear the life is great there, would love to retire there in about 20 years :D. I can imagine it is awful looking at that tape everyday.We have booked a place called The Inn, rooms were at 300.00 for the night same as Double they have a shuttle to Duval until midnight just not one from the airport. It seemed to look nice and when I called staff was pretty friendly. My friends were looking into the Blue Marlin Motel a block off of Duval but can't find any info so that scares me a bit. :eek:

My friends were looking into the Blue Marlin Motel a block off of Duval but can't find any info so that scares me a bit. :eek:

The Blue Marlin is a cheaper priced motel. It shares a pool with the Bestern Western Hibiscus. About the only good thing about the Blue Marlin is it's location. You might want to stay with The Inn. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Aqua, webegone and cruisemom, I was kinda thinking the same thing since there was no info on it really. I am thinking the Inn is the best as well a little further away but they do give us a free shuttle to Duval until midnight!:D I'll try not to drink too much so we can find the shuttle but I am sure it will be funnnnnnn;) 2 weeks I will be there and leave this 20 degree weather.

• 2 weeks later...

I would try any site that lets you browse the B & B's. There are so many good B&B's around town that i'm sure you could find something. They're great because most of them are in Old Town & you can walk to everything from them. Personally, I doubt I'd stay in a chain hotel here.:rolleyes:

I would try any site that lets you browse the B & B's. There are so many good B&B's around town that i'm sure you could find something. They're great because most of them are in Old Town & you can walk to everything from them. Personally, I doubt I'd stay in a chain hotel here.:rolleyes:

For guest houses, I recommend the Curry House, at the corner of Fleming and William. www.curryhousekeywest.com It's private, quiet, and has a great location, staff and amenities, including an awesome pool.

• 3 weeks later...

The Inn was AWESOME very nice and beautiful!!! Had a terrible time getting to Miami will not fly in to Key West again. Ended up having to rush to the airport to catch a flight as we had problems with the shuttle that was supposed to pick us up. We made it and had a blast the Triumph is great. Met a couple guys at the Miami airport for those of you that live in Key West he is opening up a toy shop by Mallory Square friendly people from the Keys I must say.:D Thanks to everyone that gave me input before we left!!!!

Archived