Hotels pre cruise out of miami

shebring02lx

Was curious to know if anyone can point me in a good direction. I am looking for a place to lay my head the night before my next cruise. We are porting out of Miami. Looking for a hotel that possibily shuttles to the port? When we stayed at Port Canaveral we were able to do this through the Raddison... was curious to know where my fellow cruisers have stayed?

Thanks in advance

Heather

Fountaine Bleu is magnificant. It's actually in Miami beach but I'm pretty sure they offer a shuttle service. Lot's of history there, beautiful views. Mobsters, Frank Sinatra, Ricky and Lucy, everyone has stayed there. They have an excellent show too.

i stayed at the holiday inn port of miami a few months ago. It was very nice but you have to take a cab to the port...which was no big deal....there's quite a bit to do around the hotel too if you have a few hours to kill.

In May 2006, We cruised out of Miami and stay @ Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It in a great location. Walking distance to tons of restaurants and entertainment, no need for cabs or rental car and for the the short ride to the port the next morning we shared a van with a bunch of other cruisers. If I cruise out of Miami again, I'll be sure to stay here again. I hope you have a great time. I'm jealous!!

I'm not sure if you are looking for a deal or a nice place to stay?

If you want a great place to stay, I suggest The Intercontinental.

Ask for port view and you can see all the ships. The service is exceptional to say the least. Water front walkway to Bayside Village.

And if you try priceline you can swing a great deal!

Good luck!

And quick taxi ride to the port.

We are driving down to MIA from Macon, Georgia... transportation isnt that big of a deal....

Has any of these hotels let you stay parked at the hotel for the durration of the cruise or would it just be easier for us to drive to the port with our own car?

Thanks

We are driving down to MIA from Macon, Georgia... transportation isnt that big of a deal....

Has any of these hotels let you stay parked at the hotel for the durration of the cruise or would it just be easier for us to drive to the port with our own car?

Thanks

Drive to the port with your own car. It could not be easier.

I don't like staying in the downtown area therefore I would skip the Holiday Inn. The biggest thing going for it is you can walk to that tourist trap Bayside Marketplace.

I think Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, and South Beach are much much nicer areas and you'll actually get a feel for Miami.

I think Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, and South Beach are much much nicer areas and you'll actually get a feel for Miami.

I second this! We stayed in Coconut Grove pre-cruise in November, and it was terrific! So much to see and do, we didn't want to leave. Very nice, felt very safe walking at night, neat variety of restaurants in the area. It was a $25 cab ride to the port, but it was worth every penny. We really enjoyed our stay there.

We are cruising out of Miami on the Celebrity Century on Feb 10th, arriving into Miami a day early. I booked 2 rooms through priceline at the Holiday Inn-Airport for $80 per room, actually $95 including tax. They have a shuttle from the airport to hotel and also a shuttle from hotel to the pier-WOOHOOO! Didn't think that was bad since we will arrive about 7:30pm Friday night and it is just a place to "lay your head". We like to be early to the pier too so the shuttle there will work great!!! The money you can save in cheaper hotels just leaves more for excursions:) Also the Super Bowl is in Miami on Feb 4th so rates were somewhat higher than normal and downtown was already booked.

They have a shuttle from the airport to hotel and also a shuttle from hotel to the pier-WOOHOOO!

What do they charge to leave your car there... if they allow it?

We stayed at the Raddison at the Port when we went on our first cruise this past November and they made it so easy on us. We were allowed to keep our Jeep at the hotel and they provided the transportation back and forth... we saved about 60.00 by NOT parking at the port....that was 60.00 worth of photos and or drinks! :cool:

Has anyone else stayed the place luvs2sun is staying at? Just curious to know how the customer service, room quality and stuff of that nature is?

I am not sure about these questions shebring & babybeluga.

We are flying in so did not ask about the parking situation.

Also not sure about nearby restaurants either. We will fly in late on Friday and try to board as early as possible on Sat to partake of the early lunch on board:)

Here is the info for the hotel from my confirmation

Holiday Inn-Miami Int. Airport

1111 S. Royal Poinciana Blvd.

Miami Spgs, FL 33166

1-305-885-1941

Noticed that Bayside Marketplace is only 7 miles away if we decide to do something Friday night after all day of flying.

Have FUN!!!!!!

Archived