? Constellation - Cingular Wireless

ILikeShips

Am wondering if anyone knows if Cingular wireless is available on Constellation? Am thinking of signing up for international coverage but not sure if this will benefit us when cruising Southern Carib. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

NO it isn't. If I were you I'd sign up to allow international coverage on your phone (no charge) but would not sign up for the discount package. Unless you plan on using the phone a LOT it won't be worth it.

You can see what ships have the service and the rates, as well as rates for you various stops and the price difference for the cingular packages on the Cingular site which shows international roaming rates here:

http://www.cingular.com/learn/international/roaming/international-roaming.jsp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To dial out from the ship to the US - press and hold the "0+" key - it will turn into a +, follow that with a 1 for US Country code, followed by A/C and number.

Go here: http://www.cingular.com/learn/international

For the time I will be using my phone away - I get the $6.00 intl roaming rate package for cheaper roaming rates. You should also ensure that customer service turns on int'l roaming.

Hi ILikeShips

We are just off the Constellation (March 2-12) and were able to use Cingular on the ship for our entire 10 day trip in the eastern Caribbean.

Only once did we have a problem for an hour or so after we left St. Thomas when got no service.

I activated International long distance before we left - we could use our cell phone in all ports and on the ship when sailing between ports.

jmsevens

Most of the time we never had to dial any extra numbers to call the US - just used the phone as if we were at home (just hit the number in our cell phone book and it connected). ( I think in St. Maarten we had to use the extra numbers).

You should have no problems with Cingular.

Enjoy the cruise.:D

no kidding?

Wow... I guess I haven't got an excuse not to answer emails now.

Isn't the fact that you are on vacation excuse enough?:) Unless, of course, you actually want to answer the emails...:eek:

We used our cingular phone on the Millie in Nov. Reception was good all the way from Europe to Ft Lauderdale. One or two dropped calls, same as at home. The cost was $2.50 a mimute, much better than using the ship's telephone. It worked well in Spain also. Do not remember if I tried it in Italy. I did use the discount rate. The billing cme through quickly which is good becuse you have to make sure that all of the calls are billed before you drop the international rate. I think that it was abour .99 cents a minute off the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on Constellation mid-February. We arrived back in FLL on 3/2. Starting on March 1 my Blackberry (Cingular) suddenly came live while on our last sea day and I had phone and wireless internet access for the remainder of the trip. I thought we were close enough to land that I was picking up a signal. When I got my bill I found out I was roaming. Thank god it is a business and they were paying the bill.

Jim

Thanks Jim - I hate the fact we can't go on vacation and walk away from work. We have our own business and its hard to leave for 12 days and know if something comes up we can't be reached. Email does good, and I know the ships phone is there, but having a cell phone is a little better LOL

Thanks again - Audrey

Archived