Passport and ID holder

emliss

Another way:

I found that the neck-type holder became more trouble than it was worth because you have to remember to secure the closure after every time you take the ID/Passport out to show or scan. Mine has a Velcro strip at the top and a zipper on the side. I used to put my card-type boarding pass in the top, so the stub with gate and seat numbers (airplane) was ready to hand to the gate agent. For the last year or so, the bar-coded sheet of paper I print out at home during on-line check-in, still has to be pulled out and unfolded to scan at the kiosk/gate in the airport. I used the zippered side pocket to hold my passport (or driver's license for domestic trips), and still had to have a hand (or two) available to un-zip and re-zip it after showing or scanning the inside front page.

Now, I have several shirts with two, button-down front pockets I use on flying/boarding days to hold small wallet (with driver's license showing through a window) on one side and passport/boarding paper on the other. I can use these shirts for days of sightseeing in areas with known pick-pocket problems (Barcelona, anyone) because it is often too warm there to wear the jacket with zippered pockets I use in London in November!

I never got used to putting my SeaPass-type cruise card on a lanyard or in a neck-pouch (seemed like overkill), so that goes in a shirt pocket when I'm on the ship, ready to hand to the wine steward, etc.

Of course, ladies will have a different strategy altogether.

Happy Cruising/Flying/Touring

Mine is an older version of this:

http://www.travelonbags.com/6249.html

I don't have the pen holder on the side, and mine is black. I like it in airports, since I can put my passport in the lower pocket, and my boarding docs in the upper one, which is long and the docs can go all the way to the bottom. It's exactly the same width as my passport, and the lower is also good for showing your driver's license for domestic travel.

The toggle adjusts the length, it's lightweight, and I just tuck it out of sight when I don't need it. Then put it away once I'm on the plane.

Since women seem to carry more stuff than men these days, it's a great hands-free way to keep my id and boarding docs available, yet safe.

Mine is an older version of this:

http://www.travelonbags.com/6249.html

I don't have the pen holder on the side, and mine is black. I like it in airports, since I can put my passport in the lower pocket, and my boarding docs in the upper one, which is long and the docs can go all the way to the bottom. It's exactly the same width as my passport, and the lower is also good for showing your driver's license for domestic travel.

The toggle adjusts the length, it's lightweight, and I just tuck it out of sight when I don't need it. Then put it away once I'm on the plane.

Since women seem to carry more stuff than men these days, it's a great hands-free way to keep my id and boarding docs available, yet safe.

My husband bought one of those swimsuits that has pockets and inside the pocket is a waterproof pouch. We can put our ID and cash as well as the ship card in their and never have to worry about it being stolen while we are snorkeling. It is very easy to retrieve when needed and is always bone dry. It is a great way to secure money and id on excursions!

Archived