Miami Airport

meisha

We just booked our first balcony cabin on the Century, unfortunately we don't sail until February of 2008.

Here's my question: How far is it from Miami airport to the Cruiseport? We do

not plan on taking Celebrity transfers. What is the average cost of taking a cab from the airport to the ship?

Thanks in advance.

I hope you mean $30 for 2 people! How far is it?

This is our 6th cruise but our 1st from Miami. We will probably fly down a day early, any suggestions for a hotel close to the cruiseport?

If this is a duplicate---sorry.

There are a few hotels near the port, one being the Marriott. However, there is not much to do around the area and downtown is partically shut down after sunset. You might try a hotel in Coconut Grove or South Beach. There is plenty to do in both areas on foot and you can just take a taxi to the pier the next day.

We will probably fly down a day early, any suggestions for a hotel close to the cruiseport?

I put a bid in at priceline for $75.00 and got Springhill Suites By Marriot near the airport. A shuttle to the hotel is included and the cab ride will be about the same... About $30 including tip.

If you're cruising the week of the Superbowl, your hotel might cost as much as your cruise..

You could always fly to Orlando, stay overnight, rent a car and get there in plenty of time. I believe Thrifty even has a shuttle to the port to pick up arriving passengers. Enjoy Century, I'll be cruising her B2B in January.

Thanks for your help everyone. We've got plenty of time but it never hurts to start checking early. I'm not Superbowl savvy....would that affect a Feb 4, 2008

cruise?

That's the day.. reports of rooms going for $400 in 1 star motels... good luck

So much for thinking that far ahead.:o

I do so much last minute stuff I never thought that people book a year in advance...:cool:

A five day cruise is too short... get a B2B...now if you want a great deal... probably half of what you'll be paying... Check Celebrity's website special for Tueday.. a CC for $399... For January 18th.. inside, $199, OV $299.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/XcitingDeals_CEL_tues.pdf

Archived