speciality restaurants on Journey

smj

the latest, today, from our TA is that there will be open seating and 2 specialty restaurants (a steakhouse type and a gourmet with wine with each course). My guess is that there will be a charge similar to that on the M class ships.

the latest, today, from our TA is that there will be open seating and 2 specialty restaurants (a steakhouse type and a gourmet with wine with each course). My guess is that there will be a charge similar to that on the M class ships.

Hi Sheila !

I also keep hearing it will be open seating, but I cannot get anyone at Celebrity to confirm it. Also, I am wondering if they will charge extra for the specialty dining (Oceania does not). I am thinking they might not, especially as they will be charging quite a bit more for these sailings. I am sure we should have some further details coming soon.

Andy,

This was the verbatim from my TA yesterday (sorry can't say the name, rules you know :) :))

"Discover a comfortable sophisticated, upscale cruise experience aboard Celebrity's enchanting new ship, Celebrity Journey. With slightly more than 700 guests, Celebrity Journey offers a traditional Celebrity cruise experience in a more intimate environment. Enjoy well-appointed accommodations, Sensory Heaven spa treatments by Elemis and their award winning gourmet cuisine made only of the finest ingredients plus TWO specialty restaurants. Of course, Celebrity's unparalleled service with one staff member for every TWO guests ensures every wish is anticipated and effortlessly granted.

EVERY stateroom will have a butler and will receive the following amenities:

- Fresh Cut flowers daily

- Big, thick bathrobes for use onboard

- Snacks brought daily

- Upgraded bathroom amenities

- Pillow menu

- Higher end bedding and duvets

Your butler will:

- Pack and unpack you

- Make reservations for shore excursions and dining for you

- Bring your daily snacks

- Be your concierge in general!

Dining is also open seating. The ship also has two specialty restaurants ( a steak house, and a gourmet restaurant featuring wine at each course) "

Since one supposes this came directly from X, I wonder why you can't get the same info...why the secrets???

I also asked some questions and here are the answers I received on the Journey which we have booked for Antarctic Cruise in Feb 2008 -- "in writing"

Formal nights or all resort casual? Resort Casual

Open Seating in the Main Dining room and Lido. Reservations for both Specialty Restaurants

We are still developing the shore excursions but they will be very unusual and smaller groups. We should have the shore excursions in the next few weeks. (Antarctic excursions)

Are the Cat. 7 cabins the only ones that have obstructed view? Yes.

Usual smoking policies or non-smoking? Usual Smoking Policy

The more experienced butlers will service the suites and they will be responsible for a smaller number of suites

Since one supposes this came directly from X, I wonder why you can't get the same info...why the secrets???

Sheila

I understand Celebrity has finished most of their planning and they are just now training their people on the plans for both of their new ships.

We should see more info in the next few weeks as they put the info out to their people. (having worked for a large company for 45 years I know it takes time to get the word out to everyone)

Ray

Archived