Crystal Symphony

mrcruise04

Although I am not on your cruise...will be just getting off the RSVP cruise on the Caribbean Princess, I am interested in Crystal.

I am looking seriously at a transcanal cruise on the Symphony for next year (late January). I want to hear some other view points from gay travelers on this ship and cruise line (beyond those on the Crystal board).

I respect the opinions on that board...but like those on the Regent board, they will defend their favorite cruise line to the death....I have found myself being that way about RSSC.

So please write about your experiences on board.

Thanks

Tom

I have sailed on Princess many times. I have actually been the most traveled on three different times. Not bad for someone who just turned 40. I sailed on my first crystal cruise 2000. I was the best experence I have ever sailed. We have a friend who played the piano for both Princess and Crystal. He told me how great it was. We finally bit the bullet and booked. There are so few things in life that actually meets your expectation. But this cruise did. After the first day everyone new our name and what we drank. We would see someone a few years later and they still would remember us by name. They have quite a few gay passengers and of course crew members. If you have any questions you can Email me at mrcruise69@aol.com:)

Although I am not on your cruise...will be just getting off the RSVP cruise on the Caribbean Princess, I am interested in Crystal.

I am looking seriously at a transcanal cruise on the Symphony for next year (late January). I want to hear some other view points from gay travelers on this ship and cruise line (beyond those on the Crystal board).

I respect the opinions on that board...but like those on the Regent board, they will defend their favorite cruise line to the death....I have found myself being that way about RSSC.

So please write about your experiences on board.

Thanks

Tom

Since I 'hang out' over on the Crystal board, I'm not sure if you're looking for my input, but I'll tell you I'm not one of those who will "go down with the ship" in defending them. What I can tell you is that we've had 5 wonderful cruises w/Crystal (3 times on Symphony and twice on Harmony). If you enjoy first class service, dining and entertainment, then you'll like Crystal. We don't sail Crystal exclusively, however they are our favorite. And in our opinion, Crystal is very gay friendly. On our last sailing, the Concierge arranged for a FOD party. On sailings previous to that, the Cruise Director orchestrated them. In all cases, the parties were open bar, compliments of Crystal. That's just one indication where they're not a cruise line that nickel & dimes you to death.

Based on all the comments I have read...I am going to book the canal cruise for the end of next Jan 2008. Although I love my Regent, its time to try something new.

Question to all......early or late sitting? I normally choose late, but wondered if it makes a difference on this line?

Althoug gay couples are welcomed, I hope a gay single passenger will be equally at home on the Symphony.

Thanks to all.

Tom

Any one sailing on the Crystal Symphony March 4 2007. Its the Cabaret cruise. Im sure there will be lots of "Family":)

Hi there,

We'll be there. We're Steve and Chris (Christoper) from Melbourne, Australia. This will be our first time on Crystal. We are really looking forward to it. We leave Australia on Feb 28 and spend 4 nights in Los Angeles before the cruise. We are thinking of staying at the Argyle (now Sunset Tower) hotel in West Hollywood. Any ideas on this?

We stay on board for the next cruise, disembarking in Hong Kong on March 29, so we have lots of time to really experience the Crystal experience.

We too have been on a few Princess cruises. We started searching for something better a couple of years ago and so tried Holland America and Celebrity. We like HAL, but find Celebrity slightly lacking. I hope we don't get too hooked on Crystal, though. If we do, we might be cruising every 2 years instead of every year!

Cheers,

Steve (and Chris)

Archived