Ahoy Matey's-Zuiderdam 1/6/2007

Britters

Just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello. We finally escaped the snow and cold in Colorado...for a beautiful lazy day fun filled vacation.

Embarkation was a BREEZE...we were on the ship enjoying lunch by 11:30am. We love our state room. And the meals have been fantastic!!! The ship is beautiful, and the crew is wonderful! We were docked next to Carnival Elation this morning in Grand Turk, and the difference between the two ships is amazing! We are so glad we chose to go with Holland America!

Seas are a little rough, but we're making due....it's raining at the moment, but it's suppose to be a quick storm, nothing major!!!!

Anyway...we'll be back later! Just wanted to say a quick hello!

Britters, thanks for posting live from the ship! Sorry not to respond to you sooner to express my thanks, but the Cruise Critic boards have been acting up this afternoon/evening. I'm looking forward to cruising along with you via your posts. Bon Voyage!:)

Karin

I was so happy to see a post from the Zuiderdam. My daughter and her boyfriend are on your sailing. In fact, he is now her fiance. He proposed on the first sea day (Sunday) in the Crow's Nest!! She called from Grand Turk to tell us the news. They are having a wonderful time!!!

Congratulations to you on your wedding and continue having a great honeymoon!!!icon7.gif

Things have been soooo wonderful here on the ship. I don't think we could have asked for better weather! It's been beautiful. Aside from the rough seas the first two nights/days things have been perfect.

We're currently sailing back towards Florida...tomorrow is a sea day and then we stop at Half Moon Cay before this beatuiful dream comes to an end.

Our cabin steward, Hendri, has been wonderful. We purchased a bucket of Corona at one point on the ship, couldn't drink it all, so we brought it back to our state room. He kindly fills it with ice so that anything we wish to keep in it stays cold. (We keep bottled water in it at this point)!!!

There are a couple of larger groups (not too big though) on the cruise. One is a college alumni gathering (Judson College?) and the other a baseball group of some sort. Apparently they have a few big name past players with the group. I'm not into baseball so I don't know much.

There is also a wedding group sailing with us. The couple were married to day in St. Thomas. The bride looked GORGEOUS!

We got the early seating, which is fine with us, we don't spend a ton of time in port...just do what we want during the AM, then head back to the ship to take advantage of the empty pool areas! Our waiter, and assistant waiter (stewards) are wonderful. They've had our beverages waiting for us each evening when we arrive. We requested a table for 6 or 8 so we could meet some fellow passengers, unfortunately we were placed at a table for 4 and it doesn't appear anyone else was assigned to our table. We're enjoying it though, and we've managed to meet people in other forums!

The ship is beautiful. A few rough patches, but nothing horrible. They came by this morning and did some "routine maintenance" to our balcony and a few others on our floor. Other then that everyone simply seems hard at work cleaning to maintain a beautiful shine!

We are sooo glad we chose Holland America, despite some age differences, we're finding so many fascinating people to chat with!

Well I'm off to enjoy the sea breeze! Check back in later!

Britt

• 1 month later...
I was so happy to see a post from the Zuiderdam. My daughter and her boyfriend are on your sailing. In fact, he is now her fiance. He proposed on the first sea day (Sunday) in the Crow's Nest!! She called from Grand Turk to tell us the news. They are having a wonderful time!!!

Congratulations to you on your wedding and continue having a great honeymoon!!!icon7.gif

What a lucky girl your daughter is - the waiter brought the ring in a martini glass; sting quartet played the wedding march; bar manager brought champagne...it was a very romantic engagement! (I'm the lucky bride! I just noticed my Mom posted this while we were gone!)

What a lucky girl your daughter is - the waiter brought the ring in a martini glass; sting quartet played the wedding march; bar manager brought champagne...it was a very romantic engagement! (I'm the lucky bride! I just noticed my Mom posted this while we were gone!)

Congratulations!!!:) Yes, you're a lucky girl, and he's a lucky guy! Isn't it romantic........

Archived