Who Has Taken a Tour With Curacao Actief?

Sun Lover

• 1 month later...

Anyone used actief lately? Since reading this thread we are looking at 1/2 day snorkel and 1/2 day land stuff. All with actief though. Any suggestions for the land part? We have all seen many caves so not as interested in that. History isn't our thing either. Nature is! The geyser sounds really interesting.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Hi Everyone!

We just returned from our Maasdam cruise and spent a 1/2 day (last Sat 3/31) with Anita from Curacao Actief. We found the snorkeling at Director's Bay in Curacao to be the best we have ever experienced. We have been to Hawaii several times, Mexico and 25 cruises, and our day snorkeling in Curacao was the BEST experience ever!

Everything went off like clock work; Anita/Curacao Actief were professional and provided a quality product. We are ready to return and do a full day snorkeling in Curacao!!

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi Kel and Lauren! Mike and I are thinking of doing this tour on our cruise in March, so I was looking at reviews and saw yours. Great review by the way :). Hope you both are doing well and wish that you were coming with us on the Ruby Princess, March. 20th. Not a bit too late to change your mind! We enjoyed our day on the beach with you guys in St. Maarten. Hope to go back there again, but really looking forward to these S. Caribbean ports since it will be our first time there.

Take care!

Mike and Pam

Just got back Tuesday. The tour was great, especially our guide, Howard Newton. Was on an all day drove all over, had a picnic lunch, went snorkeling at a gorgous beach and hiked all over the coast. Really had a great time and I loved Howard. Ask for him if you get a chance. He is the best.

We took the 1/2 day beach & tug boat tour with Curacao Actief last Thursday. Yvette was our guide, and she was terrific! the snorkeling was amazing - one of our group remarked that it was like snorkeling in an aquarium! There were types of fish that I hadn't seen before, and the variety of colors was marvelous! We went to the beach at Caracas bay first, where Yvette provided us with vests & fins. We had our own snorkel masks & tubes. The water was calm & it was an easy swim to a beautiful collection of coral and fish. After a nice time there we returned to land where Yvette provided snacks and drinks. Then we headed over to the dive company near the tugboat -- the access from there seems to be the easiest. A little more strenuous swim this time, but not too bad. Again, the coral and the fish were amazing! More water when we came ashore, then we headed off to Ft. Nassau, near the harbor for some amazing photo ops of the harbor and our ship the Westerdam.

We got back a little before 1:00 pm, leaving enough time to do some shopping. It was a perfect day!

• 1 year later...

We just did a half day snorkel trip with Actief, on Feb. 7th and it was really good. They met us at the ship, took us to a beach to snorkel first, then on to the sunken tugboat site, which was really amazing.

The second snorkel site requires you to at least be able to swim, as it's a pretty good distance from the actual beach, but no strong current to contend with the and tug is in pretty shallow water. We saw a spotted moray eel there, too.

You do ride in an open air pickup, with bench seats in the back, so keep that in mind when booking. He also provided a typical snack food, and lemonade and water. We enjoyed ourselves, and recommend them.

Hi Kathi, Do you know which beach you snorkeled from? Were you able to see a lot of fish from that area? We are trying to decide whether to take a tour or just go to a beach and snorkel from there. Thanks for any info you can give us.

Sue

I'm sorry, I don't know the name of the beach. It wasn't crowded, and there were a few tables and unbrellas that had "local" folks sitting at them. There was a large parking lot, so I wonder if it wasn't some public beach? there were no facillities that I saw for bathrooms or food.

As far as where the tugboat was, we took a road (near the fort) literally until the road ended. It was right by a drydock industrial area. There was a "closed" dive shop there, but we literally saw no other people. Our guide was annoyed, as he said his car had been broken into before while he was parked there, and he sort of relies on the dive shop to keep an eye on his vehicle. He said the dive shop "opens when he feels like it". There was a rock on the beach that someone had spray painted the word "tugboat" on the rock, so folks would know they were diving in the right place. I remember he told us to swim out to the pier with the #5 on it, and then the tugboat was between the rocks and the pier. It looked pretty close, but took some time to swim out and back. Sorry, I can't give you the names of the beaches.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All! My husband and I are sailing in October, and Curacao is our last stop. We'll be there from 7AM-6PM.

We will actually be there on our wedding anniversary, so we want a mix between seeing the sights of Curacao as well as having some leisure time. How does this sound to those of you who have been to Curacao?

9 AM- take a taxi to Blue Bay resort to rent a cabana, snorkel, etc.

12 PM- have Curacao Actief pick us up from Blue Bay for the East and City Highlight Tour (2.5 hours). Request to be dropped of at the Kura Hulanda Museum.

After this we would take a leisurely stroll back through the city to our ship (is this possible, or should we take a taxi?).

How does this day sound? Is there anything we should consider changing?

• 2 years later...

Archived