What is Celebrity Suite like?

ere

If anyone has stayed in a CS, can you let me know whether the bay window means you can see in your neighbors room and/or vice versa? Also, what is the "High Seas" across from CS on PH deck.

Any other info on this suite would be appreciated...

Hi there!

I just returned from a 14 day cruise in a CS. The CS is wonderful!

We had 4 people in the cabin (two in the bedroom and two on the sofa bed) and we had plenty of room. The nice thing about having the bedroom is that you have some place to go and shut the door if you want to lay down or you can change without having to be in the bathroom.

The windows are 4 floor-ceiling windows that are slightly curved away from the ship allowing you to see straight down. We saw several pods of dolphins and a humpback whale this way. The nice thing about the windows is that you can sit in your living room and just enjoy the view without having to be outside. I love a balcony but for this trip - the windows were perfect! One down side - the far window - with the shades open - does allow your neighbor to see into your room if you are standing by the windows. So you would have to be careful of that. If you do not open the blinds on the far window - they can not see anything. It did not bother us and we often had all of the shades open. There are two shades. One is a sheer white shade that will allow light in but blocks viewing anything and a heavy "drape" that blocks the light and viewing.

Having a small dining room really came in handy as we had breakfast brought in most days and were not trying to balance the food on a small table or the bed.

I would definitely go for the CS if I were to take Celebrity again.

Desiree

I have stayed in the Celebrity Suite about 6 times on Celebrity. From the very first window you can see an be seen by neighbors both next door and above. If you leave the shear down on the single pane you have total privacy.

I am not sure what your looking at but I believe "High Seas" is one a training room for internet training classes. You can also use these p.c's when a class is not in session. Originally this space was "Notes" an area to listen to music - two stories. They recently converted Notes to "High Seas" on one deck and acupuncture at sea on the other.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000yCw8eCoC9CLO0cfpyRz4nXf:1051tg3ld?pagename=high_seas

This link will take you to High Seas.

we have stayed in a cs frequently and yes, we could see into our neighbors cabin. hawever as noted, with the drapes drawn not a problem. we were not engaged in any activities we were concerned about in the living room so we didnt bother. we really enjoy the cs, lotsa room and service is great would highly recommend it to you. the privileges for tenders etc are also quite useful.

my wife particularily enjoyed the snacks the butler delivered about 4 pm each day.

Thanks for the info.

I'll be in my first Celebrity Suite in May on our 13-night West Coast/Alaska cruise. I know I'm going to be spoiled. So how then do you go back to an Oceanview or even a balcony?

We checked out this suite on one of our cruises during disembarkation (we do this all the time to see what these cabins look like) and just loved it.

We got a great price on this cabin since it's a repo and grabbed it.

It's so funny, when we first started cruising we were in inside cabins, then oceanviews, balconies and now I don't want to do anything less than a suite. My hubby doesn't know what he started. He should have never showed me that cabin. Now I'll have to try a Sky Suite.

I can't wait for May.

Good question about the privacy. Glad you asked.

We had the CelebritySuite for our Alaska cruise and it was fantastic. Having an inside bedroom also meant my DH who wakes up at the first hint of light was not adversley affected by the long hours of daylight. The only issue we had was the previous occupant had smoked in the room and with the limited ventillation it took 2 deep cleans by X to get rid of the smell (and we arenot sensitive to smoke smell). Try and get a forward facing CS to avoid the final window being blocked by the window washing gear

A

We just booked a CS today, and I'd been concerned that my lovely bride will miss the mornings on the veranda reading with a good cup of joe. I agree that I really can't see how I could ever go back to standard verandas or anything less again.:cool:

We had the CelebritySuite for our Alaska cruise and it was fantastic. Having an inside bedroom also meant my DH who wakes up at the first hint of light was not adversley affected by the long hours of daylight. The only issue we had was the previous occupant had smoked in the room and with the limited ventillation it took 2 deep cleans by X to get rid of the smell (and we arenot sensitive to smoke smell). Try and get a forward facing CS to avoid the final window being blocked by the window washing gear

A

Yes I noticed the window washing gear when I was just on the Summit. While we were waiting to board the ship at one our ports we looked up to see where our CS will be. We are in 6104 facing the front. I guess this gear stays at the lowest CS which is deck six.

I'm not going to be concerned about it, I'll just keep that shade/curtain closed if it's there.

Are the shades motorized? I've heard they are.

Another person said it's nice to have the butler set up the dining table in front of the windows if you are at port at night. That sounds great, I would not have thought of that.

I'm looking forward to our spacious suite. I will not miss a balcony, especially since I'll be sailing to Alaska. Brrrrrrr......

I was in 6104 on the 12/17 Millie..It's a wonderfull room, lots of space

We left the curtains opened all night, watched the QM2 pass us..yes close the dbl curtain closest to the sky suite, so they cant look in..

Suite has a doorbell too !!!!!!

Alex the butler was the best !!!!!

Archived