Stock Credit after Booking?

No, I submit proof each time to get the credit.

To In The Pink: I printed out.pdf of program rules, and follow those. Rules state that minimum of 100 shares must be directly owned "at time of booking". I submit proof for each and every cruise. If you have a direct question about this benefit I think you should check with RCL. I think you can ask your question to them. Personally, I think a stockholder logically would be eligible for the benefit if they provided proof before final payment. I suggest this email address: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

link that explains program: http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Yes that is true , you must provide the required documentation to get the OBC. But I also have wondered, if you buy the shares today, send your proxy in to get the credit applied to your future, then sell your stocks, Who would know it? I think this could happen, just as well as the people who get the max on their visa cards in cash at the casion, on the ship, then come home with that cash and pay off their visa, and Bang, they earned points and bought NOTHING! JMHO

To In The Pink: I printed out.pdf of program rules, and follow those. Rules state that minimum of 100 shares must be directly owned "at time of booking". I submit proof for each and every cruise. If you have a direct question about this benefit I think you should check with RCL. I think you can ask your question to them. Personally, I think a stockholder logically would be eligible for the benefit if they provided proof before final payment. I suggest this email address: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

link that explains program: http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Thanks, Traveler. I have already read the program benefits and I've already left a message for RCL . Since we are all aware, however, that different answers can be received from different people at RCL regarding a variety of topics, my question is whether anybody has ever received OBC for a cruise they already had booked at the time they bought the shares. I, too, would think that if I provided proof before final payment, I might be able to get the credit, I'm just wondering if it's ever happened.

If you do not provide them with proof of ownership......brokerage account statement......proxy card.............you will not receive the OBC.

Thanks, but I understand that I can't get the credit if I don't own the stock; that wasn't the question.

Yes that is true , you must provide the required documentation to get the OBC. But I also have wondered, if you buy the shares today, send your proxy in to get the credit applied to your future, then sell your stocks, Who would know it? I think this could happen, just as well as the people who get the max on their visa cards in cash at the casion, on the ship, then come home with that cash and pay off their visa, and Bang, they earned points and bought NOTHING! JMHO

PMShirl: Thanks for understanding and for teaching me a trick I didn't know! !!

I had 4 cruises booked, when we purchased the stock. So far, I've received credit on the cruises I've taken (I still have 2 more pre-booked cruises to go). I say, put in your request (along w/ your proof of purchase of the 100 shares). Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :rolleyes: Have a great cruise, whether or not you get your OBC! ~ LL

Hi Lady Lawyer,

We had our cruise booked, and made final payment, when we purchased our shares. We faxed our statement showing the share purchase, and followed it up with a phone call. The credit was on our account when we got onboard.

So, we say "Go for it"....

We did the same thing, we had 2 cruises booked when we purchased RCI stock. I emailed the required document to RCI and received an email back saying that both of my upcoming cruises will have the shareholder credit applied. I will bring a copy of that email with me. Just in case it may be needed. Nothing ventured nothing gained, go for it!!

I just checked the RCCL investors website, and it is not necessary to be a stockholder at the time of booking. The only requirement, at present, is that the booking be made prior to May 1, 2007. They have had an annual cut-off date each year for the last several years, but then it has been extended for the following year.

The benefit makes holding Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines stock very interesting for those who make frequent cruises. I like the fact that the company is willing to support and thank its stockholders.

\

Per the website this offer is on good:

"Applicable on any Royal Carribean or Celebrity Cruise sailings (Excludes Celebrity Xpeditions) booked by May 1,2007."

Is this an offer for all time or are there different offers at different times?

Further clarification. I had posted the RCL investors website for info on the stock benefit earlier. Under FAQ, semi-detailed answers are given as to the requirements and there is no mention of having to own the stock at booking time. However, under stockholder discount tab is the actual rules .pdf, which does state "at the time of booking". I printed that info to have available with questions about the program.

What is important in my view is how the program is actually used. Since proof regarding ownership is not requested at time of booking, but is sent in to another department for verification, the ACTUAL PROCESS (the real world application) is that the benefit proof is provided after booking, for each cruise. That is what matters. Each time I have followed the process and received the credit in a timely manner.

Even though some might contend that there is another inconsistency in the actual rules, and criticize RCI and it's CSR's, for the answers given when calling about this and other subjects, I choose to look at this as a wonderful benefit which I am appreciative to RCI for.

Personally, I posted replies here about the program to try and assist others by providing the source for information and a method to determine the proper procedures. Thank you to CC for the forum to air our views and experiences in the hope that it will help others. I understand the difference between an opinion, a personal experience, printed documentation regarding policies and procedures, and an actual answer provided by staff at RCI. I try to take all that into account and then proceed.

.. . under stockholder discount tab is the actual rules .pdf, which does state "at the time of booking".

That's why I asked the question

What is important in my view is how the program is actually used. Since proof regarding ownership is not requested at time of booking, but is sent in to another department for verification, the ACTUAL PROCESS (the real world application) is that the benefit proof is provided after booking, for each cruise. That is what matters.

That's good to know but having not yet seen a certificate, I wasn't sure if there was a date on it or something which would then prevent me from gaining the credit due to the rule which states that the stock must be held at the time of booking in order to gain the credit, which is why I was asking for further clarification from others who had actually PURCHASED their stock after booking their cruise.

Further clarification. I had posted the RCL investors website for info on the stock benefit earlier. Under FAQ, semi-detailed answers are given as to the requirements and there is no mention of having to own the stock at booking time. However, under stockholder discount tab is the actual rules .pdf, which does state "at the time of booking". I printed that info to have available with questions about the program.

What is important in my view is how the program is actually used. Since proof regarding ownership is not requested at time of booking, but is sent in to another department for verification, the ACTUAL PROCESS (the real world application) is that the benefit proof is provided after booking, for each cruise. That is what matters. Each time I have followed the process and received the credit in a timely manner.

Even though some might contend that there is another inconsistency in the actual rules, and criticize RCI and it's CSR's, for the answers given when calling about this and other subjects, I choose to look at this as a wonderful benefit which I am appreciative to RCI for.

Personally, I posted replies here about the program to try and assist others by providing the source for information and a method to determine the proper procedures. Thank you to CC for the forum to air our views and experiences in the hope that it will help others. I understand the difference between an opinion, a personal experience, printed documentation regarding policies and procedures, and an actual answer provided by staff at RCI. I try to take all that into account and then proceed.

I completely agree with all of the above and was in no way attempting to criticize anybody. I have, however, worked for a large corporation myself and know how easy it is for these inconsistencies to occur, and having read enough threads here to know that they do occur in the real world of RCI, I wanted to find out how this program works "in the real world". I'm sorry if I somehow offended you. No offense was intended and your posts were appreciated (posts including links are ALWAYS appreciated!) although, as you stated, I also try to take "all that into account". In this particular case, I wasn't so much concerned with anybody's opinion as to whether or not I should get the credit, but rather, was inquiring as to actual experience of this situation, therefore, the posters following yours were bullseye hits for what I needed. Thanks again for your assistance.

I bought my shares 5 days prior to our Jewel sailing last month. I emailed my stock statement with my (then) 3 upcoming booking numbers and told them I would understand if I didn't receive the credit in time for the Jewel cruise. I received their response in 2 days, and did receive OBC for the Jewel cruise that was then 3 days away. That department is really on top of things! :D

I bought my shares 5 days prior to our Jewel sailing last month. I emailed my stock statement with my (then) 3 upcoming booking numbers and told them I would understand if I didn't receive the credit in time for the Jewel cruise. I received their response in 2 days, and did receive OBC for the Jewel cruise that was then 3 days away. That department is really on top of things! :D

Wow! Now that's what I really needed to hear because it's looking like it may get down to that kind of timing for me. I'm selling some other stock from a previous employee stock option plan and moving it to a broker; in order to do so I first had to request a stock certificate for the old stock, then the broker will be able to sell it and buy RCL for me. I sail in 23 days and it's looking like I'm going to need at least 12-15 to get this accomplished, so I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen for this sailing. Thanks for posting this, Lisa!

That's why I asked the question

That's good to know but having not yet seen a certificate, I wasn't sure if there was a date on it or something which would then prevent me from gaining the credit due to the rule which states that the stock must be held at the time of booking in order to gain the credit, which is why I was asking for further clarification from others who had actually PURCHASED their stock after booking their cruise.

I completely agree with all of the above and was in no way attempting to criticize anybody. I have, however, worked for a large corporation myself and know how easy it is for these inconsistencies to occur, and having read enough threads here to know that they do occur in the real world of RCI, I wanted to find out how this program works "in the real world". I'm sorry if I somehow offended you. No offense was intended and your posts were appreciated (posts including links are ALWAYS appreciated!) although, as you stated, I also try to take "all that into account". In this particular case, I wasn't so much concerned with anybody's opinion as to whether or not I should get the credit, but rather, was inquiring as to actual experience of this situation, therefore, the posters following yours were bullseye hits for what I needed. Thanks again for your assistance.

I was in no way offended by anything you posted, and I do appreciate you taking the time to reply at length. No need to be sorry, but thank you for your very positive thoughts about my remarks anyway. Usually when I post an answer or comment I try to answer what I think the OP was asking for and provide a link or some other information that may be of benefit to the OP and other readers of the thread as well. I have only been posting here at CC for a few months, and am gradually developing my own "style" of posting, since I truly do not understand the etiquette yet. It is important to me to try to post with respectfulness to all, and sharing the experiences, facts and opinions I have gathered along the way, but doing so in the right way. I hope I'm doing that. Thanks for your feedback.

How much OBC do you get for each 100 shares, I wife also owns 100 shares will each one get OBC?

and from the rules:

What is the offer?

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

and later: Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy.

So, one credit per stateroom. In order to make use of the second 100 shares, a second cabin would have to be booked.

Traveler, I have noticed on other threads as well that you do always try to be very helpful. Keep up the good work!

(re: your short time frame) A RCI CSR emailed the ship on our December cruise to make sure they were aware of our status credits due which had not completely posted. Everything was in place when we arrived! If you end up at the last minute with your stock credit not being posted, perhaps that might help. Good luck!:) Let us know how it turns out.

I have bought the shares in one month, sold it the next and still used my statements to get my shareholder onboard credit months later when booking my cruises. After a few months, shareholder services will eventually ask for an updated brokers statement, but they don't make a serious effort to make sure you own the stock at the moment of booking. We've done four cruises and only once did I actually own the stock anywhere near the time of our booking.

Archived