C&A mailed coupons

cappy09

Very strange you recv. coupons in Jan that have expired! I'd call a diff. CSR!

I'm surprised there's cruise to Alaska that late also. There is a Radiance for Sept. 14, 14 nite. Would that work? We sailed Serenade last Sept 17th & stores were closing down even tho there were a cpl ships coming in the next wk. [H.A. I think.] Avis closed on the 15th so no cars avail for the Yukon. It was still a great time except for Ketchikan exceeding it's rep for rain so we missed our float plane & the salmon run & Creek St..our most looked forward to port! I do have a special door sign posted on 1st pg of main board if you want to use it instead of a tropical sign.

Momma's list is great. Hope you'll do it again next qtr! I'll be Plat. after Feb 4th so my list shows Gold for $100 & $200. When I booked for Oct. the great CSR gave me the Plat. discount then, entering the diff. code, so I don't have to call back. That's why I always agree w/others..Call until you get someone who will help! The print on the paper is so tiny I have to get under a bright lite to see it, even w. trifocals!

winncove - I even told the C&A that the postmark was 01/05/07, it didn't make any difference. A while later I did call back and all I could get was an apology that they were expired and was told that they would send me out a new savings certificate. We'll see what happens with mailing the certificate anyway. I will only be out the price of the stamp.

Try clicking here to see the entire list. I hope the link works. I'm a diamond member but there is no designation on the list as to level. It simply states crown and anchor society member savings certificates.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/G/e/Georgean/CAmembersavings.jpg

Go to the lower right corner of the image and then you should be able to click on it to enlarge the image making it readable.

Point of clarification: My wife gets the printed savings certs. I compared Her 3/31/07 listings to your .jpg. She is platinum, but I figured out immediately that RCI sent the wrong cert offers because At the very top of the front of the page above the photos IS A CODE: RCSC-GOLD-0107. Very small and hard to read. Rather obvious what that means, don't you think? Also, $ redemption values are lower than your diamond paper offers. For example: 13 night TA Westbound Navigator of Seas 11/5/07: Hers: $200 Outside and above code HAKX. Yours: Code HAKZ $225 outside and above. Could you please recheck your paper to see if that little code is there? POINT: C & A certs may have different $ values depending on your level.

I can see the miscommunications going out from RCI mostly about the program. The way I deal with it is to call RCI, and get it straightened out. Hopefully, the CSR can match my level to the correct code. I believe in applying for what level I belong to, nothing more, nothing less. I have earned the benefit by paying for many cruises in anticipation of reaching that level. It's called "loyalty marketing" and it works if done right. What do you think?

Do you think it is each person's choice to decide what they are fairly entitled to with these certs? If you are gold should you try and use a diamond code? Is it ok if RCI doesn't catch it? Is it OK if RCI CSR gives you a credit which you haven't reached yet?

IMHO, RCI is trying to go more to the online certs to save money in mailing and have more accurate certs valid for a shorter time, based on your C & A level. What do you think will be the real world result and reaction of RCI to the inconsistencies in offer and application of this program as pointed out by CC postings? I think they will do away with the printed ones. Too much of a hassle.:(

traveler/,

Now that you told me where to look there are small little letters on the upper left of the page - away from the actual coupons. They don't make an obvious clarification as to what level the coupons are, do they? It would seem to me that they sent me the Diamond Plus coupons. But my name is on the letter. Here is the code on the top of my form. RCSC-DP-0107 What does that appear to mean to you? Royal Caribbean Savings Certificates - Diamond Plus - January 2007. So, am I allowed to use these codes since I'm only diamond? They did send them to me. :) Or should I remove them from my web space so that lower level members do not try to use them? I somehow suspect they won't work for those at a lower level because it probably won't match their level in the system if the coupon use is attempted. I think it would be denied as invalid. What do you think?

traveler/,

Now that you told me where to look there are small little letters on the upper left of the page - away from the actual coupons. They don't make an obvious clarification as to what level the coupons are, do they? It would seem to me that they sent me the Diamond Plus coupons. But my name is on the letter. Here is the code on the top of my form. RCSC-DP-0107 What does that appear to mean to you? Royal Caribbean Savings Certificates - Diamond Plus - January 2007. So, am I allowed to use these codes since I'm only diamond? They did send them to me. :) Or should I remove them from my web space so that lower level members do not try to use them? I somehow suspect they won't work for those at a lower level because it probably won't match their level in the system if the coupon use is attempted. I think it would be denied as invalid. What do you think?

Thanks for your reply and taking the time to post the info. My guess is: RCSC (Royal Caribbean Savings Certificates)- DP (diamond / diamond plus) - 0107 (January 2007). I think that Diamond/ Diamond Plus is probably same value(if RCI is consistent with other discounts like balcony).

I think you provided valuable information and were trying to help others get clarification in the midst of LOTS of confusion and conflicting marketing. KUDOS TO YOU (no discount though).

I think that you can ask the CC moderator to edit the post to reflect the level of usage it applies to if you feel the need to, or add another post quoting that one with an update in the headline. There is so much misinformation / miscommunication out there about this and most of it, unfortunately, is coming from RCI. I really believe strongly that RCI should form a FOCUS GROUP of cruisers and TA's to help them come up with a more consistently marketed loyalty program, and to offer advice on other issues. I will email Alice Norsworthy, Senior VP, Marketing about this! Who knows, they may pick some CC'ers and they may get a free cruise or at least OBC. :D

I agree with you, the real test of this comes when a person tries to redeem the certificate. RCI should match to the level for the award. So even if they catch it, the person would be getting the correct award discount. If they do or don't isn't your responsibility. It is the responsibility of RCI to properly administer the program, and the person booking to follow the rules to get the discount. IMHO.

There's one for the Liberty 10/20/07, but not one for my Liberty 12-8-07 Boo Hoo!!

Thanks Molly! Sorry there's not one for you, too. Hopefully my mailing will arrive soon so I can call the TA. Two price drops so far since I booked, and now a coupon...this will be a really inexpensive trip! :D

Does anyone have the last issue of 2006?? I heard it has a Jewel Nov 11th coupon in it.............of course,I threw mine out because I didnt need it....Now that I have changed,I would like to try to see if I can use it........after all, I did book back then.......have nothing to lose...................

Does anyone have the last issue of 2006?? I heard it has a Jewel Nov 11th coupon in it.............of course,I threw mine out because I didnt need it....Now that I have changed,I would like to try to see if I can use it........after all, I did book back then.......have nothing to lose...................

I have it. 6 night Jewel to Western Caribbean. Nov. 11, Nov. 25, 2007

$35 USD/inside CODE HAJH

$75 USD/outside and above CODE HAJG

Keep in mind that these were only supposed to be good until Dec. 31, 2006

I was Platinum when I received these. I asked on the boards if anyone was Diamond and was it a higher amount for Diamond members in their mailing. They posted that theirs were for the same amount.

Email coupons@rccl.com. Give them all the information you normally would and you won't have to mail it. That is all it took for my coupon to get accepted after C&A told me to do that.

Thanks Alexis..........I know its expired,but like I said, I have nothing to lose.................I always email my coupons in.........dont need a rep to tell me I cant use it................besides they are too busy giving me my 30th credit...............hahah!! yea right...........but today is the date they told me................think I'll go call them on that..I'll report on the other thread.........

• 3 weeks later...
Try clicking here to see the entire list. I hope the link works. I'm a diamond member but there is no designation on the list as to level. It simply states crown and anchor society member savings certificates.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/G/e/Georgean/CAmembersavings.jpg

Go to the lower right corner of the image and then you should be able to click on it to enlarge the image making it readable.

Did you see any expiration date with that?

I think I read someplace that mailing the certificates was coming to an end, but please don't quote me, I'm past 50 now and can't remember what I ate today.

I've only been on Royal once, but have 2 upcoming cruises. I so loved the Radiance that the other lines now pale in comparison. Not really, Princess Diamond was beautiful....

sorry, offtrack.....

I haven't received an email with certificates and I see someone said no about the Jewel 2/23/08, but could someone check the Brilliance for 10/24 Med?

Thanks much

I am confused . . . My neice (gold) received her coupons in the mail during January and it is the same coupons posted earlier on this board that need to be booked by March 31st. When I go to my crown & anchor (platinum) benefits at RCCL site - The only coupons I can view are the 29 that need to be booked between 2/1/07 and 2/28/07. I wonder if the mailings are quarterly and people that receive up-dates on-line only get them monthly? :confused: :confused: (We are all trying to book Voyager in 2008 and keep wiating on the coupons that she has already received.) Just courious why I can not view these coupons??

are there any coupons for explorer of the seas leaving out of bayonne, nj? thanks :)

We received our C & A savings certificates a few weeks ago and they were good to 3/31 too. Here's 3 I used for the Explorer for Bayonne

12/2 200.00 off suite

10/26 125.00 off suite

10/21 50.00 off suite

There were more but I'm sorry I can't remember them and there's some online on RCCL website under C & A savings certificates too. :) I faxed them in and they were applied in a couple of days.

I am confused . . . My neice (gold) received her coupons in the mail during January and it is the same coupons posted earlier on this board that need to be booked by March 31st. When I go to my crown & anchor (platinum) benefits at RCCL site - The only coupons I can view are the 29 that need to be booked between 2/1/07 and 2/28/07. I wonder if the mailings are quarterly and people that receive up-dates on-line only get them monthly? :confused: :confused: (We are all trying to book Voyager in 2008 and keep wiating on the coupons that she has already received.) Just courious why I can not view these coupons??

This is a possible explanation. I received the same ones your neice did in Jan. good to 3/31. I also can view others online under C & A. The savings certificates that came in the mail are under my DH's C & A number and name and the online certificates are under my C & A number and name. Same last name, same address but they'll use both C & A numbers. We were told for both of us to sign up individually by the LA so we would get what she called double offers. :)

traveler/,

Mommabean, I checked yours against Gold and you receive 25.00 more off than Gold level. Example 10/21 was 50.00 off Gold you have 75.00 off, 12/2 was 200.00 gold off you have 225.00 off. You are right, it won't match in the system and those lower than diamond plus will get the lower discount but you did a great job of posting the certificate because it gave people all the dates so they can call RCCL to get try and get a discount for thier date and level! Given the small amount in difference for Diamond Plus savings certicates, I bet platimum and possibly diamond are the same savings certificates as Gold. Or maybe Diamond is 15.00 more off? Thanks for posting yours!:)

Can these coupons be used on an existing booking? We have not recieved our coupons, but on MommaBeans' list I see some we could use. Can they be printed off the internet anywhere? Thanks.

Get the codes that apply to any existing cruise you might have from mommabean's list..........then send all your information (name, ship, sailing date, booking number, coupon code(s)) to coupons@rccl.com. These coupons will expire on March 31........then new ones will be mailed.

If you would like to receive the mailed certificates, call C&A and ask that you be put on their mailing list. The coupons online are for cruises booked within the month that they are shown. The mailed ones can be used on existing cruises already booked and usually have a 3-4 month expiration date.

cruisenfever, you seem to be in the know.

It seems that when I signed up to get coupons online, that's when I stopped getting the magazine and the coupons inside the magazine. Was that a coincidence, or is that what was supposed to happen? Does the magazine still exist? We liked getting it. Made us happy. :)

Do you have to call, or can you email?

Thanks in advance if you can answer! Or even if you can't, thanks for reading.

Are the mailed coupons different than the ones available on line in the Crown and Anchor board? Also I spoke with the tel. rep for Royal Caribbean and she could not give credit for the on line coupon over the phone, said I must mail in and it would be applied at final payment. Any one else experience this?

Are the mailed coupons different than the ones available on line in the Crown and Anchor board? Also I spoke with the tel. rep for Royal Caribbean and she could not give credit for the on line coupon over the phone, said I must mail in and it would be applied at final payment. Any one else experience this?

That seems to be the norm. Passed along the coupon info to a friend who happens to be at the platinum level and when she tried to do this over the phone they wanted the coupon with her name printed on it mailed in. I just suggested she call them and request the coupons be mailed out, the latest offer does not expire until 3/31/07.

cruisenfever, you seem to be in the know.

It seems that when I signed up to get coupons online, that's when I stopped getting the magazine and the coupons inside the magazine. Was that a coincidence, or is that what was supposed to happen? Does the magazine still exist? We liked getting it. Made us happy. :)

Do you have to call, or can you email?

Thanks in advance if you can answer! Or even if you can't, thanks for reading.

Hopefully this will answer both of your questions.

First of all, the savings certificates that are mailed have an expiration date, which is usually 3 months, and can be used on cruises already booked. The savings certificates that are available online are only good for a cruise booked in the month the coupon is featured.....in other words a booking window of one month.

If there are two members of your family that have C&A numbers, the one that does not access the C&A website should call C&A and have the mailed certificates sent to them in their name and number. The first mailing we received, which was early last year, stated that if we access the C&A website, we automatically remove ourselves from their mailing list. So, the C&A mailing comes to my husband in his C&A number and I access the C&A website with my C&A number.

Once you receive the savings certificates in the mail (this is just a very long letter with many cruises/ships/dates and codes for cabin category and the discount amounts) on the back of the letter is a form that you fill out and send in. They will not take any coupon info over the phone. But you can email the info with coupon codes to coupons@rccl.com, you can send it in (after making a copy), or give it to your TA. Many folks have been very successful with just emailing them with all the information.

Hope this helps.

We booked while on board in Dec for a cruise in Feb. 2008. After I saw the C&A coupons on-line, I called and changed the booking to a week eariler that offered $150 off balconies. Is this a considered a new booking? Naturally, we kept our original booking number. I did mail in the coupon, but I'm wondering if I should have DH call and request the mail coupons, we are platinum members and never get the mailed coupons. Thanks

Just received the new C & A coupons sent via US mail today good till 3/31/07 Got one for my 08 Serenade S. Carib sailing. They are for many dates in 07 and some as far off as Apr. of 08

I thought they weren't mailing anything anymore since there C&A magazine is now on line. Anything for the March 18 sailing on the Vision? If so, do you think I can get a credit? I booked it through a TA and of course, made final payment already. Thanks

I thought they weren't mailing anything anymore since there C&A magazine is now on line. Anything for the March 18 sailing on the Vision? If so, do you think I can get a credit? I booked it through a TA and of course, made final payment already. Thanks

Nothing for Vision March 18.

And yes, they send out the quarterly magazine and the Savings Certificates and each is a separate mailing. It's like the best kept secret C&A has going for them.............the less that know, the less postage!! Call them and have them sent out. They are a much better deal since they can be applied to already booked cruises. And, if you are like we are, we book when the itineraries first come out which are sometimes 16 months or more in advance

We booked while on board in Dec for a cruise in Feb. 2008. After I saw the C&A coupons on-line, I called and changed the booking to a week eariler that offered $150 off balconies. Is this a considered a new booking? Naturally, we kept our original booking number. I did mail in the coupon, but I'm wondering if I should have DH call and request the mail coupons, we are platinum members and never get the mailed coupons. Thanks

I would say that you did a new booking using a previously established booking number. You can always call C&A and see if the coupon was applied. I'd be interested in what they tell you.

Have your DH call and have those savings certificates mailed to one of you at your home address. I'd be happy to check my most recent letter and see if your cruise is showing. Unfortunately, since we are D+, the codes/discounts will be different and possibly the sailings/ships/dates..........but I would be happy to look.

Archived