New to RCI - Mariner

Javalava

I have asked this on the cabin selection board with no response. We've never sailed RCI before but are considering a cruise on the Mariner in June. We've requested a balcony cabin and have been offered 6612. It looks to be a hump cabin, which I've read is desirable. We're not used to the large ships...last two cruises have been HAL on a higher deck. Can anyone tell me how this location is in relation to other areas we will be frequenting?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

You will be one deck up from the Promenade. Depending on where your dining table is in the dining room is on the 3rd,4th or 5th deck. The buffet is on the 11th deck. We stayed on the sixth deck and found it convenient to all locations. We were very near the elevator and the stairs. We could go and look down into the promenade. We could walk to the Promenade in the a flash. I hope this helps.

We have been on all of the Voyager Class ships except for Adventure and have always had a "hump cabin" on deck six. We just love this location as it is close to everything. After a long evening of drinking and dancing, you only have one flight of steps and you are at your door. Never had a problem with any noise from the elevators or anything. We always try for 6620. We leave on Feb. 4th on Mariner and we are in 6616, with family and friends on either side of us. You will love this location.

Many thanks for all your kind responses. Although I remain quiet, I learn so much from these boards and when I do have a question someone always comes through with great info. I did book the room on deck 6 on the Mariner. Looking forward to a great cruise in June.

Thanks again!

Archived