Insurance question

sdear

I would like to buy trip insurance from a company for our May cruise. Could any of you tell me what company you have used and experiences with them?

I would like to get a policy that would waive the pre existing condition limitation if possible.

Thanks for any input.

Sue

Go to [url]www.insuremytrip.com[/url]. There are many options there. CSA offers a policy(Freestyle luxe) that has pre-existing considtion waiver and can be purchased up to final payment, not first payment as most policies require.

We always use TravelGuard but in order to waive pre-existing conditions you must purchase the insurance within 14 days of date you put your deposit down on your trip. Never had to use them but it is nice to know that it is there if we need it.

Used TravelEx (found through insuremytrip.com). My 3 children (10,8,7 at the time) were free with paying adult (me). Paid $42 to insure 5 day cruise that cost about $1400 for all of us. My son felt ill on our last day and had to be seen in the ships clinic. Travelex paid the $253 bill quickly.

Thanks for the info. I don't know why I didnt just purchase it when I put the deposit down...but I want to buy it now . I have read too many horror stories here on what "can" happen and I don't want to be without it. Just one trip to the clinic for whatever will pay for itself .

I will check out those places and see what I can line up. I bought the insurance through RCI on our last cruise, and I bought it for the Sept cruise..but somehow I blanked the May cruise.

Thanks,
Sue

[quote name='sdear']I would like to buy trip insurance from a company for our May cruise. Could any of you tell me what company you have used and experiences with them?

I would like to get a policy that would waive the pre existing condition limitation if possible.

Thanks for any input.

Sue[/quote]

Hi Sue,

If you are past the deadlines to waive the pre existing condition exclusion, then you'll need to pay attention to the pre existing condition "Lookback Period". The Lookback Period defines what a pre existing condition is.

You'll want a pre existing condition as short as possible. There are a few plans with 60 day Lookback Periods.

I hope this helps.

Archived