Winter Has Arrived

AFT_LOVER

How far north? My daughter is in San Antonio for the week, and I'd like to know what she's in for! :eek:

Merion-Mom - I live in San Antonio. It's almost 4:00 now. Started out at 70 degrees when we woke up this morning. Since about noon the temp has been dropping and it around 53 right now. It has been raining on and off all day. They are predicting freezing percip Monday and Tuesday mornings and maybe all the way down to 28 for Tuesday morning. Had to bring my patio plants in so they won't freeze. Won't be going anywhere if we get any ice. No one knows how to drive on ice in this town. The rest of the week is high in the 40-50's and lows 30's. Rain all week predicted. I'm afriad she picked the wrong week to visit.:(

Here in Vancouver BC, we have the snow and cold that back East usually has. A big reversal this year with winter weather.

We have had 14 storms in a row and snow as well. It was down to -10 C at night, not at all our kind of winter!

We don't see snow in the city usually and we have had a few snow storms already and it is only Jan.

Our skiing is great though for those that like to ski. I hope we have this much snow in 2010 for the Winter Olympics in Whistler.

with the 2 missing boys found. My god, the one from over 4 years ago with that sicko pizza manager/pt funeral worker. FBI stated he seemed drugged but his father crying with relief. So hug away with pride that City & FBI found their man & those boys. You will be very warm too.

So far CLE is wet, but no ice or snow. But we are waiting. We had black ice on the 9th that I lost my SUV to at 20 mph & a curb. Steering shot! $1900 to repair at the dealer. But good news, it may be the tires we bought that are being recalled, so they pay for the damage & I get new tires.

I also feel bad for my plants, 600 daffodils are up about 6" even my rhoadies are budding as is our potted tree on the widow walk.

Me too!! Round one of ice last night, no power overnight, round 2 of ice due this afternoon, round 3 of ice due Sunday, snow due on Monday, and temps below freezing for the next several days:eek: :eek:

stating that he can't find toilet paper, milk or bread in any store he's been to. Saw post that DFW was closed?

I live north of San Antonio Texas and we are under an Ice Storm Warning. Yikes!! Ive lived here 10 years and this is the first time since I lived here we have had this happen. Im from Dallas and was used to it there at least once a year but not this far south. Tomorrow should be real interesting. I bet the grocery stores and Walmart are packed.

Archived