Winter Has Arrived

AFT_LOVER

and the news of ice storms with major airport closings from California to Ohio. Here in CLE we had 60 yesterday with 38 (right now) as the high falling throughout the day. Snow is due here with a vengenance on Monday with ice before it (West of us in Ohio have it now).

So my heart goes out to everyone on a cruise today or tomorrow who can't get a flight. Hope you had insurance that covers bad weather (Berkley doesn't; Access America must have a 24 hour airport closure)

you are rigth winter has finally arrived...little late but that's ok...temps this morning in minneapolis are 3 above with a wind chill of 21 below...the light aren't coming down off the house today...watch old cruise tapes this morning and football this afternoon and evening...oh ya grocery shop today...63 days and counting til the AOS in mid march...the dw will be checking out the tanning sessions this weekend to get her body all bronzed up and ready for the caribbean sun...me...nah...i'll just let the strong caribbean sun burn it...hello aloe...go saints and chargers...super bowl bound...

You can keep winter...it's only going to be around freezing this weekend with a little chance of snow in Southwestern Ontario. We don't even have snow on the ground yet. Took the Christmas lights down on New Year's Day when the temp was a balmy 45F or 7C!

travel insurance covers airline trip delays correct? Also does it pay to catch up to the ship? I have not read thru the policy yet ,but maybe I should. Anyone have this insurance and had your flight cancelled what happens while under this plan ? Thanks in advance for your response....

I'd love to have 80 degrees in January. And Feb., & Mar., &.........

Me too!! Round one of ice last night, no power overnight, round 2 of ice due this afternoon, round 3 of ice due Sunday, snow due on Monday, and temps below freezing for the next several days:eek: :eek:

Me too!! Round one of ice last night, no power overnight, round 2 of ice due this afternoon, round 3 of ice due Sunday, snow due on Monday, and temps below freezing for the next several days:eek: :eek:

I'll shut up now;)

Kim what part of St. Louis are you in. I am in the Affton area.

After Spring-like temperatures, I'm glad that winter has returned. It's only six degrees F outside right now. I'm only happy about this because I feel more justified in getting away for another cruise in March! Otherwise I'd like to keep the warm weather. :rolleyes:

We are from the Ozarks and having a terrible ice storm. Power out about 12 hours, trees uprooted (looks like a war zone), traffic lights not working, cell phones not working, etc.:confused:

Traveling next weekend on a cruise :) Happy it is not this weekend.

I'll take the winter weather any day over the severe weather that Fla. gets! Winter can be cold and dangerous, but it doesn't wipe out entire communities the way the storms in Fla. do in the fall mos. After a reprieve from such weather this past fall some may have forgotten the fall of '05. I also wouldn't want to contend with the oppresive humidity in the summer. Had the chance to move to the Tampa area a few years ago and said no thank you to that real quick!

80 yesterday - 70 over night, slept with windows open, 72 now, tomorrow highs are supposed to be in the 30s/40s.. too cold for me! I like heat and do not mind humidity. Makes my bones hurt just to think about the cold. I grew up in Tennessee so have been in weather in the teens, snow and ice storms, no thanks..

As for airport closures, I checked the FAA site and am only seeing one with delays. To watch go to http://www.fly.faa.gov you can narrow to closer regions with the drop downs.

I live north of San Antonio Texas and we are under an Ice Storm Warning. Yikes!! Ive lived here 10 years and this is the first time since I lived here we have had this happen. Im from Dallas and was used to it there at least once a year but not this far south. Tomorrow should be real interesting. I bet the grocery stores and Walmart are packed.

I live north of San Antonio Texas and we are under an Ice Storm Warning. Yikes!! Ive lived here 10 years and this is the first time since I lived here we have had this happen. Im from Dallas and was used to it there at least once a year but not this far south. Tomorrow should be real interesting. I bet the grocery stores and Walmart are packed.

How far north? My daughter is in San Antonio for the week, and I'd like to know what she's in for! :eek:

What is winter? It sounds very nice.

Right now it's 83.3 degrees in the shade in sunny south Florida. I wore my wide brimmed hat and sunscreen as I pulled those pesky weeds this morning.

The only season I'm am all to familiar with is - hurricane season. :(

Dockman-We live in Ballwin but I teach in Lemay, right around the corner from you!

Ilionite-oh did I mention that in addition to winter weather, in the summer we often have temps in the 90's with humidity well over 70% (we have actually had 100% hum. with no rain!)

Twocc's-we got ice too but not as bad as you guys. However still a lot of uprooted trees and limbs down here. They are predicting more ice followed by high winds. I am sure the people from Ameren UE are ready really excited by that one!

3dogmom- Thanks! and ANYTIME you want to switch houses for a few weeks in January, just let me know

You can keep winter...it's only going to be around freezing this weekend with a little chance of snow in Southwestern Ontario. We don't even have snow on the ground yet. Took the Christmas lights down on New Year's Day when the temp was a balmy 45F or 7C!

Yea, you send it to the south side of the lake................ thanks alot !!!!!

Archived